Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shanghaied posted:

A long one.

AITA for not getting upset or convince the bride after I was uninvited to my friend’s wedding?

Some clarifications: the OP and Matthew were never romantically involved in any way, and the dress shopping was for Matthew's sister, not the fiancée.
So Jennifer got mad after seeing OP in the dress and deciding that she will look better than her at the wedding, right? That's got to be in the top ten most common types of stories

This thread has convinced me we need to ban wedding ceremonies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
If you ban weddings, only criminals will get married :smugdog:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

everyone keeps calling my stepdad sancho

Maybe your stepdad should stop following around that old man who hates windmills, then :colbert:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Kurieg posted:

AITAH for skipping my dad's retirement party because my mom asked me not to bring my son.

quote:

I would have kept my mouth shut if she had kept my name out of her mouth.

I love this expression and enjoy hearing it every time someone uses it.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

mystes posted:

So Jennifer got mad after seeing OP in the dress and deciding that she will look better than her at the wedding, right? That's got to be in the top ten most common types of stories

This thread has convinced me we need to ban wedding ceremonies

Who knows, redditors think that either Matthew mentioned to fiancée that he had a secret crush on OP in the past, or fiancée just feels that she has "won" after the engagement and doesn't have to be on best behaviour anymore, and is now picking off his female friends one by one, starting with the OP.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

the holy poopacy posted:

If you ban weddings, only criminals will get married :smugdog:

Finally, the straights can do crimes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shanghaied posted:

Who knows, redditors think that either Matthew mentioned to fiancée that he had a secret crush on OP in the past, or fiancée just feels that she has "won" after the engagement and doesn't have to be on best behaviour anymore, and is now picking off his female friends one by one, starting with the OP.

That sounds like a horror movie premise. It probably is one.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ominous Jazz posted:

dang out teenage daughter isn't getting enough social time. rather than work with her and the other special needs groups, why not foist her on her brother. clearly a gaggle of teenage boys will be an endless reservoir of patience and kindness.
parents bad, teenage son struggling and can't be the parent his won't.
The older brother is also neurodivergent, it's just less obvious so nobody gives a poo poo.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA For having my own secret honey stash?

quote:

Me 31 (M) and my partner 29 (F) have been living together for two years now. I like honey in my oatmeal. More specifically raw honey. Something about the flavor I just adore. So I always bought it even if it cost a bit more than regular.

But it just so happens apparently she decided this is "our" honey at one point last year. The little jar that used to last me two months went out in two weeks of her waffles. I wouldn't mind if we bought it together but I have to order it on amazon because no stores nearby sell the stuff.

I didn't want to seem like a cheapskate telling her to pay me for it so in february the next bottle I got I hid it in my desk where I usually take my breakfast. Yesterday she happen to caught me pouring it into the oatmeal.

She got upset saying it was childish not to share it at that we are adults.

But is not sharing if she is taking 80% of it and paying nothing for it.

Today she came demanding honey for her waffles and I told her "It is my honey" and like out of the bloody meme she went "OUR honey".

That started the discussion again.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Thread title nomination: Update. He's not mad at the moment. In fact he just came downstairs naked.

I think this one highlights how different people are about what they wear around the house. Some people are fully clothed all the time, some people wear 'house clothes' (like pajamas), some people wear just underwear, and another set actually go full-nude, and all groups seem to consider what the other ones do really weird. It's also something you don't know unless you talk about it, because the non-fully-clothed people usually put on normal clothes if they have guests over. It's always funny to read the surprise when people discover these different groups.

Also another linguistic quirk that usually adds to the surprise: some people who say 'naked' when they actually mean 'wearing only bottom underwear', so people who take 'naked' literally think of 'bare butt on the furniture' while others are like 'of course I have on panties/boxers, gross'.

