Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

everyone is now gay for the month of april

Gaymes expected in Gaypril:

Freedom Planet 2 (Switch, PS, Xbox)
The Gap (Switch)
Biomorph (PC)
Botany Manor (PC, Switch, Xbox)
Children of the Sun (PC)
Grounded (Switch, PS)
Whisker Waters (PC, Switch, PS)
Soul Covenant (PC, PS)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (PC, Switch, PS, Xbox)
Tales of Kenzera: Zau (PC, Switch, PS, Xbox)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba- Sweep the Board! (Switch)
Megaton Musashi: Wired (PC, Switch, PS)
SaGa: Emerald Beyond (PC, Switch, PS, Mobile)
Manor Lords (PC)
Sand Land (PC, PS, Xbox)
Stellar Blade (PS)
TopSpin 2K25 (PC, PS, Xbox)
Braid Anniversary Edition (PC, Switch, PS, Xbox, Mobile)
Sea of Thieves (PS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

obviously trying to cash in on the success of oppenheimer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:mods:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That was my takeaway too. It's got an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack, and the jank is charming to learn to work around at first. But then it sinks in that there's almost nothing to do out in the world but packrat generic resources, the danger is very easy to avoid or mitigate, and as you expand the territory you can access the time commitment of each run grows substantially (even with the base upgrade that's supposed to reduce this)

"Stalker with a lovely beater" is a fantastic concept and it takes some great first steps but then it just... stops taking steps and you still have 1/3 of the game to go

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nice try microsoft but I do have a calendar

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

Wanna see the Aggro Crab take on the Aggro Crag with a copy of Agro Soar as the prize

Gotta find a way to involve the horse from Shadow of the Colossus

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I was wondering, is there any specific thread in Video Games for talking about issue solving in PC games?

I don't think there's a single generic PC troubleshooting thread (there's an entire other forum for that) but any game thread for a PC title is usually willing to handle that sort of question

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Being able to TK monsters into each other is a good start

Did they or Twitter gently caress up the upload? It cuts off hard at a weird place

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nice skyrim mod, what else does it add?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you can kill humans and blood comes out that alone pretty much guarantees Mature

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Designers and directors aren't necessarily the best at the game because they don't actually spend all day playing it, they have other tasks

QA people will kick your rear end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's an "end" to the chalice dungeons- if you run the correct variety of them, you get the ingredients to access a unique dungeon with an end boss and an associated trophy

But yeah, it's a procedural dungeon generator, so it's not possible to play literally all of them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Peeablo Snore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
shoutout to my east coast homies

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe I missed it in the very long article, but did all the Nazi stuff end up in the shipped game or was it eventually taken out?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Apple isn’t going to allow a “load ROM” button in emulators, and not just because of piracy, they want to know and approve everything that goes into an app. And you can’t sneak stuff pass app review because they will pull your app once it becomes publicly known

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Danimal Srossing 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shard posted:

played more Bloodborne. I think it's the perfect video game. Also apparently I'm three trophies away from platinum.

I still remember playing this in 2018 and finding it so hard but so fun. And now it feels like a walk in the park. It's amazing how confidence and Lady Maria's weapon bumped up to +10 can make even NG+ feel easier.

How many other from games did you play in the meantime? They all have enough in common that the skills are easily transferable

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ff7R1 was #2 of its year, R2 will probably also be top 5 at least

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only thing I’ve played so far that will definitely get a vote is Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. Year ain’t over yet tho

e: and Opus Magnum, but I don’t think anyone else will vote for a hardcore puzzle game from seven years ago

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 8, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Never play a video game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Shitshow of the Turdtree :twisted:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Jedi Survivor also did that, the day 1 patch was comparable to the install size

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The next hot game franchise to get a movie adaptation: cosmic horror fishing game Dredge

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Final Fantasy XIV Classic: A Realm Unborn

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Two good 2D prince of persia games in one year? Wild

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xoFcitcrA posted:

more information

what are they doing now?

and what is PoP

prince of persia, and releasing a second prince of persia game five months after the previous one

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How much do you like blowing up hundreds of ants with a rocket launcher

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Do you enjoy going on thrilling underground adventures

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
true norrathian classic everquest

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only game with real dogshit art is Okami because you can make the dog take a poo poo and someone had to make the assets for that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vermain posted:

ironstylus is 100% correct but this also highlights the absolute impotence of twitter as a platform for meaningful information or discussion given that i had to scroll through a sea of people who've never seen a woman irl before i could actually get to the thread

Doubly impotent when you remember that without a twitter account you can't read anything beyond the two tweets in that embed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
fellas, is it gay to find a woman attractive

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

AAAHH!!! Real Games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We already have ways to give devs more money after you buy the game, DLC and premium skins and so on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah a lot of people use engaging with tipped workers as a chance to have a personal attendant they can order around, it’s really toxic and bad

There have been a couple of attempts to do tip-free restaurants, but they always succumb to cultural inertia. It doesn’t help that the listed menu prices have to be higher when it’s part of the bill

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 13, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Do I want to know what the red strings club thing is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Somehow, Lawbreakers returned.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny was the OG 10-year plan, but Anthem wanted to be Destiny so badly it probably had one as well, even if they never got around to publicly saying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, put on fire resist gear and then just be very patient waiting for something you can reliably punish without a hit in return. It will take a very long time and be incredibly tedious but you can do it

And pretty soon you will be wishing you had a rematch with it, lol