Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

WIBTA for asking the staff at my gym to stop someone from recording classes?

quote:

My gym has daily group exercise classes that I’ve recently joined. In the two weeks I’ve been here, one regular stands out the most. She regularly abandons the workout pick up her phone and record the class.

Everyone else in class.

She’ll weave through everyone and pan from different angles, record the instructor and everyone else going through the motions. If any of us make eye contact, she just smiles and shrugs. “It’s for Insta and the Viber group,” she’ll say. She does this for every class, no matter what it is — yoga, zumba, boxing, spin class. A person asked her to stop once, and all she did was move the camera so they wouldn’t be filmed. An instructor for a different class did the same recently, and she just kept going (still not working out).

I’ve never been good at confrontation, but I really want this to stop. I hate being recorded and honestly, it irks me that in a class of people working on their health and fitness, there’s one person farming us for content. I’m afraid of being brushed off if I talk to her about it, so I’m considering going full child with a toddler sibling and telling on her to the gym staff. I know it’s a low blow, but it’s all I can think of doing right now that won’t involve throwing her phone into the nearest river.

I don’t even know if telling on her will do anything about the situation, really. It feels really immature, but I just want someone with some ability to enforce rules to make her stop.

I can understand someone recording themselves to check their form, but this sounds way over the top, especially with the different angles thing. Why is that necessary? And why hasn't she been kicked out?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Gosh, how could this guy possibly be an rear end in a top hat?

AITA for making the Age of Empires 2 'new villager' sound when my wife gave birth to our first child?

quote:

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.

Just over a week ago, my wife gave birth to our first child. I got called about it during work and rushed to the hospital to be with her during the labour. It was obviously a very stressful time, as it took more than 15 hours from start to the end, but finally our little one was born and was healthy.

I was in the room for nearly the entire time (other than briefly heading out for food, toilet etc), holding her hand and being the 'punching bag' as she swore during certain times during the worst of it. As it was getting towards the end, just as the head was coming out (and it all happened very quickly from then), more medical staff came into the room and I am someone who gets nervous around lots of people. I think because of that nervousness, I was talking a bit more, introducing myself to the new people coming in, making jokes (saying I hope it's not a bad omen that the weather is so bad, because a thunderstorm had started outside that we could hear) and then when our baby finally came out fully, at that second, I made the Age Of Empires 2 'new villager' sound ("Shhhh hoooh") as a joke, but I think only my wife understood the reference (as the doctor and nurses gave no reaction) and the look she gave me could have sunk a thousand ships, she looked so so angry, before then seeing our little one and finally smiling (but didn't look at me for about half an hour, and even then she was really annoyed for the rest of the day).

Anyway, I thought it was a joke that went down badly in a moment of high anxiety, but my wife has twice in the past week told me that I ruined a moment that she hoped would be one of the best in her life. I've apologised both times, but she has this look I've not seen before, something beyond disappointment. It's really put a downer on the past nine days of what I thought would be our happiest time together, after what was obviously a very stressful time (for her mostly, of course).

AITA?

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Husband destroyed our toilet and refuses to stop using it and fix it

quote:

Sorry if this is TMI, but me (34f) and my husband (37m) have been together 6 years. Let’s just say he’s very tolerant of messes and has no limits to how gross something is.

We rent an apartment with 2 bathrooms, a guest and master bathroom.

He has absolutely destroyed the toilet in our master bathroom. To start, about a year ago he installed a bidet that doesn’t fit right and now the toilet seat doesn’t stay on, I’ve fallen off of this toilet so many times and have even hit my head on the vanity next to the toilet. I’ve asked him multiple times to fix it and he just says it doesn’t bother him so he doesn’t care and that I should be more careful when I sit. I’ve told him I’m going to remove the bidet then so the toilet seat can get installed properly and we can pick a bidet that’s more compatible with our toilet and he told me I’m not allowed to touch it and he refuses to pay for the things needed for me to replace it.

He also shaves his beard hair over the toilet and doesn’t clean it, so it looks like theres pubes all over the toilet. I got him a bib that attaches to the mirror he can use to catch the hair, but he said it’s too much work to use?

I’m sorry if this next part is TMI, but he gets a lot of stomach issues which I’m sympathetic to, but even with the bidet he goes through almost a roll of high end toilet paper a day, clogs the toilet then many times is “too busy to fix it because he’s rushing somewhere” so I end up unclogging it.

Well this time he truly clogged this toilet, he even tried to snake it and he couldn’t get it unclogged. I’ve asked him to please call maintenance in our building to unclog it on his day off since I haven’t been home, and on principle I want him to do something for himself for once (I’m also so embarrassed to call and have to be the one there when they come)I have a lot on my plate right now between work and personal life and could use some help. He just keeps saying “I will” and it’s been a few weeks now.

Even worse, he keeps using this toilet because it “still flushes” but it doesn’t fully drain the water nor refills properly, I’ve told him to stop using the toilet until someone can come fix it. But he keeps using this toilet even with his stomach problems and won’t clean it, it’s has his stool, urine, toilet paper, beard hair, and I don’t mind using the other bathroom, but our master bathroom is more convenient (esp at night) and it’s nice to have 2 toilets incase he’s occupied for a while with one

I truly don’t know how to approach this situation, I’ve tried asking nicely, I’ve tried being stern, do I just take off the bidet and call maintenance myself? Or do I just let this toilet explode with literal poo poo?

TLDR: husband clogged/broke our toilet and keeps using it, and he won’t fix it. Do I give in and fix it?

Edit: the toilet is unclogged and I took the toilet seat away since it’s safer than a sliding toilet seat for me. Either he fixes it and cleans it or there’s no toilet seat. I have no way to lock him out of the other bathroom (it’s a rental and they have really weird door knobs that I don’t know how to uninstall). He’s super pissed at me now for taking off the toilet seat, and is only using the guest bathroom now even though I’ve asked him not to because I deserve a clean bathroom away from his disgustingness, and he’s been yelling at me and cursing at me. I told him all he needs to do is clean up his mess and fix what he broke, but somehow I’m the villain for taking away the toilet seat. He said I broke the toilet by taking away the seat so now it’s my problem. I don’t understand why he can’t just fix it? It would take maybe 10mins

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Cythereal posted:

[38M] had an affair. I'm trying to find a resolution now with my wife [36F] and the other woman [19F]

Uh , a story about a piece of poo poo taking advantage of an immigrant and coercing them to stay in a marriage with financial abuse after an affair is not very entertaining...