Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should have main-evented UFC 300?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall 2 5.88%
Georges St-Pierre vs Khabib Nurmagomedov 6 17.65%
Mark Hunt vs Dana White 19 55.88%
Mark Coleman vs A Fire 5 14.71%
Mark Twain vs The Tainted Legacy of Americana 2 5.88%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Bucky Fullminster posted:

What's the actual thought process behind this though? Are they selling the place out and just really don't want to give away those extra seats?

And what's the deal for non-APEX fights?

MMAJunkie posted:

UFC fighters typically receive four complimentary tickets for events on the road. However, tickets were not typically guaranteed to the athletes at the UFC Apex prior to this policy implementation. According to numerous people with knowledge of the procedures, family and friends often purchased premium-priced tickets to in order to attend, though comps were occasionally given on a more rare, situational basis, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

COPE 27 posted:

I'm usually a fight night defender, but I know like 5 of these fighters and 2 of them are Norma Dumont and GDR

Yeah I was about to post something along these lines but got distracted by GDR fighting at all, didn't think we'd ever see her again.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
https://twitter.com/MerabDvalishvil/status/1775927091462324280

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

lol, furthermore, lmao.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Foul Fowl posted:

isn’t francis still the lineal champ?

No I think it is Anthony Joshua now.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
yeah they're gonna play it off like the pissada dude has a funny story to tell about meeting hammered jon jones and he should be grateful for being threatened

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

beep by grandpa posted:

So career heavyweight francis ngannou got stripped of the belt he had for like 4mo bc he wanted to fight in September instead of August and we are now a month into year 2 of jon jones' hw reign which he has had approx 1 fight in ever, cool

no, career heavyweight francis ngannou got hosed over cuz he was talking about fighter pay and poo poo (though, beyond for himself, it might've been all talk)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
edit: oops, meant to post in GDT, not double post here.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

lol what? I did end up just copy/pasting it to the GDT a minute later

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Oh gently caress 300 is this weekend huh? snuck up on me. I like the custom unreadable shorts, hopefully they actually worked with the fighters about those rather than just suddenly made them wear it.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
nunes vs cyborg kinda? (the fight happened but the belt's not real)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

STING 64 posted:

the big thing with the new gloves is the lack of seams so incidental cuts may not be as prevalent

JUST BLEED less

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Huh? I could see wanting Max to retire after the trilogy, but now? He's 32 years old, here's a fun little one for you, we might see Max on UFC 400.

Also Jim Miller should train how to be a ref so that he can be on UFC 400, I guess they could have him do commentary too or something.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Angry_Ed posted:

Has anyone tried making "FightCoin" or "DanaWhiteCoin" yet.

Looks like yes and the associated ig account was created in may 2021, don't really wanna spend more effort than that to dig further, I'll tell you though that their website just says "actually we're gonna be named something else" which then links to another website that is completely dead.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Is there really a Tyler Diamond

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Buschmaki posted:

Karate Combat tomorrow!! I've been telling the other bjj hobbyists at my gym about it and they have no clue what the hell I'm yapping about!

where do they broadcast?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Oh poo poo I didn't realize it was this early, thanks

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

rjmccall posted:

Wait, they’re seriously doing it from like 3am to 6am locally just so it’s live in primetime in the US? I never paid much attention to this stuff, but that’s extremely hosed up. It’s not like US people wouldn’t watch UFC in the late afternoon.

That's not the actual start time though, exact times probably aren't set yet but judging by other cards prelims probably start at like 11 pm

It is still stupid but it isn't quite as stupid as it seems.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Yeah Youtube will very easily just have so-and-so winner interview shoved in your face via suggestions/that grid at the end of videos, it's annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Double posting because loving LMAO

https://www.mmafighting.com/2024/5/1/24145147/morning-report-ilia-topuria-has-no-doubt-hell-be-highest-paid-athlete-in-the-world-in-2025-ufc

Is this enough to get him pulled from a fight as concussion symptoms? I can't stop laughing.