Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Yeah she blocked him after he tried to call her, like, if my partner said I have to go to hospital I'd probably call even if it was about balls. And he's only a five minute walk from the club? She had every opportunity to clarify but just assumed his balls was out to ruin her night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

artsy fartsy posted:

Why would you sit on the bowl, that's where all the pubes end up 😬

Oh but here's one we can argue about. Personally, if I was out drinking and got a text from my partner that "I need to go to the hospital because my balls hurt" I would also not take him seriously. Almost any other phrasing would get my attention, but not that

WIBTA for dumping my girlfriend after she ignored my calls and messages and went clubbing while I was undergoing emergency surgery.

Testicular torsion is srs bsns. There's a whole venture bros episode about it!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mutantIke posted:

Testicular torsion is srs bsns. There's a whole venture bros episode about it!

He’s just lucky he wasn’t being attacked by the dreaded candiru

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Kitfox88 posted:

If it was a single message sure, but I would not completely ignore further attempts to reach me after a single misunderstood texts. Don't need a reason to end a relationship and whatnot but in no world is this dude in the wrong.

I'll give the GF a lot of credit for being there when OP woke up and for staying with him for the two-day stay.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

artsy fartsy posted:

Oh but here's one we can argue about. Personally, if I was out drinking and got a text from my partner that "I need to go to the hospital because my balls hurt" I would also not take him seriously. Almost any other phrasing would get my attention, but not that

WIBTA for dumping my girlfriend after she ignored my calls and messages and went clubbing while I was undergoing emergency surgery.

Would you also not pick up any calls and call back, and block his number too?

Cause thats like super uncaring of the gf to not even try to learn more when she realized she missed bunch of calls

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

haveblue posted:

He’s just lucky he wasn’t being attacked by the dreaded candiru

It's not in the text that he's NOT being attacked by the dreaded candiru. He very well could be.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

The story is fake anyway. OP couldn't have testicular torsion; Rusty should have fixed that in future batches of OP

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

One of the comments says something along the lines of “if I called my girlfriend and my number was blocked, I’d assume I was single and move on with my life accordingly” and I think that just about sums it up

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slobhI2HXhA
I just love the eyes reading the prompter and the stiff delivery.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Testicular torsion just a ticking time bomb, could happen to anyone any time

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Regarding the whole toilet thing, I am a queer cismale. I started sitting down to urinate a long time ago and I have never understood the opposition. In my own place, someone I know, someone that has invited me to their place for the first time, etc. If nothing else it means you don’t have to deal with the lawn sprinkler bullshit and you can just wash your hands and move on.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for saying to my grandmother “I thought you used a stove for years do you not know how to use it”

quote:

My stove wouldn’t turn on so I went to my grandmother to ask for help and she went on a 5 minute talk about how incompetent I am for not knowing how to use the stove and said to me “you’ve lived here for years do you not know how a stove works.” She then tried to turn it on and when it wouldn’t turn on I said to her “you’ve been alive for years do you not how a stove works” and so my mother came to me and said “you shouldn’t disrespect your grandmother when she is trying to help”. I have had problems with my grandmother for years because all she does is act like she is the only one that matters. This pushed me to my limit.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I’ve seen a few people who sit directly on the bowl, not all of them were big. I don’t know why they did it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, sorry, I meant on the seat. I remember once being drunk and falling into a toilet that had both the lid and seat up and thinking I had shattered my pelvis.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mx. posted:

AITA for saying to my grandmother “I thought you used a stove for years do you not know how to use it”

lol

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Regarding the whole toilet thing, I am a queer cismale. I started sitting down to urinate a long time ago and I have never understood the opposition. In my own place, someone I know, someone that has invited me to their place for the first time, etc. If nothing else it means you don’t have to deal with the lawn sprinkler bullshit and you can just wash your hands and move on.

