Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Troublemaker posted:

Sub Guy goes to college!

AITA for taking the last flank steak during lunch in university?

Dare I ask how many oz each flank steak was?

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

AnoHito posted:

It sounds like it was a buffet kind of deal, in which case the pieces were probably smaller strips/slices of a steak, and not a full sized one.

Yes but even 4x4oz steaks is a 16oz steak which is a pretty big piece of meat so I think you see where I'm going with this

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
lmao @ PP

great hill there to die on champ

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

metachronos posted:

Hasn't this been posted before?

I'm sure I remember this but it may not have been from this thread

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I still want to know what was upstairs that was so important/private/embarrassing

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

It's wild to me that plantations aren't seen in the same extremely dark and evil light as like concentration camps or SS headquarter buildings are in europe. I guess because the US never really did any sort of purging of pro-slavery culture.

And because a small but significant portion of the US population yearns for those times

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Cruise ships are a blight in many ways, especially environmental, and I judge people that go on them. I don't say anything on social media to people I know that post about going on them, but you better believe I'm judging them harshly.

It's the bottom of the barrel, lowest effort and engagement possible "tourism".

"Cruise ship tourists" are the most widely despised visitors of almost any place cruise ships make port, and for good reason.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

But they're not all QR code only and the vast majority of restaurants that have QR code menus have regular menus as well, or at least a menu visible at the front. There is not a grand conspiracy to keep homeless people from eating in restaurants via QR codes

Yeah this, a lot of the restaurants in my area have QR code stuff but they all have physical menus if you ask for them.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
No you're thinking of Fightman

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

They're not synonymous. Compare:

"I was gifted a set of commemorative dishes."

"I was given Chlamydia."

"I was gifted Chlamydia."

"I was given a set of commemorative dishes."

Yeah it's about the level of gratitude. I think.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
When "they" were teens is, uh, literally not possible.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Entorwellian posted:

The buried lede was that the "cousin" was a long-time family friend. It took me a re-read to catch that.

I'm referring to this line in the final update:

quote:

he fingered her in the treehouse when they were like teens

Literal best case scenario here is 18/26

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Upgrade posted:

Actually you are a dumb gently caress if you think a post about an animal dying is entertainment that should be shared with people on SA.
I know this is hard to comprehend but the parts of the post that were entertaining weren't the parts about the aunt killing the fish.

It was the other parts.

Hope that helps.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I wonder if stories about going fishing count

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

wheatpuppy posted:

Where is the sprezzatura? Must they all look so pained?

If they want to get into the club? Yes, they must.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Did I miss something explicit, because there was nothing in there that gave me the impression the kid was neurodiverse, just sounded like a normal bright 11 year old

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
"I'm getting too old to be picky"
-A man who definitely needs to reproduce

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I don't have Slate Plus so I can't see the whole article but lmao:

We Left Our Child With His Grandpa and a Teenage Babysitter. I Wish I Didn’t Have to Say the Rest.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

quote:

David is completely unapologetic, and has said directly to me that he’s a 73-year-old widower and he doesn’t think he’ll ever get a chance like that again.
Well he's not wrong.

Can't say I'd do anything different in that situation lmao

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
r/relationships: Apparently, they find this 'gross' and 'kind of dodgy'

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I mean poo poo I'd mock him too, wife sounds hot

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
My favorite part of that story is what a spineless loser Mike is.

He didn't even dump his terrible friend long term.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
You silly people, 18 hours is easy, just take a very, very strong weed edible beforehand

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I hope yearning professor can get with insanely hot student then!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Yep. All she'll have to do is tell the new wife exactly what the dad has said to her.

That marriage will be over.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm NTA for dude in this story. I think I'd be on his side even without the note. At a certain point I think you lose the right to get mad about someone having sex if you do not want to have sex with them. "Stay sexually faithful to me, I will never have sex with you again" is an unfair demand. The answer, of course, is divorce.

100% this. Absurd demands don't get to be honored.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Yeah no she should not have more kids. She's bored with her existing ones since they aren't babies anymore.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

She wants a little girl like her friends have.

Like I said she's bored with her existing kids and wants a new baby. Wonder what would happen if she got another boy?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Honestly I can't decide if dad is a crazy racist or is Black and doesn't want any old time names in the family from the times of slavery.

Either way what the entire gently caress.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

HookedOnChthonics posted:

No don’t tell him!! Straights trying to guess queer terminology from assumptions and half-understood media references is my favorite

I. M. Gei, please tell us what you imagine a ‘circuit gay’ is or does, also ‘gold star lesbian’ :allears:

The second one is easy, that's a lesbian who has lost a family member in military combat.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Otters is definitely a term gay men use, I have heard facebook friends use it to refer to themselves on numerous occasions.

Pandas and giraffes though? Uh...

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Aita for buying a “cheap” wedding dress for my wedding

:lol: this is the kind of story I love

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I'm trying to imagine how that dude won't end up homeless eventually if he's so against learning anything on his own.

Or dead from self-caused health issues because nobody told him you shouldn't eat that mushroom, or eat only chicken nuggets for every meal

"I'm against all forms of self-improvement. Other people need to slowly walk me through every improvement I can make in my life. I just won't remember if I try to improve on my own!" :lol:

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 4, 2024

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
After those two posts, massive :lol:s at the people projecting their own experiences onto this useless moron

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Laundry talk: is everyone aware that if you leave wet clothes in the washer too long before drying them, you're going to smell like dried piss to other people when you wear them? My wife calls it "sour laundry stench" and three adult men she works with regularly have that lovely aroma of amplified body odor.

I hate that smell and judge otherwise put-together people that smell like that. It's super gross.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

blackmet posted:

That is a perfectly valid reason to not want a beehive in the backyard.

It would be, like, number 46 on my list after concerns about the dog getting stung, me getting stung, our friends and neighbors getting stung, the buzzing sounds, the inability to feel comfortable using my backyard, etc.

I'd consider it to be up there with scat play on the "are you really, really, really, really, really, really REALLY sure" scale.

You should be ashamed to be this ignorant of honeybees, or are you and your pets and neighbors just completely incapable of not going up to bees and loving with them until they sting you?

Do you not know the difference between them and yellowjackets or hornets?!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Barudak posted:

Ive only ever been stung by honeybees, once immediately following an adult saying "they dont sting for no reason!"
Sounds like you gave the bee a reason.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
If someone started asking me about high school in a professional interview--for Canonical no less, I genuinely would not be able to stop laughing in the interviewers face and saying things like "tell me you peaked in high school without telling me you peaked in high school"

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

Nobody was debating. Everyone ITT was calling her an rear end in a top hat and talking about how awesome bees are. The only exception was the poster who originally posted the story.

No there was one dude in here who thought honey bees are scary and a safety hazard to the baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

AITA for helping my landlord renovate his home to a rent decrease instead of going home and helping my wife?
He is getting ripped off hilariously here.

Less than $3.90/hr :lol:

Dude is ruining his relationship with his wife and neglecting both her and his kids for under $4/hour. Holy loving poo poo what an idiot

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 5, 2024