Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

ApplesandOranges posted:

The fact that reduction guy’s wife found his post, read it out loud to him, and he posted his update using the same account (where she could easily read it) spills it over into fanfiction bait territory for me. Or pure, undistilled obliviousness.

The fake posters get too eager and update too quickly afterwards so they can capitalize on things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

AITA trying to contact my ex about our dog's health insurance after he asked me to stop contacting him?

quote:

My ex and I recently got divorced. We had a dog together (Gus), but in the divorce I got to keep him. Last weekend, Gus got really sick and started throwing a ton. I rushed him to the vet for treatment and called my ex for the first time in months. He had told me that if anything happened to Gus, to reach out and he'd help. Well, I called him to check on the details of the Gus's health insurance because it was through his work (he got a $5 discount each month). He told me that Gus was insured and to send him the bills and he'd file the claims online. Also, it was my ex's birthday that day by pure coincidence. I didn't want to contact him on his birthday, but I had no choice! I needed to figure out the health insurance so I could know how much of the bill would be covered before paying thousands of dollars.

Turned out Gus had pancreatitis, nothing too serious with treatment. I spent about $1500 in vet bills that day. After paying everything under the assumption that insurance would ultimately pay $900 of the bill and I'd only pay $600, my ex texted me to never contact him again because "he needed space" and that talking to me was "too painful." I told him, okay I'll stop messaging you but just give me the insurance login so I can file the claim or transfer ownership of the policy to me (as my name was not on the insurance policy, I have no access to it at all unless he transfers the account to me, authorizes me, or gives me the login information).

He refused. Every time I kept messaging him, asking him to do one of those two things, he kept turning it around on me and telling me that I was being selfish and disrespectful by ignoring his boundaries, that Gus isn't his problem and since I got to keep him, I have to pay his bills. So now I have to not only pay all the bills and follow-up care, but I have to get a new policy and with how insurance works in the US, Gus will no longer be covered for future issues related to pancreatits or his skin allergies, because those are now considering "pre-existing conditions." 🙄

Well, I kept bugging him for days. I offered to pay him $200 to make the transfer. I threatened to message his sister and see if she would talk sense into him and he claimed that "I nearly gave his mom a stroke" because of the whole divorce so to not message his family. I requested he attend mediation with me so we could handle the issue, and he said he could meet with me in JUNE (this happened mid March) which will give him plenty of time to cancel the policy, I'm sure. I considered getting a court order to attend mediation with me but that'd cost $300. He kept refusing to help me, so I kept pushing and texting him and trying to call him, despite his requests to leave him alone. The $1500 vet bill is whatever. It sucks but I'll pay whatever I have to to keep my baby boy healthy. I'm just furious that this will make me get a new policy and that if more of the same issues come up, it won't be covered when it SHOULD BE. He just needs to transfer the policy (that he was still paying btw) to me.

I'm sure I'm not the rear end in a top hat but my ex clearly seems to think I am, so I came here to open the question. AITA?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
AITA for refusing to stop driving and sell my car despite my boyfriend asking me to do so?

quote:

I (26F) recently got into a small car accident (which was not my fault). which resulted in an argument with my bf who insists I should stop driving and that I should take public transit. Public transit is ok in our city but I still like having a car and the freedom it gives me. Unfortunately, in the 3 years we have been together I have had 3 car accidents that were my fault and a 4th that wasn't, however I'm actually decent and confident while driving outside of these incidents and I plan on being a lot more careful moving forward.

I just feel like I got a little unlucky, I have zero non accident related tickets while he does.

The first one was literally the day I purchased a new to me used car on the first drive back home. The floormat the previous owner had installed was not great and woolly and it caught the heel of my shoe while I hit the gas and I could not brake or release it in time and rear ended someone. Obviously I was not expecting the floormat to be so bad and I changed it now and have been fine since.

