Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should have main-evented UFC 300?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall 2 5.88%
Georges St-Pierre vs Khabib Nurmagomedov 6 17.65%
Mark Hunt vs Dana White 19 55.88%
Mark Coleman vs A Fire 5 14.71%
Mark Twain vs The Tainted Legacy of Americana 2 5.88%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dana comes out, "it's time", leads you to your seats, your son eats a flying knee to the chin on start, they hustle you out before Bruce reads the results.

I prefer to think they're going to hand out little buzzer light up things like you get at Panera. They can each have a little speaker that has Bruce yelling "IT'S TIME" when it's your turn to sit there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Jessica Eye’s walkout vs Valentina + her name + her nickname made her seem like a randomly generated video game opponent late in career mode.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Digital Jedi posted:

Her wearing this and getting headkicked KO is up there for funniest mma moments

https://i.imgur.com/5ypOppC.jpg

I really thought that was going to be a picture of the hat she wore during the walkout that was hysterically crooked to look tough in 2002.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Apparently, the punch that Pereira threw to drop hill took a third of a second to complete the full process of throw>connect.

According to DC it wasn't Alex's whole fist (I'm not sure DC can see).

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Foul Fowl posted:

max's performance was really crazy. i think i gave him more of a chance than most people did but i thought it was like a 50/50 if max didn't get knocked out. not that it was going to be a 4-1 decisive win (that ended dramatically)

Those judges giving Justin that round are a joke.

The fight was Max’s start to finish.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

cagliostr0 posted:

Zhang vs Yan was cool too. Getting choked out and then coming back to make it a competitive fight shows how much you want to be a loving fighter

I have a huge issue with that fight. If the cut man has to ask “should I wake her up?”, that means he’s doing something he otherwise shouldn’t do. If it was merely “opening her nasal passage”, he shouldn’t have asked. He should have just done it. The only reason to have asked was to do something wrong.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

cagliostr0 posted:

It's not like they busted out a Ventolin inhaler. The doctor and the ref are the ones who decide if it shouldn't continue, all it seemed to me was asking if the camp was going to retire between rounds of continue

But how is helping her come to a question if it's as simple as that? It should just be a thing you're meant to do. It being a question is the issue. It should either be something you'd just do no questions, or not be allowed.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
I just read they’re doing a WWE thing at the Apex. I don’t watch it, but I’m confused why they think that’s a good idea.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

ilmucche posted:

Cambridge was a p cool place to visit but it's basically boston

https://youtu.be/REzs9J_nMTs?si=-S5E92h3UYR5qqv4

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Digital Jedi posted:

Very sad news today

Francis lost his 18 month old son

https://x.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1785013860258419128

His Instagram post was really sad to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

kimbo305 posted:

Spoilers? From what, your super obscure mma RSS feeds? I think even 5 years ago, it wasn't easy to run into any coverage on the normal internet for mma events.

We used to have an IRC that was decently active.