Do you park your rear end right on the porcelain rim, though?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Batterypowered7 posted:

Do you park your rear end right on the porcelain rim, though?

Yeah, sorry, I meant on the seat. I remember once being drunk and falling into a toilet that had both the lid and seat up and thinking I had shattered my pelvis.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

Mx. posted:

:owned: but also maybe don’t ask grandma for help anymore

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You could ask grandma for help regarding toilet etiquette.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

AceClown posted:

that's because a 2 hour drive in the UK is very very different from a 2 hour drive in the US.

we don't have straight line interstate highways, it's all A roads and small towns and villages unless you're going in a very specific north south direction and can use the M1

I'd love someone from the US to drive like from Derby to Manchester, a 2 hour journey, and then back up that they'd be happy to do that both ways many times over.

This post would make 100x more sense if people had said "oh its just 100 miles away" instead of "a two hour drive"

What is so uniquely terrible about middle England that isn't even worse in Ohio or Western PA

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

You could ask grandma for help regarding toilet etiquette.

Maybe that’s why the stove wont work

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

DemoneeHo posted:

Would you also not pick up any calls and call back, and block his number too?

Cause thats like super uncaring of the gf to not even try to learn more when she realized she missed bunch of calls

I'd like to say no, but sometimes when I drink I get stuck in a thought loop, and if that thought was "this motherfucker is loving with me and thinks he soooo funny" then I might.

I don't think she's uncaring, based on how she acted after she came home and realized that his balls did, indeed, hurt.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

420 Gank Mid posted:

This post would make 100x more sense if people had said "oh its just 100 miles away" instead of "a two hour drive"

What is so uniquely terrible about middle England that isn't even worse in Ohio or Western PA

Seriously, the drive to visit my grandparents is nothing but backroads and small town winding roads, I hate it but I still do it. Or, well, did it when I had a car.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

420 Gank Mid posted:

I googled maps’d Derby to Manchester and there’s a lot of turns and roundabouts, there’s only like 3 stretches that are over 8 miles with the longest being 14, so you’re basically having to make a turn every couple minutes. Sounds pretty annoying actually when compared to just driving for a couple hours on an interstate, but probably isn’t really that bad. There’s roundabouts!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

AceClown posted:

that's because a 2 hour drive in the UK is very very different from a 2 hour drive in the US.

we don't have straight line interstate highways, it's all A roads and small towns and villages unless you're going in a very specific north south direction and can use the M1

I'd love someone from the US to drive like from Derby to Manchester, a 2 hour journey, and then back up that they'd be happy to do that both ways many times over.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I can't personally speak to what it's like to drive in the UK. I just end up talking with a bunch of people over there since the company I work for is half in the UK and half in the US. I hope I can visit sooner than later and spend some time out there and see the sights.

One of my favorite stories of people from England coming to the US was hearing about this couple that was like "Yeah, we're flying into New York for a week. We figure we'll drive to Disney World one of the days, maybe the Grand Canyon if we have time."

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I googled maps’d Derby to Manchester and there’s a lot of turns and roundabouts, there’s only like 3 stretches that are over 8 miles with the longest being 14, so you’re basically having to make a turn every couple minutes. Sounds pretty annoying actually when compared to just driving for a couple hours on an interstate, but probably isn’t really that bad. There’s roundabouts!

That sounds exactly like driving in any rural part of the developed world though!!!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Being in a car for more than like an hour is torture, the Europeans are correct

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
When my wife and I were living in the the San Francisco area, we wanted to look at apartments in Los Angeles before we moved. So we got up early, drove to LA, looked at apartments and had lunch, and then drove back home. About 5-6 hours each way. You all are weak!

mystes
May 31, 2006

AceClown posted:

Driving sucks so I can imagine how you might think that Americans' willingness to drive insane distances must be due to driving in the US somehow being less unpleasant than driving in the UK, but I think you're underestimating how much americans are simply used to spending absurd amounts of time driving.

