Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Someone should make a new godzilla movie where godzilla is a metaphor for the unaffordability of housing in the US, called godzillow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

they didn't even do that, they got mad the audience understood their coherent narrative in season 1 and deliberately made the storytelling more obtuse to own reddit
That's insanely dumb. Why torpedo your own story just because some people on reddit figured it out when that probably won't affect how much 99% of viewers enjoy it?

mystes
May 31, 2006

I actually think even season 1 of westworld might have been a bit stronger if they made it a little bit less focused on plot twists

mystes
May 31, 2006

I enjoyed the murder of sonic the hedgehog

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't even understand the point in using big-name actors for voice acting cartoons. They usually aren't even very good at it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

hatty posted:

Is that true for Kids movies? Seems like a myth
I guess they must assume that parents will be more willing to go that way? But it seems like they wouldn't be the ones deciding anyway

mystes
May 31, 2006

"We haven't started planning any layoffs but you can bet that tomorrow when we have a meeting about the cost cuts that's going to be the first thing on our agenda"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Miss Mowcher posted:

How do you know if you're lucid dreaming, or you're actually just dreaming about the experience of lucid dreaming?
You're actually a butterfly dreaming about dreaming about the experience of lucid dreaming

mystes
May 31, 2006

I feel like that should be a crime but I guess it probably isn't

mystes
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

It wouldnt surprise me if this was ArenaNet. But there are a lot of game developers in Seattle.
If it wasn't just some crazy stalker pretending to be a nonexistent company and a company actually brought her in just to pull this bullshit she should name them

mystes
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

theres probably space for Deck Building Diablo where all of your abilities are randomly drawn and replaced as you use them
Please give me that

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm surprised someone hasn't done that already but I guess diablo style games are quite labor intensive and deckbuilders tend to be small indie games because they are so much simpler to make so maybe nobody has thought to put those games styles together?

Not that it really has to be diablo level graphics

mystes
May 31, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

a roguelike game about building a deck of trading cards..... genius! never been done!
:airquote:roguelike:airquote: (or roguelite?) deckbuilders are common but is there anything that is really actually that roguelike?

mystes
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

the maps were intensely uninteresting even by diablo clone standards
I feel like they must have had to work at that

Rinkles posted:

Haven’t played it myself, but the recently released Dream Tactics is sort of that kind of fusion of SRPG and deckbuilding.

I heard it’s not bad.
oh that looks cool

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Video unavailable
This video is private
It was a trailer with gameplay footage of the new hobbit game

Incredible that they made it private lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

The video was capture by archive.org here: https://web.archive.org/web/20240422135355/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS_E-1SDVM0

I can't actually watch it on the page but I can download it by yt-dlp

Here's the last 60 seconds or so (because of imgur limitations) if anyone just wants to see what the gameplay looks like
https://i.imgur.com/FvYRZNQ.mp4

mystes fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 22, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rarity posted:

It was literally called a bomb ring
Do you think that characters within the game can go into the inventory screen and see what stuff is called?

Or does it being named a certain thing rather than something like ??? imply that the character has knowledge of that name?

mystes
May 31, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

My youtube algorithm folly was watching 3 thirty second animation memes in a row, and then youtube decided that my attention span was 1 minute max.
youtube is correct

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I knew Eiyuden Chronicles was an accurate spiritual successor to PS1 JRPGs when after I went through a mine with minecart puzzles, there was a boss where every turn i was forced to watch a crane turn agonizingly slow to drop a rock on my party every turn, if you hit the switch, the crane turns agonizingly slow in the opposite direction.
Since there are so many people making stuff like gameboy color-like games now I assume that in 10 more years people will be intentionally making FFVIII-like games where the summon sequences taking two hours is legitimately supposed to be part of the nostalgic appeal

mystes
May 31, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

People have been making PSX style games for awhile now.
I guess I just haven't noticed because it's hard to distinguish intentionally psx style from just having really bad graphics

mystes
May 31, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The best game of 2022 was a psx-style game
What game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Endorph posted:

did you know the clouds in super mario brothers (nes) are just the bushes colored white
Maybe the "bushes" are just green vape clouds