Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should have main-evented UFC 300?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall 2 5.88%
Georges St-Pierre vs Khabib Nurmagomedov 6 17.65%
Mark Hunt vs Dana White 19 55.88%
Mark Coleman vs A Fire 5 14.71%
Mark Twain vs The Tainted Legacy of Americana 2 5.88%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
😱😱 DID JON 🦴🦴🦴 JONES 👑 FUMBLE 🏈 THE BAG??? 💰 💯💯💯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The UFC's autoopening glove has been getting a lot of flak on my algo recently, so maybe theyre debuting a glove that works completely differently right before 300 for some reason

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Karate Combat Dubai is actually gonna be lit. There's an India vs. Pakistan match

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

coathat posted:

I hope they get GSP back for commentary

He's there

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
GSP and Bas...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
gonna skip this ufc crap and watch #DanaBrown's wild ride in dubai

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm just jealous no one cares abt KC enough to make a good effortpost like that 😔

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Shumagorath posted:

When’s KC on? It’s fun in spite of a few rules I wish they’d drop.

The 20th! They have the yamma pit which makes the grappling event they do really fun to watch

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Also if you want some rules to change buy their dumbass crypto. They changed their ground and pound rules based on a crypto-stakeholder poll. I'm not joking.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
why do the gloves have a microchip in them, and why does the ufc focus so much on actual fightwear? MMA isnt really a participant focused spectator sport is it...? Are randos buying fight shorts to work out in...?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's pretty insane that they just keep letting the insane bigot with homicidal ideation get more brain damage

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Dont wanna knock someone from my hometown and question their decisions tho.... and of course by that I mean the OG of the fight biz, the gangster from Boston, Dana

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Karate Combat 45

I dont really know how to do a big effortpost so I'm gonna try to keep this short and sweet. Do you like the sweet eastern science of Karate, do you wish Yamma Pit Fighting still existes, are you a fan of crypto? Nothing to do on the weed day? Then brother have I got the event for you!

GSP and Bas on Commentary! Luke Rockhold and Joe Schilling as the main event! An undercard explicitly themed around India vs Pakistan! What's not to love? "Voting" (Gambling) on the matches using $Karate, Karate Combat's own crypto. Maybe you'll win big and become a major stakeholder, allowing your vote on rule changes to carry more weight! (Please do not buy the karatecoin or gamble using it.)

The full lineup is as follows:

Luke Rockhold vs Joe Schilling

Luiz Rocha USA vs Myrza Te-Buev RUS

Raymond Daniels (USA) vs. Eddie Farrell (AUS)

Bruno Souza (BRA) vs. Vitalii Dubina (UKR)

Saidyokub Kakhramonov (UZB) vs. PENDING

Shahzaib Rind (PAK) vs. Rana Singh (IND)

Uloomi Karim (PAK) vs. Himanshu Kaushik (IND)

Rizwan Ali (PAK) vs. Pawan Gupta (IND)

Ali Motamed (IRI) vs. Adam Noi (FRA)

Ali Zarinfar (IRI) vs. Huang Shuai Lu (CHN)

But that's not all, cause Karate combat also features...

Pit Submission Grappling

It's jiu jitsu, aka Mexican Ground Karate, but in a pit! Honestly I'm more excited to watch this than ADCC. To steal the words of the pound for pound second-best grappler in the world, and one half of the main event, Craig Jones, the pit offers more exciting grappling because unlike other formats where people run out of the ring and have to reset; and unlike cage fighting where getting backed into the offers insane defensive posture against takedowns, the slanted pit wall actually offers an even playing field when the action is taken to. the. limits. Dont just believe that run-on sentence, watch one of the craziest finishes I've ever seen in a grappling match!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6muxoue-jI

If you see this and arent yellin' "Oss!" Youre probably a normal person with normal hobbies!

And the best part? It's entirely free on youtube live! Who would pay for this poo poo!? No one! So the promoter, the self-appointed "Dana Brown" (he isnt white) is giving it to you for free on youtube live! April 20th! Be there or be square!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Also this is for the other grappling sickos, and not normies who dont wanna watch 16 mins of grappling, but this match from the last KC was crazy. Including commentary from a seeming grappling expert, Bas, and a guy who is like, on jake pauls podcast I guess...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VzC_mErmW8

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 16, 2024

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Karate Combat tomorrow!! I've been telling the other bjj hobbyists at my gym about it and they have no clue what the hell I'm yapping about!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

kimbo305 posted:

Our kid got assigned to Cambridge Public Schools' Portuguese immersion program, and I'm now lording it over my wife how much casual exposure I've gotten to Portuguese from watching MMA.

We're watching Musica now, and the main character is Rudy.
"did you know that the initial R in Portuguese is prononuced with an H sound?" :smug:

Cambridge, MA, my hometown, ft mothereffin' W