The second one was in a parking lot, where I was backing over a bit of snow and the car was stuck and accelerated a little too hard to free it and backed into another car causing no damage to either vehicle.

The third was when I was reverse parking into a spot and there was a speed bump right in front of the spot and as I moved forward while turning to adjust the angle my foot slipped off the brake as the car was going over the speed bump and then I accidentally hit the gas and drove into a parked car.

The last one was because, a spare tire came off a vehicle in front of me and I stopped suddenly and the car behind me rear ended.

I understand this is not the best but he also had one accident that was his fault and far more near misses than I have ever had while I was in the car with him. Obviously I am going to be more careful but these really were one of things and I the most recent one was not even my fault. I have never damaged his car and have always paid for any damages caused either myself or via insurance.

Edit: since people seem to have a problem with my footwear.

I wasn't wearing heels for the 2nd and 3rd accident so only had one where I was wearing them and at fault.

I wear them regularly but the last accident was literally not my fault and I was in heels and braked very promptly and the first was addressed by changing the floormat.

Obviously there are some shoes I do not drive in and change into something else if I do not have a good and stable feel of the pedals or find the shoes uncomfortable and this applies to some flats too.

I can drive in heels as long as they have a flat part in the front of the shoe as that is what makes contact with the pedals anyway and have straps, a bit like these https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81KsPKWJYSL._AC_SY695_.jpg

Across three years, this woman has somehow managed to make her foot slip three times, causing her to hit a parked car every time. :stonk:

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

DoubleNegative posted:

AITA for refusing to stop driving and sell my car despite my boyfriend asking me to do so?

Across three years, this woman has somehow managed to make her foot slip three times, causing her to hit a parked car every time. :stonk:

Some people should just not be allowed to drive. I wish cities and towns were designed in a way that would make it easier to take someone's driving privileges away

My cousin failed his final driving test 15 times before he passed. He should not be on the road.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

DoubleNegative posted:

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Nbd, two parked cars is one of the smallest numbers of parked cars to hit!

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for telling a parent at a youth hockey game to STFU
"I told her to go gently caress her hat"

Yup they're Canadian.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Hey, if that little old dancing man doesn't turn you on, I don't know what will

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Does anyone have the wolf girlfriend story? The one where the guy shows up for his date and there’s a wolf staring him down in the living room?

I have done a bunch of googling and can’t find it. That couple lives rent free in my head :shibe:

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Zoesdare posted:

Does anyone have the wolf girlfriend story? The one where the guy shows up for his date and there’s a wolf staring him down in the living room?

I have done a bunch of googling and can’t find it. That couple lives rent free in my head :shibe:

First date was interesting to say the least

quote:

I am 30m and I had a date with 30F.

We met online and I initiated a date to a local restaurant. Today she texted me and told me she was having car trouble so either I could pick her up or we would reschedule. I had already made the reservations so I just figured I'd pick her up. Though I was surprised that she would trust me like that so quick because I don't even trust people like that to know where I live when I don't know them for real.

She sent me the address and it was out in the sticks. The drive out there was a little creepy. I hadn't seen even the slightest sign of civilization in miles I'm talking backwoods like they probably filmed a horror movie here middle of nowhere.

So I finally pull up and her place has a fence around it that looks like the jurassic park fence. First thought what kind of job do you have to have to build a fence that tall? ( she is a veterinarian BTW, I asked) Second thought what is she trying to keep in there?

So gate opens and I go through and down a dirt road for like half a mile and finally pull up to a house that is pretty normal looking. The yard looks pretty normal. I saw some dog toys and she has a vegetable garden. Lots of flowers so I'm thinking okay maybe this is alright. Fence thing is a little overkill but whatever. She asks me to come in a minute while she grabs her stuff and there were 3 whole rear end wolves laying on the drat couch. WOLVES!!!!

One growled at me and she ( while putting on an ear ring) yelled Charlotte Anne we do not growl at the guests. SHE YELLED AT A WOLF!! and it just sat down but kept staring at me.

