Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
A story about an entitled mooch:

AITA for kicking out my roomate’s friend

quote:

I (F20) recently had to kick out my roommate’s friend because she kept coming over unannounced and uninvited. To give some back story my high school friend and I ( also F20) have been living in the same apt. Together for the last year and a half, weve had several roomates over that time but the last are who this incluudes, abby and lee. I dont care when people come over, abby has movie nights quite often and lee usually has her boyfriend over, and im not at the apt. Often anyways because of school or work. the way our complex works is four girls to two rooms so its me and my roommate in one room and then abby and lee in the other room, ever since lee moved in she has made friends with a girl that lives across the way named ashley, and she quickly made herself at home, at first it was subtle, ashley would just open the door instead of knocking when she came over, and then she started coming over to grab something for lee like a volleyball or something when they were bot out doing something together. (why lee couldnt just come get it was beyond me, this happened several times) 

There have been multiple times where ashley will just get into our fridge/ pantry and just takes lees food when theyre over, one time she used an entire ketchup bottle by herself and lee said “hey your gonna have to replace that” and ashley asked why Another time abby (lees roommate) was in their room working on a paper mache project with friends for school, when ashley walked into her room unannounced, and lee wasnt there, she looked at abby and said in a judgemental and concerned tone, “what are you guys doing” to wich abby replied “working on a school project, what are you doing in my room” to which ashley just left. 

I never said anything because it never really effected me until The other day when i got back from work and walked into my apartment to find ashley in our kitchen eating my leftovers, by no means am i scrounging for money and couldnt buy myself food but on terms of respect, what the hell , i looked around and realized no one else was home, ashley just walked into our house and started eating someones food At first i wasnt sure what was happening so i asked “is lee here?” to which she replied “no shes camping, i dont think anyones here” I kinnda just stood there before telling her to get the gently caress out, that she didnt live here and was not welcome to be here unless lee was here also She said i was being dramatic and didnt need to act like a bitch

I started locking the door everytime i leave or get home no matter who is/ isnt in the apt. Yesterday ashley came over when i knew lee wasnt home, i just opened the door said “were you invited over?” and when she said no shut the door I told some work colleagues and some sidded with me while others did not, i figured what better way to figure out if i was too harsh than ask random people on the internet.

Plus this absolutely unhinged moocher in the comments:

quote:

This brings back memories. The exact same phenomenon in my first apartment. I got pizza once a week, ate half and put the rest in the fridge. Every week the leftovers disappeared entirely and I would bug my roommates who denied eating it. Once day I came home and the annoying friend of one of the roommates who often showed up, the same ways as in your story, was on the couch with no one there eating my pizza.

The poo poo hit the fan. I demanded that last piece he didn't eat yet back. He yelled that it was partially eaten. Livid, I grabbed it and threw it in across to the kitchen trash and missed landing on the floor. He yelled about wasting food. I yelled that it is my &^%$%# food to waste. I threw him out and he vowed revenge. That poo poo and his coming over when no one was there came to a screeching halt when I laid down the law to the roommates. No revenge occurred and he got banned if no one was there and rarely showed up since.

Your work colleagues that that didn't side with you? They are idiots. I suggest you get lee and the other roommates to lay down the law as well.

loving wild. Some people just think everything belongs to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

So does this Ashley have a key or something? Because if she does it’s wild, and if she doesn’t and they just keep leaving the entire place unlocked that’s even wilder.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Fezz posted:

A story about an entitled mooch:

AITA for kicking out my roomate’s friend

Plus this absolutely unhinged moocher in the comments:

loving wild. Some people just think everything belongs to them.

Kramer

Red Oktober posted:

So does this Ashley have a key or something? Because if she does it’s wild, and if she doesn’t and they just keep leaving the entire place unlocked that’s even wilder.

They mention starting to lock the doors to keep her out

mystes
May 31, 2006

Red Oktober posted:

Based on "I started locking the door everytime i leave or get home no matter who is/ isnt in the apt" maybe they were locking it when there was nobody there but leaving it unlocked as long as at least one person was there?

But in that case for her to be there when nobody else was around I guess that would mean she was coming in when there was someone else there and they were just letting her stay there when leaving?

mystes fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 27, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Cythereal posted:

A friend (24M) of mine (23M) apparently lied and told someone we slept together. Now everyone is congratulating me for coming out of the closet, and they think I am just lying because I am ashamed when I tell them I am not gay. The guy who lied refuses to tell the truth.