Like, people will drive ~20 hours / ~1,300 miles from Massachusetts to Florida for vacations.

mystes fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 24, 2024

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

mystes posted:

Driving sucks so I can imagine how you might think that Americans' willingness to drive insane distances must be due to driving in the US somehow being less unpleasant than driving in the UK, but I think you're underestimating how much americans are simply used to spending absurd amounts of time driving.

Like, people will drive ~20 hours / ~1,300 miles from Massachusetts to Florida for vacations.

I just drove to the middle of Texas from Northern California a few weeks ago for the eclipse, and back a week later. Roughly 1700 miles one way, or 2740 km in furriner speak. I mean I spread it out over three days, but it was still a bunch of driving.

Point is, I found it to be out of the ordinary, but not ridiculous, and I don't understand why Europeans are so bothered with driving long distances. And yeah the UK is one thing, but France and Spain (and OBVIOUSLY Germany) have real nice highways, basically empty because people can't afford the gasoline, and it's just about the same experience as driving US interstates.

edit: for comparison, that one-way distance is about 70 miles less than Paris to Moscow.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Germany does in fact not have nice highways.

We have construction every few KM, potholes and decaying infrastructure.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Germany does in fact not have nice highways.

We have construction every few KM, potholes and decaying infrastructure.

This is not true because I have been informed Germany at some point in the past when NOTHING ELSE WAS GOING ON DO NOT ASK WHY OR WHO WAS IN CHARGE built the best highways and now you can go 300 mph on them and the point is don't loving ruin this for me I have to believe that there's something better in this world than our shittastic crumbling interstates, that there is a shining golden driving nirvana where I can see the needle on the speedometer actually go past half.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

I'm a straight dude and I will always sit at other people's places. Sometimes the piss just decides it's going to start at 90° from the tip and I ain't gonna deal with that.

Otoh, when you're outside, being able to whip your dick out and start blasting piss into the void is one of the absolute perks of male genitalia.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Point is, I found it to be out of the ordinary, but not ridiculous, and I don't understand why Europeans are so bothered with driving long distances. And yeah the UK is one thing, but France and Spain (and OBVIOUSLY Germany) have real nice highways, basically empty because people can't afford the gasoline, and it's just about the same experience as driving US interstates.

I’d imagine they’re bothered by driving long distances because trips of that length are generally done by train there, the far superior method of regional travel

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

SyNack Sassimov posted:

you can go 300 mph on them and the point is don't loving ruin this for me I have to believe that there's something better in this world than our shittastic crumbling interstates, that there is a shining golden driving nirvana where I can see the needle on the speedometer actually go past half.

For about 30 seconds until you hit the next Construction or Radar Trap or shake your car apart.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I’d imagine they’re bothered by driving long distances because trips of that length are generally done by train there, the far superior method of regional travel

You'll get absolutely no argument from me but America's too stupid to spend the money on high speed rail and so unless you want the trip to BE the vacation (which is valid, I do intend to take the Pacific coast train at some point), you're stuck with driving here.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

For about 30 seconds until you hit the next Construction or Radar Trap or shake your car apart.

My dream is ruined.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

AceClown posted:

just like how people from New York City are convinced that bodegas are so special that nobody in the rest of the country has ever seen a convenience store and cannot conceive of 'em, people from the UK are convinced that they're the only people in the world where the roads are rural and annoying to drive on. Do you think all of america is just straight line interstate highways with no small towns or villages? my dude you are misconceiving. People drive in Boston ffs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've driven on way more than my fair share of terrible rural US roads, but my impression from visiting England was that they have a lot of rural roads that are an even more special level of hell in terms of drivability. I can't confirm that, though, because it convinced me to give up on any plans to drive, I took buses and trains everywhere instead.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I would rather drive the two hours on those small roads than the 2 hour trip to Los Angeles on the 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's two hours to Los Angeles, from Los Angeles.