Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I have been playing dota 2 for twelve years.

I am closing in on my 4000th hour of dota 2.

I'm closing in on 3000 games and I am ranked as Archon 3 (2600-2700 mmr)

I have never been Legend rank or had 3000 MMR points.

This LP will document my journey to change that.

Why are you LPing a moba or dota 2 for that matter?

For starters, I lost a toxx on maki itoh winning a match (par for the course.

Dota 2 has had a big impact on my life. To keep a long story short, I am an incredibly competitive person and when I was younger I had football as an outlet for that. These days I can't walk around the block without my hamstring feeling like it's going to explode off my leg.

Dota 2 is the ultimate game of high's and lows and I want to show that off, I also want to show off the way that (much like a sport) dota can show growth in a really incredible way and I want to show that off to people who may have never experienced it.

What's the format for this LP?

It's going to be hybrid, I plan on updating weekly/biweekly with screenshots of progress in terms of meta, such as my rating in terms of MMR as well as things I'm practicing and improving on. I will also be doing replays of games that were paticularly notable or posting clips I consider impressive.

As an example, here's a clip of me doing something insane a few years ago.

https://streamable.com/ei6e07

this is from probably my most successful game ever, as a dota player.

I have a really distinct memory of a genuine feeling of nirvana and pure joy that we actually won this game. I sat for a couple of minutes and just soaked it up. I'm pretty sure I lost the game right after too.

The other side of my dota career is well..

Sometimes you have to go into the discord and declare that nobody beats you 10 times on the bounce. It's like I said, ups and downs.

Alright, let's get into things, shall we?

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Update 1
Update 2
Update 3
Update 4
Update 5
Update 6 (The beginning of the end?)
Mini Update
Update 7 (SO BACK)

Current role: All roles

ItohRespectArmy fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Update the first

Just a little late for this to be an elaborate april fools prank but here I am.

Last month was entirely forgettable, roughly 50% winrate and not enough games to give me my badge back.

Currently my grasp on the game is tenous. I haven't found heroes I like, I haven't found a role I like, I don't know what all the items in the game do, I am lost in terms of ingame objectives and item builds.

Thankfully the cognitive function of the average dota player means that I'm currently just average.

In terms of roles, my preference is as follows.

Position 1 (The Carry).

I spent alot of time being coached to play Position 1. My immortal friend played carry and taught me to be the very best pale imitation of himself. It was exciting and it was very effective. Let's look a little deeper on this for a moment.

These are my top 10 heroes, of all time. 7 of them are undeniable positon one heroes, real proper hard carries and I have had good success with them.

Luna is favorite hero in the entire game, she's tons of fun and usually unviable unless you're playing in a team. Her playstyle is simply too advanced for the level of MMR I'm at.

Wraith King, who is rocking an almost 60% winrate by comparison is also a favorite, he's a big bruiser who gets two lives and has a stun, he just works.

Juggernaut and Phantom Assassin can both be very, very good in the right games and the right meta but I don't enjoy playing them much.

Ursa is a bear who mauls people, he's awesome.

Position 5 (Hard Support)

I also spent alot of time being coached to be the hard support because I would duo with my immortal friend to learn things. Position 5 is a symbiotic position, you adjust to your carry and do your best to enable them. They are generally a sacrifical role and suffer for everyone else.

my three most played supports.

Crystal Maiden is the archetypal position 5, super squishy, gives people mana just for being alive, has the most cosmetics in the game that add bad visual effects.

Omniknight is a classic paladin guy who heals people, I only played him when he was completely busted though.

Ogre Magi is the gooniest hero, he's a big guy with a club who uses rng to annoy people, awesome hero.

Position 3 (The Offlane)

Tanks, initiators and just weird heroes. I love position 3 but I am very bad at it. I don't judge fights well and I do not press buttons well enough to play the more complex offlaners.

My three most played position 3 heroes are

Axe, who I used to have a genuine 35% winrate as until I hit a very very hot streak on him during a good patch.

Bristleback who I usually just play as position 1 from position 3.

and Sand King, who is just a cool rear end hero but much the same as bristle.

In general my weakness in offlane (position 3) highlights one of my main weaknesses: I am greedy and I will try to farm my way out of any bad situation. I don't do well with early pressure and I cannot apply pressure early. We'll get more into weaknesses later though. I have plenty.

Position 4 (Soft Support)

Here's a weird one, in terms of winrates I am probably an insane positon 4 player

Low sample sizes for all these but my hypothesis is that it's just that I've played so much carry I know just how to be annoying enough to make someone lose their mind.

My most played is actually Nyx Assassin with a 53% winrate in 15 games but dotabuff considers me to be "roaming" on account of his playstyle.

Position 2 (Mid)

I do not understand Mid, I have never been a good mid player. Mid is a sort of black box that when I enter I find out a millon things I am pleased to soon forget.

It's pretty ugly overall.

It makes sense though, Mid is it's own ecosystem with very specific matchups and very little room for error.

You might wonder why I did that breakdown, well it's fairly simple.

This LP has participation!

Every month I'm going to offer it up to you gamers which role I should main for a month with the ability to suggest a specific hero for that role.

Dota 2's solo ranked system allows you to basically play the same role, as long as you're willing to farm role queue tokens and I have 54 to spend on whatever the people want me to play.

The voting options are

Position 1-5

Any hero

Closing date for the vote will be 8am bst on the 8th of April. Until then I will probably just be playing to my whims.

In future I may make the voitng conditons more specific but for the opening I literally need to relearn the game, so anything will work.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Sanguinia posted:

Dope idea, do it The Cutest In The World.

thank you! I appreciate it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Serious question, do you want smart, sensible picks, or dumb meme ones

because I really want to suggest POS 4 Wraith king, an objectively bad idea, but one that is also very fun all 1/10 times it's actually not outright throwing

I am down to play Weird poo poo but stuff that most people would consider pure griefing I'll probably discard.

so down for either but there's a reason the hero picks are merely advisory.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

I've played a bit of dota in the past couple of days, so let's do a quick update before voting closes.

So, a very good record here

a 66% winning percentage over these games, I decided to try out some new stuff. Venomancer is very in meta and apparently strong, so I tried him.

it didn't go well, I didn't play amazing but I do want to highlight another gamer.

my friend ursa here, we had a hell of a lane, got a few kills and it was all good but he had the bloodlust and I'm not talking ogre magi.

every now and again in the archon bracket you encounter a gamer who can only fight, his heart does not know peace. He died doing what he loved, going in no matter what. That's what freedom means.

I went back to old reliable with Luna in my only attempt at carry during the period. This game was messy but we won it in the end due to just having a better lineup basically.

I died four times in lane, which is why my gpm was so low but when I accelerated and got into the game I was able to contribute plenty. Not bad for someone who is very rusty.

Some games you get a free loss because your team is grief and sometimes you get this game. By all accounts, we should've lost this one. In the first minute my silencer died, pinged me 15 times and went to jungle for the next 20 minutes. Leaving me solo againist...

this guy and his good friend shadow shaman. Now it's entirely possible a better player than me wouldn't end up like...

so if we lost, it'd be on silencer for leaving me 2v1 and me for dying 5 times instead of swallowing my pride and jungling.

but we did win, so actually I'm a genius.

this is probably what caught the eye at the start. I'm gona cover these games in the aggregate and then get to the reason I had to do this update with things fresh in the mind.

A good friend of mine with a perchant for smoking trees told me I should play dawnbreaker and I said, sure.

So here we are, 5 games.

In the first one I did okay but I was too bad at my abilities to get that next level, in all the future games I actually hit all 3 hits of my combo q ability and crushed people.

Dawnbreaker is an interesting one at this MMR. On one hand, I can split push and farm while my team fucks around in the jungle idly for 20 minutes and then appear with my big ulti to win the inevitable bad fight.

On the other hand, if my team are arguing with eachother over complex eastern europeon racial politics, I can't force anything, the hero is reactive in nature. A sort of second person hero.

She is really loving fun though, holy moly.

Alright, let's get into the main event though. Do you guys consider yourselves mentally strong? I like to think I have that dog in me, atleast.

Mental strength is what allows you to witness things like this.

Now what happened here?

Dota 2 tracks win probability, and you might question what on earth could cause such a drop in win probability.

Well...

Let's look deeper.

We're gona start at the 10 minute mark.

Radiant have a 3k gold lead, very good for this time in the game. They're winning some lanes for sure.

looking at the individual net worth we can see all the radiant cores leading the dire ones, with the dire mid (storm spirit) below the radiant position 4, crushing stuff.

You may also notice me being top networth for dire, no biggie.

But games aren't decided at ten minutes. Let's go forward.

14 minutes in and Radiant grows it's lead while also hitting some big big timings.

Necro has a radiance, and TA has a deso

20 minutes in and the trend continues, things are getting very very bad for dire

Necro is balling out of control and Radiant basically only have two cores at this point.

Slardar has his blink and echo, so radiant should have no problem starting fights.

If gold were everything, it'd be a extreme lead but one thing worth noting is the state of the map at this point.

Radiant have every single tower up. Dire is barely clinging on to it's two tier 2's

All that's left is for Dire to choke out the map, push their advantage and win the game.

16k gold lead.

96% win probability for Radiant, that's pretty good.

Void has done a good job of split pushing and grabbing farm where he can but the three cores of radiant are so so far ahead.

Radiant are going to turn the screws, take some rax while the idiot dawnbreaker and skywrath mage are dead.

All they have to do not to lose is to stay safe, play smart and not get baited.

Pudge hooks Necro, which gets two members of dire killed but thankfully due to a combo of chronosphere, skywrath ulti and random diving this happens.

Comeback gold is no joke and before this point, I was a little checked out. The game seemed too hard, they had too much

but something like this makes you begin to believe that the enemy is just as stupid as you are.

there's something beautiful about this, the Necro walking into the 4 enemy heroes, the storm who got crushed in lane catching him.

skywrath stealing the kill again, very based.

Oh well, it's not like the radiant are a one man team, they have a very very farmed TA.

She's got items and she's feeling herself, all she has to do is stay in the backline and crit us to death.

Radiant are gathering up in the south of the map, getting ready to do rosh probably.

Except one Radiant gamer.

Storm has had a very rough game, so he's not a hugely valuable kill but hey, I'm sure TA can get him.

well, I would hate if that happened to me.

I'm a bit of an empath, so I thought to myself, what would I do if I were him, my team is throwing a basically won game and I just died a very embarassing death.

I have 80 seconds to figure out a solution.

Bkb would be good here, it would stop skywrath blowing me up atleast.

I'd love to know what everyone in the thread would do in this situation but let's see what TA does.

Our new protagonist is TA but it's worth noting Radiant do get rosh during this death timer.

Necro and the gang go bottom and start pushing a t3, let's see what TA does.

bkb queued up, here we go!

At this late in the game, we're officially in carry territory. TA being a player of honour seeks out void for a one on one showdown.

Sadly, the fields of dota are not a place of honor, nothing of value is buried here.

I would hate if this happened to me.

another 80 seconds to ponder what went wrong.. maybe this time-

oh, well I wouldn't do that.

The theme of today's episode, mental strength.

Currently, the win probability is at 85% towards radiant.

36 minutes before the madness took hold of templar assassin.

it only took a moment but the entire gold lead flips to dire, the same dire team who hadn't taken a t2 tower

the same dire whose mid is still behind witch doctor in net worth.

seconds after TA destoys her items, radiant (who still have aeigis!!!!!!!) kill void without buyback.

A few minutes later, Radiant lose.

I might do video stuff for future deep dives like this, but I hope this was enjoyable at the very least.

Current voting (ends on the 8th)

carry 3
offlane 3
mid 1
soft support 5
hard support 1

ItohRespectArmy fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 5, 2024

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

anilEhilated posted:

This might be less bloodlust and more the lack of a BKB. I obviously don't know what kind of team you played against but it seems a pretty glaring omission.

the bkb would have helped for sure but I can't overstate that he would respawn and go fight the nearest hero, no matter what.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Only a few hours left to get your votes in!

edit: voting is now CLOSED.

