Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
As an addendum to "gonna put you in a home" daughter, her family does not know where she currently lives because the last time they did know she was robbed.

repeatedly.

by them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Oh then she shouldn't put them in a home so much as she should put them in.......

An acid vat

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Peg Sliderskew posted:

And when you turn tearfully to her parents, they just look confused and remark on how it's so strange that random things keep shrinking in this church.

I think the real prank opportunity, assuming he gets the stick out of his butt, is to do a swaparoo when the wedding cake is brought in and they can cut the new 3” cake together

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm *pretty sure* they mean the bit of umbilical cord that they leave attached to the babby that eventually dries up and falls off.

Yeah, the knot part that dries up and falls off after about a week or two.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

trickybiscuits posted:

Help! My Mother Kept a Haunting Memento From My Childhood.

What

Trade it to Bahamut for a promotion

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Kurieg posted:

As an addendum to "gonna put you in a home" daughter, her family does not know where she currently lives because the last time they did know she was robbed.

repeatedly.

by them.

Well...
2024-02-07 11:48:19 AITAH for refusing responsibility for spoiling the latest Ghibli movie to my Ghibli-loving brother?
2024-02-11 09:16:44 How do I make my husband actually respect our weight loss plans? He keeps assuring me he's 100% on board and motivated but constantly cheats
2024-02-27 04:29:19 How do I (28f) deal with my husband's (32m) snoring?
2024-03-02 03:26:30 AITAH for demanding that my roommate goes out a second time to buy me cough syrup?
2024-03-23 03:29:20 WIBTAH if I deposit cheques from years ago that my former employer expects will never be actually used?
2024-03-29 08:15:21 AITAH for telling my wife that her father would have been the world's fattest man in the 1700s?
2024-04-05 03:26:36 AITA for telling my(26m) mother(47f) than I do not grieve my late brother(28m)?
2024-04-07 01:53:40 How do I get a previous employer to re-instate my author page on their website? They took it down due to an accusation I have since legally proven false
2024-04-14 14:32:25 AITAH for dressing down my mother's romantic life and making her cry? She insisted on belittling my marriage first
2024-04-16 23:27:40 How do I (28f) overcome social anxiety? I am somewhat famous and countless people want to be my friends, but I am a total recluse. Just had panic attack after attempted gaming with "friends" (25m, 31f, 28m)
2024-04-25 14:36:01 AITAH for telling my mother I'd put her into a bad retirement home during my father's wake?

Their previous posts make me question the current one...

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I believe in OP (because I want to, it's fun)

AITA for not paying for the damage on my bosses new car?

quote:

So I work for a fairly large company, not a huge corporation. We have roughly 30 locations in our state. I was driving one of our box trucks and my boss was behind me. I went to back into a parking spot and didn’t see that he had pulled into it first and backed right into his brand new car.

The damages come out to like $1200 and he wants me to pay it out of pocket. I feel like he should file a claim with our companies insurance because I was on the clock and in a company vehicle, he disagrees.

AITA for refusing to pay the $1200 in damages?

quote:

He was driving behind me, I pulled forward to back into the spot and he pulled in before I could, he was too close to the rear of the truck (it’s a big box truck) — basically in a blind spot following me and then pulled in. I never saw him.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mx. posted:

I believe in OP (because I want to, it's fun)

AITA for not paying for the damage on my bosses new car?

Start looking for a new job kid, your boss is an idiot who now holds a grudge against you in particular

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Come to think of it, it probably wouldn't be hard to convince them that Charlie Morningstar is an official Disney Princess at least long enough for it to be funny.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Scathach posted:

Wait your bellybutton fell off

How do you think an outie becomes an innie?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Come to think of it, it probably wouldn't be hard to convince them that Charlie Morningstar is an official Disney Princess at least long enough for it to be funny.

I don’t know who this is, but I’m guessing they’re either literally Satan or carry a big iron ball with spikes on?
(or both)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Lone Badger posted:

I don’t know who this is, but I’m guessing they’re either literally Satan or carry a big iron ball with spikes on?
(or both)

To ruin the joke, Lucifer's daughter, basically the Disney Princess of Hell, rocks a crimson suit, star of one of those cartoons that everyone on Twitter is being extremely normal over.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

This post is low stakes, but the reactions to it are weird.

AITA? Standing up at a concert

quote:

I like to stand and dance at concerts. I have been to MANY concerts. It’s a hobby of mine and I have never been asked to sit down. I always choose seats where I know most in that section will be standing. I also alternate between standing and sitting for most concerts.

