Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should have main-evented UFC 300?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall 2 5.88%
Georges St-Pierre vs Khabib Nurmagomedov 6 17.65%
Mark Hunt vs Dana White 19 55.88%
Mark Coleman vs A Fire 5 14.71%
Mark Twain vs The Tainted Legacy of Americana 2 5.88%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

This reminds me of the moment that truly felt like I was living in some Demolition Man cyber future

these guys 100% look like they're UFC game CAFs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What they mean is they're giving every fighter on the card a new pair of gloves to use, as they've forced them to use the same ones since they debuted.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I saw a poster with the actual fights listed on it instead of just 300.

Plain to see why they're burying the lede

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'll definitely try get the replay unspoiled, especially for max vs justin

i'm too old to wake/stay up to watch a 480p pirate stream at stupid o clock in the uk for anything but the resurrection of prime hunt, brutal bob and a guarantee that derrick lewis is going to say something hilarious.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cool post as always.

I really wish there was a way for Justin vs Max to be the cyclone of violence it promises to be without it giving Max more brain damage than he needs at this point in his career.

Only pointing out because of the effort you put in, not to nitpick, you've got a typo of Justin beating Dustin for the BMF belt in 2024, not 2023, on that section Carl.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mark Coleman gets to put the belt on whoever wins the BMF fight.

He should get to keep it himself

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rename the subforum to The Hammer House: MAX HOLLOWAY.

He is the absolute greatest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently, the punch that Pereira threw to drop hill took a third of a second to complete the full process of throw>connect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want Max to retire on that victory, he's already immortal in the eyes of many, but there's literally no better fight anyone could retire on.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

How many times have you all watched last night's bmf finish?

Saw someone saying this is like someone shouted ANDY'S COMING lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ilmucche posted:

That card was amazing. I can't get over Pereira's "no, herb, I'll handle this" not being the craziest knockout of the evening

It wasn't even the knockout that got the non-Max POTN! That was Jiri.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I saw the finish again today, unintentionally, and it's still as hype now

Max Holloway ftmfw

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alaois posted:

Jiri spends an hour a day just practicing The Look from Vagabond

Folds his shorts a thousand times every fight night.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GTO posted:

More than that, it instantly puts him back in the 'fighter I most want to see in a title fight' bucket vs before I was thinking maybe he should retire at the end of the fight.

He's both of these for me.
A warhorse like Max is going out on his shield, but I don't want him to. I want him to retire as healthy as possible and live a content life with his family.

He's going out in a fight of the year contender either way and I'm going to watch him take Topuria to war.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Justin and Max better be getting royalties on that KO clip, I'm still seeing it everywhere and it still owns

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

hmm yeah that checks out... unlike the ones in dana's pocket which are very much staying in

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Super Deuce posted:

I just read they’re doing a WWE thing at the Apex. I don’t watch it, but I’m confused why they think that’s a good idea.

they're a bunch of tight fisted dipshits and don't have to pay rent on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC 304 in Manchester is starting at 3am local time.

Guess Dana White is going to find out what a couple ten thousand utterly loving plastered mancs are like.