Going theory is that the guy lied about them having sex to cover for the doing cocaine thing.

Solution: don't go do coke and "hang out" at your apartment for an hour with guys you "sort of know" from the bar. If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, everyone's gonna think it's a duck, dumbass

mystes
May 31, 2006

idiotsavant posted:

Solution: don't go do coke and "hang out" at your apartment for an hour with guys you "sort of know" from the bar. If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, everyone's gonna think it's a duck, dumbass
So your take is that if someone comes to your apartment it's okay for you to falsely tell everyone that you had sex with them and/or nonconsensually out them?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

idiotsavant posted:

Seriously?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

idiotsavant posted:

lol what the gently caress is this

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I would just do the coke and then Eiffel Tower the sexy gaming PC they were both so into.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Reddit stories involving apartment locks always weird me out with how open everyone leaves their places. I remember multiple unrelated stories involving people randomly entering someone's apartment, and the discussion goes "well have you tried locking the door?" "no, I don't want to do that"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Desert Bus posted:

I would just do the coke and then Eiffel Tower the sexy gaming PC they were both so into.

It had an Ocelot 3000RTX!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

idiotsavant posted:

Based on this I can only assume you’re into duck dick.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Coke: the drug for gay people only

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

kru posted:

Coke: the drug for gay people only

Same with the soda.

atomicdream
Oct 4, 2017

shaking my money maker to fund my crippling glamour addiction.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

r/relationships: your immediate presence is worth about four grapes and a cheese cube

I learned this week that sometimes toddlers will cry even when you pick them up from day care because they suddenly remember that you weren't there and they actually did miss you all day.

atomicdream fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 27, 2024

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008

Cythereal posted:

A friend (24M) of mine (23M) apparently lied and told someone we slept together. Now everyone is congratulating me for coming out of the closet, and they think I am just lying because I am ashamed when I tell them I am not gay. The guy who lied refuses to tell the truth.

Going theory is that the guy lied about them having sex to cover for the doing cocaine thing.

Well since obviously everyone believes you had sex, everyone should also take your at your word when you talk about how bad George is at giving blowjobs.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Reddit stories involving apartment locks always weird me out with how open everyone leaves their places. I remember multiple unrelated stories involving people randomly entering someone's apartment, and the discussion goes "well have you tried locking the door?" "no, I don't want to do that"

First apartment I had with a friend, we would forget to lock the door at night occasionally. Then one morning I woke up and there was a guy standing at the door to my room, he was incredibly drunk and could barely say who he was looking for, I told him this was the wrong place and he stumbled out. He got outside the building and passed out in the yard between buildings and was there until his friends found him.

We made sure the door was locked from then on.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

What about keeping a lock of hair FROM a bellybutton? yes I have a story involving this

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't know whether to use :justpost: or commission :justdontpost:

Scathach posted:

How the hell you gonna say this and not
:justpost:

For fucks sake I'm at home sick as a dog and I can't listen to music to do the art/writing thing because my head is throbbing. I plead for entertainment. I have been so bored.

I'm not 100% sure if I should tell the story here or not cuz it's kinda gross. I've mentioned it in other threads before and nobody seemed to mind, although it's still gross to me.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CitizenKain posted:

First apartment I had with a friend, we would forget to lock the door at night occasionally. Then one morning I woke up and there was a guy standing at the door to my room, he was incredibly drunk and could barely say who he was looking for, I told him this was the wrong place and he stumbled out. He got outside the building and passed out in the yard between buildings and was there until his friends found him.

We made sure the door was locked from then on.

One night while I was moving into my first student apartment, I forgot to lock the door and went into my room for a couple of hours to watch TV. When I came back out I found about $300 worth of random stuff had been stolen from the kitchen and living room area. No idea how that happened since my bedroom door was closed and locked, but I've been extra careful to keep all of my doors locked ever since.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm not 100% sure if I should tell the story here or not cuz it's kinda gross. I've mentioned it in other threads before and nobody seemed to mind, although it's still gross to me.

specifically and entirely because you didn't just tell it and you're jerking us around, i no longer want to hear anything about it. don't post about how you're not going to post.

mystes
May 31, 2006

InediblePenguin posted:

specifically and entirely because you didn't just tell it and you're jerking us around, i no longer want to hear anything about it. don't post about how you're not going to post.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3903776&pagenumber=2&perpage=40&post500002971#post500002971

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
The MBTI subreddits, especially the INTJ one have some of the most bonkers off the wall poo poo I've ever read.

