Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Boomer & Karen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

Fewer better more expensive cows.

This is the answer. I feel the same way about gasoline.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

milk talk:

A glass of Milo, or a tall glass of strawberry Big M is a top notch way to stary the morning.

And I would look admiringly upon anybody ordering either in a bar.

Edit: Do Americans have Milo? If not then I weep for your god forsaken wasteland of a country

I know I've seen Milo in the US, but Ovaltine is more common.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

wheatpuppy posted:

They uh, also don't butcher cows to remove their milk. In case you didn't know that.

That's good, I always thought it was so wasteful when I had to cleave a gallon of milk in twain in order to get a cup from the middle.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

He could sit in his car in the parking lot, eat crab cakes from the bag, and swill Brut straight from the bottle.

Rollin down the street, smokin indo
Sippin' on 'cakes and brut
Laid back
Got my mind on American Girl Dolls and American Girl Dolls on my mind

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Zorak of Michigan posted:

We have a word for this already and the word is "given." "Gifted" isn't shorter or easier to say. It makes it sound like the author never learned how to conjugate the verb. That's forgivable for the ESL posters, but it bugs me coming from the otherwise-fluent.

They're not synonymous. Compare:

"I was gifted a set of commemorative dishes."

"I was given Chlamydia."

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Rat Patrol posted:

This might be the greatest compliment that recording could ever have been given

The manic interpretation you put on the last line about wanting to sing it at your wedding really makes the recording special.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

trickybiscuits posted:

Help! My Mother Kept a Haunting Memento From My Childhood.

What

If I didn't know better I'd think my sister wrote this.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

You know, just kissing and cuddling and showing together like all besties do.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Kurieg posted:

AITA for kicking my baby’s father out of the hospital room?

Put the baby daddy in a vat of acid. When my son was born, we watched Bohemian Rhapsody on the TV and I played with my phone on and off until the action started.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I hope r/electricians is fair game, because

Using my own fleshlight at work

quote:

So I'm in the middle of a pretty heated debate with the owner of my non-union shop about using my fleshlight at work. I drive my own KUV to work (bought it when I ran another unrelated business, moved to electrical cause felt like it was a better long term move)... it's my daily driver, he reimburses me for gas/wear and tear by giving me a considerably higher wage, and in return use my vehicle like a company vehicle. now before go any further, know what you're probably thinking already, and yes, I do it at work. He says it's potentially a crime but during lunch break like to go in the back cab of my KUV and crank one out. It's my time and my vehicle and have the back windows Blacked out completely with blackout curtains. He said he will fire me if he catches me again but the first time he just barged in the back looking for his iPad (I was using it and he said he needed to take it back to the shop to update it or something) so that time really wasn't my fault. But being for real did have the iPad hooked up to my speakers in the back so maybe he heard the video playing idk.. The 2nd time admittedly was at the supply house and they were taking forever and so said gently caress it, then boom, here's Joe Schmo putting 3 boxes of poo poo in the back of my van and was caught red handed.... he knows the owner and called him and now he's threatening to fire me. I don't think it's fair that he is trying to tell me what to do in my own vehicle, technically on my own time. Everyone at the shop keeps making jokes and honestly thought it was at least kind of normal but guess not. My first journeyman told me that if you don't do it at work at least once then you aren't a real electrician and he spent alot of time in the Porta potty.
What would you do? Should
shops provide fleshlights?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

What would be a good generic name for Cool Whip?

Phat Lash?

It's already "Whipped Topping".

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

idiotsavant posted:

Steak doesn’t need the extra cooking because it’s generally already a tender cut with lots of fat and not a lot of connective tissue, and boiling it is just cooking flavor out and adding it to the water instead. If you want properly cooked medium-rare steak, you’re better off just learning how to better manage your heat & better judge when the steak is done.

On the other hand, I've seen bottom round "steaks" sold before, and that's absolutely a cut that benefits from a long slow braise to break down the connective tissue

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Kenshin posted:

I'm guessing "IT" is overstating what he actually does

Could be anything from data entry to helpdesk. The range of reasonable wages in Europe has always seemed weirdly compressed compared with what I'm used to hearing in the States.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Hee hee hee... Ines sounds like an Australian saying anus

It's pronounced ee-NES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Upgrade posted:

I have a phd and anyone who insists on being called Dr sucks. Also I hate academic departments that refer to each other as Dr.

My wife has an MD, and she only refers to herself as doctor (outside of work) so she can make the occasional "just what the doctor ordered" joke at restaurants.