So I'm already like what in the actual gently caress did I get myself into and if I run I know that that thing will catch me so be cool, be cool.

Anyway we went on the date as scheduled and she was a blast. It was the best date I've ever been on and I want to see her again but she has loving wolves on her drat couch. How the gently caress do you even get a wolf? I don't think you can get that at an animal shelter. Idk.

I want to see her again she is awesome but I'm feeling pretty inadequate. Also the whole wolf thing.

Advice?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I feel like I remember a similar one where the bf/gf had an eagle that would just hang out inside and for whatever reason this was a problem for the OP

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I’m a great driver other than all these at-fault accidents, most of which involved me flooring it into a parked car

Sex Farm posted:

Some people should just not be allowed to drive. I wish cities and towns were designed in a way that would make it easier to take someone's driving privileges away

My cousin failed his final driving test 15 times before he passed. He should not be on the road.

Agreed, but OP even says public transit in their city is “okay” (probably astoundingly good by American standards) and they just prefer the “freedom” that their car gives them

Gotta keep my freedom to keep slamming my car into stationary objects

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Reiche posted:

I feel like I remember a similar one where the bf/gf had an eagle that would just hang out inside and for whatever reason this was a problem for the OP

My [23f] new bf [27m] of 3 months is either a disney character, crazy, or a liar.

quote:

Theres no non-awkward way to say this, my bf has an eagle living at his house. The first time I went over he warned me not to freak out because it might be inside the house when we walked in. I thought he was joking because people don't really own birds like that, but he told me it was real and he doesn't really own it, that it comes and goes as it pleases and is more of a "friend".

He leaves the window open all the time because it likes to come inside. He's not worried about people breaking in because he lives out in the country and the bird is very territorial. He said he's trained it to not mess up his house or go to the bathroom inside.

I think he's freaking nuts. The bird is huge, like 3 feet tall, and he has to use gloves to handle it because it's claws are sharp. I think it's incredibly dangerous, but he said he's been "friends" with the bird since he was 10. That he just started feeding it one day and it would hang around him. His parents tried to get it to go away but it lived on their roof, eventually they just accepted it.

The bird makes me very uncomfortable. When I'm over at his place it just sort of stares at me, my bf says it's ok because it can tell he likes me. That it's no more dangerous than a dog. He jokingly said "if it wanted to attack you, it would have already", which did NOT help.

The whole thing just seems so weird, I feel like he has to be lying about something. His parents tell the same story he does though. At the very least it seems crazy to keep the bird around, or to let it in the house. Am I over-reacting? Is this a deal breaker or should I just learn to deal with it? My bf is great otherwise.

tl;dr: My bf has an eagle as a "friend" and let's it come into the house. Is this dangerous? Is this crazy or a deal breaker?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Reiche posted:

And that OP's name?

Donald J. Trump :911:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

wheatpuppy posted:

My [23f] new bf [27m] of 3 months is either a disney character, crazy, or a liar.

Thanks! I love how the family just accepts it like it’s no big deal

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

wheatpuppy posted:

Thank you. That makes me smile.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Mordiceius posted:

:siren: NEW UPDATE :siren:

(Update) AITAH for divorcing my wife for getting a reduction?

ugh, i hope this is an exercise in trolling or something cause this guy is a huge piece of emotional abusing poo poo

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

wheatpuppy posted:

If this guy doesn’t like her I’ll take her, she sounds rad

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
You are allowed to divorce for any reason, but do go on with it and dont give your wife false hope that you might accept her small boobs one day when you're not

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
In his update he said she offered to get breast augmentation. Even if the first couple were really this is just someone trying to redeem themselves in the eyes of the internet while typing one handed.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

hawowanlawow posted:

dude has a problem with forfeiting and then cites chess, people forfeit chess games on the reg

If you think about it, stopping at checkmate is technically forfeiting - they don't let you take the king.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The Alchemist posted:

You are allowed to divorce for any reason, but do go on with it and dont give your wife false hope that you might accept her three wolves one day when you're not

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

If the boob one is true, the guy is also a dickhead for focusing so much on how it didn't turn out the way she wanted it to, did it? Is her life better than before? Was it all worth it?

