Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

NtotheTC posted:

I'm voting for Offlane Bristleback, I play it a lot at Ancient and it's genuinely hilarious how few people know how to deal with it. You have the ability to be truly unstoppable and it's my favourite "actually I'm the carry" offlaner.

vanguard/mana boots early to sustain yourself whether you're laning or jungling then rush aghs then bloodstone then shard. by the point you get shard the combination of that + your aghs ability mean basically anyone on the enemy team dies if they get out of position and if the other team focuses you then you pop bloodstone and face away and laugh while collecting your free rampage.

further itemisation is just a heart, and then things to deal with whatever they buy to mess you up, usually this is silver edge so you just buy a windwaker and Taz away if this happens- the only way to deal with you then is also buying a nullifier and at that point theyve itemised way too hard just for the offlaner

(do not pick into viper or PA though)

I spam Hookwink at low MMR just because every game has a BB. I can get a good break on and lock him down long enough for my team to hopefully deal with him. For a while I'd go with Void/Silver Edge and just kite him, but I had so many games where everyone focuses him when he's not broken and turn him into a machine gun that kills all off us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I'm enjoying this immensely. I just started playing dota, (I've watched it for years, I'm 600 MMR atm ~ 150 Wins/300 games total. Maybe I can post my own thread and recap my decent into madness.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

420 Gank Mid posted:

I have been using the bastion announcer in dota for the last 6,000 games I've played over 10+ years and im still not tired of that voice.
Lol for not using Cave Johnson pack

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

TheFlyingLlama posted:

This patch techies is probably the top 4 because he's just a monstrous laner; you can die 15 times but if you keep that pos 1 unfed into minutes 15-20 you've probably won your team the game.

Hoodwink is also real good, solid dmg with long range if you have a lockdown 3 who can keep the other carry down. I also like spirit breaker as a 4, but he's mostly getting played as a 3 this patch

Hoodwink is free MMR at low ranks.

Wraith Band -> Wand -> Arcanes -> Glepnier -> Mek -> then Greeves or damage (I usually go either Crystlis or Butterfly depending)

You can farm risky waves from trees, just stay out of the fights and pepper in acorn shots, save bushwacks for counter initiation. If you get good at staying in the trees and minding position you can pump out tremendous damage, push, and give your team time to farm. Paired with a tanky initiating offlaner you can really wreck.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Trying to expand my hero pool I've been playing with Disruptor. Man my boy is so much fun to play. At low MMR no one knows to TP to lane and wait a few secs. I sent an NP back to fountain three times in a row.

I love how you basically just get your spells off and then die, who cares.

The build guides all suggest Arghs, but no one in low MMR gets BKB so I don't think it's worth it, last game I got aether and telescope and I was glimpsing people from my fountain.