EDIT:

Kurieg posted:

This is a good example of why I think you should live with someone before getting married. Whether it's 'our' honey or 'his' honey, and whether they should split the cost aren't really huge issues. But if you end up not being able to talk out something this minor, FFS don't get married then post six months later about how honey is destroying your new marriage.

Pantaloon Pontiff fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 30, 2024

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

Thread title nomination: Update. He's not mad at the moment. In fact he just came downstairs naked.

I think this one highlights how different people are about what they wear around the house. Some people are fully clothed all the time, some people wear 'house clothes' (like pajamas), some people wear just underwear, and another set actually go full-nude, and all groups seem to consider what the other ones do really weird. It's also something you don't know unless you talk about it, because the non-fully-clothed people usually put on normal clothes if they have guests over. It's always funny to read the surprise when people discover these different groups.

Also another linguistic quirk that usually adds to the surprise: some people who say 'naked' when they actually mean 'wearing only bottom underwear', so people who take 'naked' literally think of 'bare butt on the furniture' while others are like 'of course I have on panties/boxers, gross'.

I thought this was pretty funny too: I don't get it. 31/F just looking to get naked all the time. AITA?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Shardix posted:

I enjoy how the parents have not considered the fact that the friends are going to reply to an invite with a unanimous gently caress No.
It's weird how many adults seem to think that children are tactical assets that they can deploy to solve issues in their own social lives.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We're forcing you to hang out with your sister so surely other parents will force their kids to hang out with her too.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Kurieg posted:

On the one hand, "I have to order it on Amazon." What? How is that an excuse? Just order more honey next time from goddam Amazon. This is not hard!

On the other hand, how much loving waffles is this woman eating?

ESH.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I can only imagine she's using honey the way most people use Syrup, completely drenching the waffle until every square is filled.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wife Winnie the Pooh, so what?

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Just a title:

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

keep punching joe posted:

Wife Winnie the Pooh, so what?

I'm certain that there's some sort of joke about the wife being in the public domain, but I can't get the pieces to fit

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

I thought that was 21.

neither 21 nor 16 are prime

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Kurieg posted:

I can only imagine she's using honey the way most people use Syrup, completely drenching the waffle until every square is filled.

What do you think the little squares are for?

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

Kurieg posted:

Definitely NTA. If it was some generic clover or wildflower honey that would be one thing, but buying a specific type is a different beast. Hell, if someone ate my entire bottle of buckwheat honey I'd be pretty pissed (and surprised).

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

hawowanlawow posted:

everyone keeps calling my stepdad sancho

I don’t get along with my stepdad because every woman he meets is “the most beautiful castellana in the world” and he promises to go questing on behalf of each and every one AITA

Baron Zephyrus
Apr 17, 2018

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What do you think the little squares are for?

They're for holding wonderful bites of peanut butter/nutella, the peak topping(s) (either together or separately, depending on the type of waffle) for waffles. Or I'm just a heathen in denial because I don't really like using honey as a topping generally (love cooking with it though, maybe that redeems me).

Also I had a hell of a time catching back up; gave up on catching up on the old thread, but I've mostly enjoyed the new one so far! Glad to know that the trend of weddings bringing out the weirdest poo poo in people is still going strong.

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

This is a good example of why I think you should live with someone before getting married.

Agreed, my partner and I have an agreement that we're not even allowed to formally propose until we've cohabitated for a year. That and we need time to save up money for even the proposal(s), let alone a wedding. It's absolutely best to get these growing pains out of the way now when marriage is a "future goal" because it also is probably better on one's psyche. "We're working on building the foundation for a long-term relationship like a marriage" sort of thing, instead of going "oh poo poo, what did I get myself into?" every time a lifestyle difference comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Coffee Sludge posted:

Definitely NTA. If it was some generic clover or wildflower honey that would be one thing, but buying a specific type is a different beast. Hell, if someone ate my entire bottle of buckwheat honey I'd be pretty pissed (and surprised).

share the honey and buy more? or talk about the special honey? this is a fake problem