I will be playing soft support until may

ItohRespectArmy fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 8, 2024

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

welcome back gamers

The poll victor was.... positon 4

I was pretty excited for this, since I knew it'd mean having to adapt alot.

I tried a bit of variety here, people wanted me to try techies and he was... weird.

I died a million times in every techies game. Maybe I was missing something but I was longing for when his jump in actually killed you, to save the gold and xp atleast.

Bounty hunter is a ton of fun but I also died alot and I had one game where my team really did not want to do anything and I was really at a complete loss on what to do.

Lion is a fun hero but I often feel very out of control of the game, you can ball but you need help to get going

And the skywrath game I just played terrible tbh.

That's the games.

My main focus of this week (besides the extremely exciting reveal of my announcer)

I use the pyrion flax announcer, he's from pretty close to where I'm from so we share solidarity in suffering.

I'm also using the pirate announcer for mega kills.

With that digression out of the way, the actual meat of this update is actually going to be focused on the ways I'm preparing for these games. First of all I identified the main weaknesses I feel I have at the moment in my game.

1. Too many deaths.

My positioning is bad, my game sense is bad, I am not soft comitting to team fights. This is largely rust but it's also partially playing new heroes and pushing my limits alot, as part of learning to play pos 4 I am refusing to just passively become a second pos 5. I have been really trying to make things happen.

In some ways, some of these losses are down to that but I also feel like if I want to actually keep improving, it's a short term pain for long term gain.

2. Item builds are lacking.

My item builds are very cookie cutter, as Lion I went Tranquils>Blink>Aghs, which is fine but if I want to be maximising my games I need to build the perfect items every game, which is daunting at first but I have done it before and it is very satisfying when it works.

3. Lack of clarity of what objectives I'm going for.

I don't really get the current map, On the old map I understood you took the enemy safelane tower, mid tower and invaded jungle but now it seems like I want to be attacking our safelane? We want to control the pain cubes? There are xp runes. I'm working on this but it's still a problem.

One thing I've started doing again is actually warming up when I start playing. People who play alot of dota often comment that their first game of the day is always worse. One way to get rid of this is to do some last hit practice or play some overthrow to literally warm up. I wasn't doing this at first when I returned but it did help this week of play.

I'm also doing research, I've resubbed to BSJ's patreon to binge his coaching sessions, which give tons of insight. I've also been reading alot of d2protracker to look for interesting item builds or trends I may not be noticing. Obviously this is all overthinking for the Archon bracket but if you're going to be insane about a game, you have to do it right.

For the next update, I am considering my pool of pos 4 heroes, which ones do you guys think I need/should add?

I was considering undying, who I apparently have...

:eyepop:

90% winrate?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

I wanted to give the techies hero one last try. In these games my positioning was alot better, I was very focused on the lane and doing lots of damage. In several of the techies games I had more damage than my core but at no point did I really feel in charge of the game. These games just kind of passed me by.

The undying games I felt incredibly strong, I was being aggressive, I finished in one of them with 20k healing but we still lost, overall a very very rough set of games where I felt like I was improving massively but the progress was not showing in any meaningful way besides slightly less deaths and more kills/damage.

Then I picked the disruptor hero, this hero is busted in the high level meta and in my MMR bracket it's simply too good at punishing the infinite mistakes. In these games I barely died, I shut down entire heroes with my aghs ultimate and felt unstoppable. It was such a step up in power level and execution I felt like I couldn't lose.

Let's look at the hardest game of the bunch

first thing's first, let's look at our team lineup.

We have, pos 5 pudge, pos 4 disruptor, mid jakiro, offlane bloodseeker and pos 1 morphling.

alot of this is really weird and bad but whatever, anything can work at 2k.

Let's look at my lane for a bit.

first off, bloodseeker gets first blood at an extremely weird and long rune fight.

so, I'm off warding the pull camp but I really should've clocked at this moment just how incredibly dangerous this lane is. I really don't realise it in the lane until after a few deaths, naturally overcomitting to a rune fight and being at low hp is always going to cost you but versus a lane like this, you need to have everything.

next up, I stand too close to bloodseeker and we both suffer for it, I genuinely thought I'd be fine here because of the lane position but it's incredibly easy for veno and lifestealer to run us down, we showed a lack of respect to their lane here.

right after, I teleport back to lane and veno is pulling, so I try to pressure lifestealer with bloodseeker and..

he just runs me down until I die.

At this point I realise I need to stop dying, or we'll just lose.

In the other disruptor games, we dominated the lane, so I had to change my mindset, I basically made the decision that I wasn't going to engage if I didn't think I could run away without being hit by lifestealer.

bloodseeker dies here but I accepted once I cast my spells and lifestealer raged them off, so I didn't put myself in harms way to try and save him.

At this point, the lane is just over, they're too strong and we're in deep trouble, so I continue playing defensively.

11 minutes into the game and this has a stomp written all over it, every lane has lost. Somehow our mid jakiro could not defeat their lesh.

Keep in mind, of our two kills, one of them was from that really bad and stupid first blood.

This is the stuff of nightmares, outside of morph doing ok.

I am having a horrible horrible game.

Not even level 6 to take advantage of my broken ultimate, my items are basically nothing, so I make a decision on how I'm going to approach things, I set myself 3 priorities.

1. I am going to defend our middle tour by pushing the lane out and fighting anyone who tries to push it.
2. I am not going to die
3. I am going to stack as many jungle and triangle camps as I can.

also, I queue up a midas, which may seem like grief but the way I saw it, considering their team they don't really have anyone who jumps backlines.

so, I decided I would be a huge coward and also a gigachad by not getting a defensive item and instead shooting to take this game to lategame.

The thing that struck me so far for these games is that disruptor isn't really a midgame support, he really thrives in the lategame when he gets his aghs and with the current setup, I didn't see us winning unless we dragged poo poo out.

I stacked both of these camps, although we just lost our bottom t1 so it was risky.

So, mid tower is going to die here, that's for certain.

The last time they tried to push, pudge hooked veno and they all ran off out of fear of his masculinity but this time pudge hooked lesh and died instantly and I cast my spells and promptly.. ran away.

The tower dies so i shift priority number one to protect top t1, our last t1 and mid 2 while stacking triangle, at that point the only part of the map I consider us to "control" is the triangle, just because we have our t1 top.

I got a triple stack on the hard camp and ancients and now my jakiro is FEASTING, while I soak exp because it's 15 minutes and I genuinely am level 6.

but when he's done, I'm level 7.

there's a potential fight bot, I thankfully managed to push out the mid wave pretty easily all the way to their t2, so they have to react to that.

our jakiro is respawning and our morph respawned, so I tp down because it looks nice.

when I tp'd bot, pudge threw out a hook that missed and the enemy just... ran.

it was very bizzare and it struck me just how passive the enemy were playing, so I matched them by running mid and returning to.. stacking the triangle.

it's 19 minutes and things are still, really bad but they don't feel bad, we are quietly growing back into the game. When they should've overrun us they've just been... farming kind of awkwardly.

my jakiro is defending bottom and gets gone on but I am standing behind him.

You'll notice there's no dire cores here, the opposing supports are bored, they want to do SOMETHING.

and now they're in macropyre and disruptor ulti.

bloodseeker sees the juicy blood on display and bloodseeks all over them and right as both supports die, lifestealer just... walks up and dies as well.

abaddon runs in, gets hooked and when he tries to ulti+tp gets hit by morph's adaptation strike.

this is the kind of poo poo that happens that really shows just how swingy a game of dota is, this is a big loving throw.

and it's because the supports got bored.

now we're talking

oh yeah, pudge hooked lesh and I tried to help and we both died.

there's only one justification I have for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yyAgk9der4

Anyway, it happens.

so we're back to the point of the game where we should lose, we've been doing what we did before, stacking camps, defending towers.

This aeigis should be when it becomes really difficult.

this guy is getting ready to crush our souls and send us to hell.

only one problem, lifestealer is just one guy.

and this guy is very cautious, abbadon and venomancer try to go on us bot and both die pretty quickly to (literally all of our ults) and he tp's top and just... farms with his aegis.

that's the thing here about power in dota, all these items are meaningless unless you actually do something with them.