Like, gently caress you, dude. She thought it would be a positive change for her, and maybe it would've been if her husband had been supportive instead of being a stupid petulant dick about it and making her feel ugly and hideous and shameful.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Hey, if that little old dancing man doesn't turn you on, I don't know what will

Our objections are to his fashion sense, not to his groove

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Sex Farm posted:

Nah gently caress that woman into the sun. Canadian hockey parents are the loving WORST of all sports parents. There should be absolutely 0 tolerance for parents yelling anything at any time during any sports game

Edit: I wish to clarify something I said in this post. I do not wish that the angry hockey mom would literally be "hosed into the sun". Obviously this would be a terrible thing to happen to her, and a frankly unwarranted escalation of the situation.

I was using a bit of hyperbole to bitterly complain about hockey parents, and angry sports parents in general, who ruin the love of sports for so many talented children across the globe.

My nephews youth football (soccer) team usually has the older teenaged kids reffing for them and they have the power to red card anyone in the grounds and kick them out and hooo boy do they use that power

so fuckin funny seeing a 15yr old kick a grown adult out the park and them having to do the slow walk to the car while everyone else laughs at them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

So much whiplash in this post where I expected obvious abuse from the boyfriend but now Im angry he isn't doing more to stop this maniac

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Sex Farm posted:

The fake posters get too eager and update too quickly afterwards so they can capitalize on things

An update post about the party who ‘wronged’ the op coming crawling back in having found the post and begging for his forgiveness, she regrets everything she did to wrong him and it turns out his narrative was entirely justified right down to his interpretation of her motives and reasons (where she’s foolish and emotional and had no good reasons versus his logical manbrain reasoning) in a way that disproves anyone from the last post who told him he was wrong. She tries to make it up to him sexually but he refutes it because he’s above that and no longer wants her (always much to her regret), and it ends with him being magnanimous and above it all - oh and independently wealthy enough not to care about a car or money, can’t forget that. If it’s not wealth right now, it’d be a promotion for all his hard unappreciated work or a sudden inheritance down the track.

It ticks all the obvious incel / ragebait posts down to the pretty obvious next update hooks like “it turns out she just wants my money after losing her job”. They always go with the update too fast when it’s a hit.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for telling a parent at a youth hockey game to STFU

SOME KIND OF ICE HAT REF gently caress SHOW?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Boyfriend's [25M] watch kink has me [25F] feeling uncomfortable. What should I do?

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years and for the most part it's been a happy relationship. Within the past year or so though, things have taken a weird turn. It all started one day when he told me I should start wearing old watches, because he found it sexy. I didn't want to judge him because he went along with my food kink (celery up rear end, etc), so I started wearing them occasionally. I would catch him looking at it during sex but I didn't mind. It then evolved to him saying before he climaxed, "What time is it, what time is it?" I would say "cum time" and then he would ejaculate over my wrist/watch. This continued for some time and at first I thought it was cute. But then it kept progressing.
Another time we were heading to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. I decided to wear a watch that day to look more formal. It's a pretty long drive to their house, so I figured my boyfriend would nap along the way. I didn't hear a peep from him in a while, so I looked over at the passenger seat, and he was jacking off under his blanket looking directly at my watch. I tried yelling his name, but he was almost in a trance. That was the last time I wore a watch in public. All day at my parent's house he was saying "tick, tock" in a seductive way. He later started doing that whenever he wanted sex.
On his birthday, per his request, I wore 4 watches up my arm during sex. He ejaculated in seconds.
Now I'm not a prude by any means, but this kink has taken over his life. I've tried sitting down to talk with him about it, but he always says "I am who I am, I can't help it". I told him recently it makes me a little uncomfortable, and he's said he'll try to wind it down.
Then there was yesterday. Again, I was over at my parent's house with him. He was sitting on the side couch while my mom and I were having a conversation. I looked over at him and he had a full hard-on, you couldn't miss it. I think my mom saw it too. I didn't know why he was so turned on, but I then I saw what he was looking at - the clock on the wall.
I really love this guy but I don't know if I can go along with this kink anymore. It might be time to end this relationship. Thoughts?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Defiance Industries posted:

Boyfriend's [25M] watch kink has me [25F] feeling uncomfortable. What should I do?

Did a watch write this?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
He should be put on a watch list :dadjoke:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

(celery up rear end, etc)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You have a very strange definition of 'feeding'.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
AITA for being mad my bf won't make noodles the way I like

quote:

Okay this sounds dumb, but hear me out. I have always been a picky eater especially when it comes to tomatoes. Ever since I was a kid my dad would make my spaghetti different from the rest of the house. I like having an essence of the sauce flavor on the noodles but not the overpowering flavor having noodles bathed in sauce creates. So, here's where it gets a bit odd, my dad would separate my spaghetti from the families after putting the sauce on and then would rinse the sauce off with the sink and strainer. I love noodles like this as it is a nice subtle tomato vibe given to the mild spaghetti.

My (20) boyfriend (26) has known about this since we first started dating. He always told me my food habits were cute. We have been dating for almost three years now and moved in together at the beginning of the pandemic so we could be in lock down together. Ever since we moved in together he insisted on taking charge of cooking and all cooking related tasks (dishes, grocery shopping, etc) and he assigned me the role of cleaning the bulk of the apartment. We split other tasks pretty much 50-50 too.

Everything was perfect and he always SEEMED so be making noodles the way I liked them when we had them. This was until last week when we last had spaghetti. We ate and everything was good but afterwards he started teasing my saying things like, "you really like your pasta with an 'essence' of tomato" and "how was your tomato 'essence' babe?" Always using finger quotes around the word essence. After a few comments I felt something was off and asked him if he had done anything differently with tonight's noodles than he usually does and he started laughing. When he finally stopped laughing he told me the whole truth while smirking. He said "I didn't do anything different than I USUALLY do. I have never been making it the way you have requested".

Apparently the entire time we've been living together he's just been skipping the pasta sauce on my noodles entirely! He claimed that if I didn't notice for this long then it shouldn't matter that he is making dinner in a way that is easier for him. I disagree entirely. I think the lying was a huge breach of trust and so was the refusal to make dinner how I wanted. I have admittedly been acting passive aggressively to him since, but he thinks he did nothing wrong, that I'm overreacting, and that I need to let it go. AITA?

Edit: My bf found the post and is not happy, I'm debating pouring the sauce directly down the drain to spite him

Edit 2: So a lot has happened since this morning. Y'all may be happy to hear we broke up. We had a huge blowup fight since he found the post which led to me breaking up with him. He did not like being called a predator and I started to think y'all had a point about that so I ended up breaking up with him. He attempted to plead with me a bit, my parents pay our rent so he can't afford the place without me, but I wouldn't budge.

Now some things I found out in the argument: First, he is not a pharmacist like he always told me, he just works at cvs. Second, he has actually cheated on me multiple times with other girls that go to my college. And lastly, and worst of all, he has never actually been allergic to dogs and just doesn't like them.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

quote:

and he's said he'll try to wind it down.

Come on!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

r/relationships: celery up rear end, etc

mystes
May 31, 2006

The Alchemist posted:

AITA for being mad my bf won't make noodles the way I like
She probably went on to create the air up water bottle

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

mystes posted:

She probably went on to create the air up water bottle

Head flavor consultant for Lacroix water.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Knormal posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Knormal posted: