Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
rip big john, died as he lived, lounging and gaping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

So seems like my practice of going "woohoo wooooo!" while waving hands over my "patients" is both safer and more effective than chiro.

I take it you studied under Dr Briner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR08bMCrPaA

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
On the one hand, it's annoying that theatres only give the 2000 audience members 20 minutes to go pee and buy almonds during intermission. On the other hand, it's annoying when the person behind you is constantly crinkling their bag and smacking their lips, especially at shows like operas that don't use amplification (go ham on a ham at Mamma Mia, who gives a poo poo).

On the third hand, acting like a petulant teenager to teach your girlfriend a lesson about inviting you to things you think are boring and snobby is a great way to be sent to the acid vat.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I don't really know what tone she was using but it sounds like she was being passive aggressive about it, like "ohhh we can't move because of your big important job", which, yeah, reality check, if you don't want the water to stop running don't turn the faucet off.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

I'm a little confused about what this dude gets out of having the same conversation which is basically him just bitching with several different people in a row.

If you tell a ten minute story to ten people at once, that's ten minutes of attention, but if you tell that same story to those same ten people individually, that's almost two hours of attention!

:brainworms:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Darkhold posted:

AITA for secretly eating takeout food my pregnant wife cannot eat because she has gestational diabetes?

Well you're probably thinking you hate this guy right now. Buckle up.

How much do you hate him now?

I think this guy sucks but her getting that upset over the fact that he was eating Cheesecake Factory (lol) in his car, away from her, without her knowledge, is kind of insane.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Silly Newbie posted:

It's not about the cheesecake factory. It's never about the final straw that triggers the meltdown, it's about a long term pattern of behavior.

I know it wasn't, but now I'm imagining it was and that's much funnier.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
r/relationships: he is somehow friends with all the girls

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It's funny that they'd masturbate to those ones when The Colossus exists.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I would definitely rather do the driving chores than the cleaning chores, but it still takes time and energy and I'd be pretty mad if I had to do three hours of driving chores in a day and my wife was like "well I cleaned for ninety minutes, can you do another ninety?" or whatever. The real rear end in a top hat in this situation is carbrained infrastructure, if you can't drive you're going to have a really bad time living in all the parts of north america that are basically just giant drive-through malls, but she's definitely not helping.

Cthulu Carl posted:

My dog always liked to take a mouthful, trot 20 or so feet to the family room, drop the food, then lick it off the carpet.

It was always by the back door, so maybe he just wanted to look outside while he ate...

The dog equivalent of watching Youtube while eating take-out.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Quackles posted:

AITA for not Saying "Yes Sir" to my Manager?

strictly speaking nta but lol at this person for being a slobbering little willy loman at a dead-end AMC job

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Remulak posted:

He worked hard and improved his personal situation at the job he had, then it got shittier again. By all means castigate him for having a lovely job.

I will! Repeatedly!

edit: just to be clear, the part that’s funny to me isn’t that he’s making effort at his job, because that’s a fine thing to do, but that he’s acting like Mr Movie Theatre is going to fly down in a great glass elevator and give him a promotion for being the loyalest and smartiest, rather than the reality, which is that he’s a vigilant peon in a corporate system so big that he basically doesn’t exist. It’s important to be aware of that kind of stuff, especially if you’re not unionized.

That being said, I would love to sit in on his powerpoint presentation to his boss about how the other boss sucked.

Magic Hate Ball fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 27, 2024

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Nerdlord Actual posted:

:stare: How does a person operate like this?

Mental illness.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
gently caress Cool Whip, where's The Stuff?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Ominous Jazz posted:

the birthday restaurant just seems like she's mad he didn't put himself first which is legit

Why, though? It comes across as her transmuting embarassment into anger and projecting that at him, which is bizarre and kind of unhealthy.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
The funniest thing about the cool whip problem is that the only recipes where cool whip is a central ingredient are poo poo like ambrosia. You mean the mini marshmallows, mandarin slices, and maraschino cherries have to share a bowl with off brand whipped sweetened hydrogenated vegetable oil? The flavor will be ruined!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Morning coffee guy needs to stock up on a few cans of Mr Brown.

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

ITT: Banned of Brothers

WE WERE ON A SIXER