Tonight, I (34 female)was at a venue that I’ve been to plenty of times before and chose a section where I know everyone stands. (This is an arena, so yes there are seats, but it was close enough to the stage that people stand).

The concert just started and I am standing. So is my entire row and the row behind me, except for the 2 girls sitting directly behind me. The man (60ish man) in the row behind them reaches over them and SHOVES me and tells me to “sit the gently caress down.” I say no and turn back around. His wife had to literally hold him back.

Now like I said, I alternate between standing and sitting, so I eventually sat down. They had moved at that point though.

So AITA for standing with my entire row and row behind me (and most of the arena), at a concert?

OP explains that she specifically got tickets for an area where people usually dance, that nobody's been bothered by it before, and that most of the people there were also already standing. But the comments section is full of folks lining up to lecture her about how she's the rear end in a top hat because everyone should always sit if there are seats. And... Really?

Yeah, different concerts have different vibes, but I've been to far more arena shows where people danced in the close seats than ones where everybody sat the whole time. But even if you think that OP is the problem for going with the flow of the crowd and the usual standards of that venue, that doesn't make her the same level of rear end in a top hat as a man who cursed at and put his hands on her because he didn't like her behavior.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Sarah Silverman is a Disney princess.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Every time I catch up on this thread I feel slightly less awful about being single.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

Every time I catch up on this thread I feel slightly less awful about being single.

/r/relationship_advice: help! im in an abusive relationship with myself. no, i will not break up with me

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

emSparkly posted:

Someone should make a post on r/relationships that’s just the plot of Trapped in the Closet and see how many people fall for it. All the other parts have to come as update edits.

I'm just imagining stringing reddit along as to what exactly The Package entails for years and I can't stop cackling

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

deety posted:

OP explains that she specifically got tickets for an area where people usually dance, that nobody's been bothered by it before, and that most of the people there were also already standing. But the comments section is full of folks lining up to lecture her about how she's the rear end in a top hat because everyone should always sit if there are seats. And... Really?

Yeah, different concerts have different vibes, but I've been to far more arena shows where people danced in the close seats than ones where everybody sat the whole time. But even if you think that OP is the problem for going with the flow of the crowd and the usual standards of that venue, that doesn't make her the same level of rear end in a top hat as a man who cursed at and put his hands on her because he didn't like her behavior.

I feel like there’s a pretty likely chance of people dancing at most concerts that aren’t chamber music or something; if dancing in the seats makes someone mad then they should probably just stay away from live music.

I had a similar experience wrt seating but even dumber: MLB game, the home team I’m cheering for is winning, and the older guy behind me gets all cranky when I stand up to cheer while the home team pitches for the last out of the game. Like… what? You’re at a live ball game, that’s what you do for the last out! Suck it up and stand up for the two minutes it takes for the at-bat, sheesh

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

idiotsavant posted:

I feel like there’s a pretty likely chance of people dancing at most concerts that aren’t chamber music or something; if dancing in the seats makes someone mad then they should probably just stay away from live music.

Frankly, not even chamber music, things get really riotous at the Last Night of the Proms at the Albert Hall, there were folk there basically pogoing to Verdi when I was there last year.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ban the wave!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

idiotsavant posted:

I had a similar experience wrt seating but even dumber: MLB game, the home team I’m cheering for is winning, and the older guy behind me gets all cranky when I stand up to cheer while the home team pitches for the last out of the game. Like… what? You’re at a live ball game, that’s what you do for the last out! Suck it up and stand up for the two minutes it takes for the at-bat, sheesh

The atmosphere at American sports stadiums honestly seems so dead. I went to a test cricket match that's 8 hours long (including lunch and tea breaks, naturally) and that managed to keep a lively atmosphere going for the entire time even though most of the day was taken up by a small South African man batting defensively.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh my god, can you imagine going to a concert with your husband and he loving shoves a woman? What the hell

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

deety posted:

Nothing ruins a good concert faster than being made to feel like you have to apologize for taking up space. There's a special place in hell for people like that rear end in a top hat and it has an obstructed view.

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITAH for throwing out my SIL and her family.
UPDATE AITAH for throwing out my SIL and her family

quote:

Quick update.

Yesterday my driveway looked like a scene from some Mexican standoff. They were out there discussing the matter while I refused to go out and engage. After two hours, yes two whole hours they left. They are curretnly at my in laws, but they made a promise to return to discuss the matter tomorrow as everyone will be home from work and that way we could all find a workable solution. Well, at least that is what my husband relayed.

When my huband got inside I told him that I would not have them in my house. I told him that he could clean up after them. Which he did. After cleaning up he asked me why I made him do that. I told him I was just as grossed out over other people's bodily fluids as he was, and unlike him I wasn't biologically related to them. So if he found it unsavory, imagine how lovely I felt in the past cleaning up after them. He promised to buy a new bin and bleached the sink three times.

Our strategy for tomorrow is that under no circumstances are they coming to live with us. His niece will be made to clean up the bathroom shampoo and conditioner mess. He left that part for her. In the meantime our daughter can use our shower.

We'll see how this turns out tomorrow.

Good for OP having her husband clean up after them. Brings home how disgusting they were being in a way he can't ignore.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

From the story I am either missing it or she is doing a bad job of describing how messy they were being. The only concrete things I'm understanding:

1) Used tampon in trash can, but right at the top and not wrapped in tp and buried
2) Tampon of unclear whether it is used or not next to bathroom sink. I lean towards unused because you would really have to go out of your way otherwise
3) Some amount of soap and/or shampoo stuck in either tub or sink? Really not understanding what kind of mess she's referring to here

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord

John Wick of Dogs posted:

From the story I am either missing it or she is doing a bad job of describing how messy they were being. The only concrete things I'm understanding:

1) Used tampon in trash can, but right at the top and not wrapped in tp and buried
2) Tampon of unclear whether it is used or not next to bathroom sink. I lean towards unused because you would really have to go out of your way otherwise
3) Some amount of soap and/or shampoo stuck in either tub or sink? Really not understanding what kind of mess she's referring to here

1)

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Similar things happened in the past where she would leave her sanitary towels on top of the bin lid in the bathroom instead of in the bin.

2) OP's husband bleaching the sink 3 times would indicate otherwise.
3) Did you also miss the sister's husband leaving the kitchen a mess?

caterpillaropera fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 26, 2024

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

She definitely said that they were putting their bloody period products on top of the lid of the bin instead of opening it and putting it inside. She said the whole family did similar with kitchen trash too, just tossing their used food in the general direction of the trash but not necessarily getting it inside it.

e: fb

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've been around those "Eh, good enough" people when it comes to trash bins. It's even worse when you can actually see the brief moment they feel bad and think they should correct it, but then they just say gently caress it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

*yeets garbage trashward*

Ennhh... Well you get what I was going for, there.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
That's insane. If someone threw trash on my kitchen floor once that's a lifetime of "if I see you were going to fist fight".

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

me watching my cat take her food out of the food bowl and eat it off the kitchen floor

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
I mean I think the OP was perfectly reasonable when she threw SIL and family out, but lmao at bleaching the sink three times. Yes it's disgusting to leave used menstrual products out in the open, but also get a hold of yourself lol.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mean, people bleach their assholes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Am I the bleached rear end in a top hat?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Am I the bleached rear end in a top hat?

If you even have to ask...

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I mean, people bleach their assholes.

Not three times in a row though.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Most Power Alex posted:

Fun fact: It is entirely possible to make your own gom jabbar pain box. For the pain box look up how to perform the thermal grill illusion. For the Gom Jabbar just coat a regular needle in cyanide and presto, your ready to start testing people's humanity.

Yeah my kids made a home-made pain box out of a cardboard box and a kitten.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
A flag that is not just red, but some kind of glowing neon red.

AITAH for blocking her bc on the first date she wanted to “chime in on my therapy”?

quote:

So first date with this girl wasn’t going well on my end. She seemed to really like me tho so I was trying to end the date. She wanted to come over to my house and I said no bc I had therapy and the date needed to end. Her response to that was “oh I’ll just go with you and chime in.”

And I was like HUH? Chime in on my therapy?!

And she was so dead serious just like yah it’ll help I can like talk to your therapist

And that wasn’t even the weirdest thing she did / said the whole day.

So after that I blocked her and ghosted her and she had been spamming me trying to get an explanation and stuff and I just ignored it. Is that bad ??? Idk it just freaked me out so much I don’t wanna talk to her at all is that valid ????
That's a hell of an ask on a first date. God on OP for noping the hell out of this mess.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

FMguru posted:

AITAH for blocking her bc on the first date she wanted to “chime in on my therapy”?

Lol :wtc:
I thought it was going to be a secondhand "I have Opinions on therapy which I am going to share now" thing, which would already be terrible enough in that situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's chime time.