I do understand why dire is so cautious though, when you look at the radiant lineup, it's an incredible amount of poke and abilities that move you around, it's very hard to fight into hook and glimpse without having some people die.

but the game is only getting harder, radiant are farming up, playing safe.

I've really tried on disruptor to always make a habit of being behind one core, our bloodseeker with his aghs bloodstone is our frontliner, so he's ideal.

Lifestealer sees him farming a wave and decides to jump on him.

bloodseeker dies really fast, which makes sense, he was low hp.

The last time pudge hooked one of their incredibly farmed cores we both died horribly but this time it's right infront of our tower, so buying time is an option.

that's gotta sting.

on the bright side, he still has aeigis, there's no way we kill him again.

well, that's gotta hurt.

next up, we farm for a super long time again, and so I build my aghs pretty easily and then start working on guardian greaves.

it's 34 minutes in and now it's just a normal game but at this point I am assured of victory.

leshrac walks mid and just kind of dies.

some chainfeed later and we have the advantage.

after this, I'm not messing with you, we win pretty much every teamfight and just win the game.

I felt the midas and the camp stacking really pay off in this one, as well as just focusing my playstyle on letting the opponents make the mistakes.

now that's beautiful.

14 stacks, I should've probably gotten more tbh.

Anyway everyone, that's the update for this week, thanks for reading!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

JackSplater posted:

The most fun thing to do with disruptor is fountain glimpsing. Especially early game. If you see an enemy TP in, you have four seconds to hit them with glimpse and send them straight back to their base with the scroll on cooldown. I'd honestly say glimpse is his strongest ability just because of how much it fucks with enemy positioning.

oh, I take great delight in doing that, there's no worse feeling in the world than falling victim to it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Fat Samurai posted:

God help me, this thread is tempting me to actually start playing DOTA in 2024.

:sickos:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Alright, so I played ALOT more dota for this update, so here we go.

In general, while the results haven't been amazing, I have been feeling better about my overall play. I'm laning better, dying less and in general my games are decided by the weird stuff my teammates and opponents do rather than my own really bad mistakes.

The wraith king game will probably stand out, I attempted to help Hubris snap his loss streak and had a power outage while I was owning, condemning us to a loss.

I was hoping there was a gameplay update to go along with all the crownfall finery so I could do a big post about dota after major gameplay updates.

I've also been dipping my toes into other roles occassionally just to break things up a little bit.

I'm almost out of role queues so, my intention is to use them all playing pos 4 and then gather role queue tokens until the crownfall gameplay update comes our or I fill up on them again, whichever comes first.

After that, I'll be putting up another role based vote but probably locked to core.

This is a much much shorter update but life has been chaotic and the only game I'd like to look at with more detail is this Bristle one.

But it's a megacreep comeback where we hide in base for... genuinely 40 minutes so it's not that exciting.

There are some fun stats though.

bristle and zeus are always the most insane when it comes to damage numbers generally but it does always give me a kick to see just how wild they can get.

The matchmaker is certain I am a 2.522 MMR gamer, which makes sense, because I think I've generally been a 50% winrate type beat lately, you might think I'd despair at this but honestly coming back from a long break and maintaining your rank instead of losing it is actually quite rare.

I will also be playing alot of unranked to get my crownfall stuff sorted, naturally.

I'm also going to try and post my comm and behaviour scores regularly, to see if I'm becoming a toxic dota demon.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i applied static link to hubris MMR.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Welcome back everyone, this update should be a fun one.

We finished up the rest of our role queues and I found a hero I really, really like. This Zeus hero is... different as support at my MMR. I think it's because of a number of factors.

Let's look at the games in this pack.

This is the first game, we won and I played pretty good, didn't die alot.

That 33k damage is me, the person with more damage? our 15 kill drow ranger.

here's the second game, I have alot more deaths cause they had a PA.

here I am doing the most damage in the game.

We lost this game, partially cause our roles were incredibly weird even for an archon game buuuut.

the only person with more damage than me was the gyrocopter who was six slotted and owning.

this is the last one I want to highlight

I'm 15-2 as a pos 4.