My wife divorced me and I don't feel anything. Is that normal?

quote:

For context, I'll admit I haven't been the most present husband. My mind has often been far more engaged with things that make sense to me and I ended up ignoring the emotional needs of my wife. It wasn't intentional I just had a plan and dedicated myself wholly to it for the benefit of our family even if I knew the short term repercussions were an emotional disconnect from my partner. Around October of 2022 she gave me her ring saying she is done, in October I moved out and in January our divorce was finalized. The problem is I don't feel anything emotional. The only feeling I have is a sense of failure because my plan did not go according to my expectations and I can't stop beating myself over it. Has any of you been through this and what did you do to fix it?

The plan? Forex daytrading

mystes
May 31, 2006

Beached Whale posted:

The MBTI subreddits, especially the INTJ one have some of the most bonkers off the wall poo poo I've ever read.

My wife divorced me and I don't feel anything. Is that normal?

The plan? Forex daytrading
That person posted this in a comment a year ago and honestly it seems like this outcome was inevitable based on it:

quote:

My wife believes am difficult as well, the problem I personally always have is am not the best communicator yet I make these elaborate plans in my head where I tend to account for almost every variable so when she doesn't get it am frustrated especially when she expects me make certain consessions because to me every part of the plan is as significant as the entire plan put together and making that adjustment means scrapping the whole plan and starting from scratch.

Edit: wait I didn't pay attention to the dates: "Around October of 2022 she gave me her ring saying she is done, in October I moved out and in January our divorce was finalized."

I'm not sure which January the divorce was finalized in but I'm slightly confused because I initially assumed OP just got divorced but did they actually get divorced in January 2023 and the previous comment was from around that point?

It's one thing to say "I got divorced in January 2024 and I'm not feeling anything (yet)" but if OP got divorced in January 2023 and still isn't feeling anything I'm kind of thinking they didn't actually care about the marriage at all except as some sort of "plan" they had made

mystes fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 27, 2024

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

mystes posted:

That person posted this in a comment a year ago and honestly it seems like this outcome was inevitable based on it:

Edit: wait I didn't pay attention to the dates: "Around October of 2022 she gave me her ring saying she is done, in October I moved out and in January our divorce was finalized."

I'm not sure which January the divorce was finalized in but I'm slightly confused because I initially assumed OP just got divorced but did they actually get divorced in January 2023 and the previous comment was from around that point?

It's one thing to say "I got divorced in January 2024 and I'm not feeling anything (yet)" but if OP got divorced in January 2023 and still isn't feeling anything I'm kind of thinking they didn't actually care about the marriage at all except as some sort of "plan" they had made

He's not the best communicator, let's cut him some slack on small details like "when I got divorced with my wife".

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Yeah that's basically it. It was gross as gently caress. :barf:

What I didn't mention in that post is that I saved the hair in a plastic bag because I thought a doctor might need to see it or get a swab from it to figure out what the gently caress was wrong with me, but in the end they never ended up needing it.

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.

Cythereal posted:

Me [27 F] with my ex fiance [29 M] of 5 years, he is the father, wants our relationship back but I don't know...

Not that it's impossible, but why would he have gotten a sperm count done prior to trying to conceive? Did he have some sort of event that made him or his doctors question his fertility? Did he go even farther and get a sperm quality test and find out that they're slow prior to making this baby? The "I forgot to tell you I'm infertile" part of the storyline begets a lot of questions.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

compshateme85 posted:

Not that it's impossible, but why would he have gotten a sperm count done prior to trying to conceive? Did he have some sort of event that made him or his doctors question his fertility? Did he go even farther and get a sperm quality test and find out that they're slow prior to making this baby? The "I forgot to tell you I'm infertile" part of the storyline begets a lot of questions.