15 minutes into the game my items look like this.

Part of me wants to highlight this cause honestly it just loving owns but it also made me realise something, people at my mmr genuinely cannot teamfight. They don't know how to prioritise killing the heroes that are actually murdering them and that's how I keep getting away with this.

With the change to BKB the only way to counter zeus is to just kill him and now that zeus has a built in escape mechanic and I learned how to play as a huge, incredible coward from all those disruptor games, I'm capable of affecting these games way, way too much as a hero that probably shouldn't be played support in most games.

Not only that, being able to deward/give vision for free is always a fantastic bonus in a bracket where people do not like to buy dust or sentries.

So, that was the end of my pos 4 role queue tokens, let's see how I get on playing all roles.

The crownfall update and it's consequences have been fantastic for my MMR. The omniknight game I lost was due to me, not playing well at all and the warlock was just a bizzare throw, the other games I just felt like my brain was computing above the level of most people in the game at this point.

I am pretty sure this is my peak MMR currently, I don't remember ever being this high before.

If I win one game I'll be archon 4, which is exciting but if I lose all this MMR, it just means you guys get to laugh at me in the next update.

I'll see you next time, I'll either be legend or something much funnier will happen

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

This week I was alot busier than I usually am, so I didn't get to play too much dota.

I kept my MMR mostly intact by winning 2 double down zeus games :smuggo:

I think the main takeaway I have from these all role games is that I really need to get into that solo gamer mentality again. Playing pos 4 and 5 will really ruin your brain when it comes to playing core because you forget to secure your own game, the centaur game I tried again and again to make stuff happen when I should've just gotten huge and then went from there.

I do intend to play way, way more dota this week, so this is just kind of a mini update to show I didn't die in the great kendrick lamar-drake beef of 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

we are SO back

this is my peak MMR ever, right before I lost that zeus game.

the two losses in this grouping of games were insane games that shouldn't have even gotten to that point.

this sniper game may be my most complete performance ever, I did pretty much everything right sans the death, they had a KOTL mid which turns out is a pretty good matchup for sniper, he focused on farming to gank and I just got huge and counter ganked all his moves, it was fantastic.

I realised this was so good by watching some BSJ, who is a big proponent of the sniper mid right now and it makes sense. He's a really strong hero in the right circumstances and at this MMR people are very bad at finding the guy at the back doing all the damage.

I'm feeling very confident in my play right now, alot of swagger even in hard games.

this one, was tough.

This was one of those games that just kept swinging but we thankfully swung it our way in the end, I do need to give some credit to my duertagonist, Ganja.

me and my boy did more damage than 2 of our cores and I did more damage than any of them, I will say that Ganja's feat is much much more impressive as witch doctor.

the lesson of this game is that we lost some lanes, our cores were downtrodden but the simple reality is if you win 1 or 2 highground fights in the current game you can turn any game on it's head completely.

the times this graph spikes north are a whole lot of times that me and ganja blew someone the gently caress up out of nowhere, times we survived in fights for far far too long and in general our ability to be annoying as hell.

those are some good wins, let me show you the most disgusting loss you're likely to see in a while.

This game would've made me 3k if we won, I doubled down and I truly believed that this was the one.

It wouldn't be but I don't feel bad about my performance, not really.

10 minutes in, in terms of mid battle, I'm winning pretty decisively. Not only am I named after a cooler celebrity, I have more gold, more levels and I even ganked!

in that first image, you may look at riki's kills and sumise that he was owning and we threw, let me be clear.

we didn't even throw this game.

We never really had a chance, no matter how hard we fought.

We fought in our base from around 30 minutes in and never escaped it regularly, we bought rapiers and got kills but we could never truly capitalise.

It was just one of those games.

I am taking alot of solace that even in the really cursed games where everything is going wrong, I'm still winning lanes and having big impacts, those two losses being so long is genuinely I believe due to my influence in making them into competitive contests rather than just pure stomps and winning games you shouldn't is the best way to gain MMR.

My conclusion for this week is that next week I will either be 3k and close to legend or I'll have learnt many things about my game and myself, win win.