Maybe he went to donate sperm and they told him then? Is that a thing they do?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

If not the only other thing I can think of is that he already tried to have a kid in a previous relationship

But regardless, there's no real justification for him not having told OP if she was talking about having kids, and if he had this situation would likely not have occurred because rather than informing him she was pregnant this way she would have been like "I'm pregnant but I don't understand how" and then they probably would have talked to a doctor or, I don't know, spent 2 seconds googling and found out that infertility usually isn't an all or nothing thing

mystes fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 27, 2024

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

mystes posted:

quote:

My wife believes am difficult as well, the problem I personally always have is am not the best communicator yet I make these elaborate plans in my head where I tend to account for almost every variable so when she doesn't get it am frustrated especially when she expects me make certain consessions because to me every part of the plan is as significant as the entire plan put together and making that adjustment means scrapping the whole plan and starting from scratch.

I account for almost every variable, except for my wife thinking that my plan is dumb as poo poo.

Also lmao that's one hell of a sentence lol.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Are there other MBTI communities? 'Cause you only ever hear about the INTJ one, and oh dear, you'd have a hard time finding a more wretched hive of Dunning-Krueger effect on the Internet.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Shanghaied posted:

I account for almost every variable, except for my wife thinking that my plan is dumb as poo poo.

Also lmao that's one hell of a sentence lol.
Other people have feelings, opinions, and agency?

Beep boop, warning warning, variable not recognized, does not compute.

Solution: Ignore unrecognized variable and continue with plan.

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.

Fil5000 posted:

I think it would have to be, as they would test count and motility. Low-motile sperm can still test normal for count, so her statement that they were slow but not stationary indicates that the count was at least average? So if he had done an over-the-counter sperm count test, that would have been normal and he would have had no reason to think he was infertile.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Shanghaied posted:

Are there other MBTI communities? 'Cause you only ever hear about the INTJ one, and oh dear, you'd have a hard time finding a more wretched hive of Dunning-Krueger effect on the Internet.

Looks like there's an INTP subreddit, which iirc is the other category dudes will continuously re-take the personality quiz to try to get. Top thread right now:

As intp is it normal to have sad and serious face?

quote:

I'm frequently hear people tell me I have sad face when I feel neutral, my mind just too loud and disconnected from present.

mystes
May 31, 2006

The INTJ OP has made another great comment

quote:

I guess you can put it down to getting married before you have all your affairs in order. You don't get many choices. It's either, a good provider, good husband, or good father. In my position, I couldn't have it all. Maybe I chose wrong, but at the time, all the facts suggested a good provider to be the most rational choice.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

mystes posted:

The INTJ OP has made another great comment

Was your ex-wife's feelings and opinions one of these "facts" that you considered?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I (37M) accidentally got into bed with my (64M) father in law

quote:

My father in law is staying with us for a few days. We gave him our room while he's here, it's bigger and we just felt it's the right thing to do.

Last night he went to bed and my wife and I were downstairs watching TV and drinking. She went up a while later too and I said I'd be up soon. I was getting pretty tipsy at this point.

As I went upstairs, sleepiness and my tipsy state meant I forgot that my FIL was in our room. I entered the room and got naked which is how I sleep. I saw a figure curled up in bed and got next to it, wrapping my arms around what I thought was my wife to see if she was up to sex. He's a light sleeper and turned around immediately saying "Chris???"

Oh my loving God. I jumped out and fell to the floor. It was dark and for some reason I decided to get dressed there rather than just run to the guest room where my wife was. I stumbled over my clothes and somehow got them back on. By this time, he'd got the table lamp on and was just looking at me with a wtf expression.

I said sorry and went to my wife. I didn't wake her. I've just got up this morning and am typing this in bed with a massive hangover and a father in law who I tried to spoon probably talking poo poo about me to my wife downstairs.

I have to go downstairs at some point. Any idea what to do or how to address it?

TL;DR: Was drunk and got into bed with my FIL. now I'm embarrassed af

Are gay porn storylines as lousy with stepfamily stuff as straight porn is, I wonder?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I'm sorry, but there's no take-backs. You have to gently caress him now.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

The Bramble posted:

I (37M) accidentally got into bed with my (64M) father in law

Are gay porn storylines as lousy with stepfamily stuff as straight porn is, I wonder?

Followup post: I (37M) accidentally got stuck naked in the dryer while my (64M) father in law did laundry

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

that is 100% a one-handed post if I have ever seen one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

what the everlovin gently caress