Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well everything is upside down in Australia, so an 8 is actually

oh wow it's still 8 dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Some of these stories need a scale involved as background information. Milk basically exists to put weight on children, if the son is healthy and active there's nothing wrong here but statistically speaking if the story is based in the US chances are he's overweight and the SIL has a point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HISBol9014A

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

While looking for an unrelated post I came across this, not sure if it was posted before but I couldn't see it in a google search

AITA for customising my burger

probably rodeo goat, and their burgers are very gimmicky and stupid. they'll make a non-stupid one if you ask though

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Shanghaied posted:

My "I take my role as a husband and father seriously" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

And I don't know, while I don't think it's anything to go to pieces for, it was kind of mean-spirited. It was barely a joke. Like in what way was it a joke?

lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the only response to people pointing out your socks don't match is "I have a pair just like it at home"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bitching about your SO is pretty much always going to come back and bite you in the rear end

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think there's probably some nuance to the complaining about SO thing, I think there's a big gulf between just randomly bitching or making fun of your SO vs like saying to a person who knows both of you like "I'm having a hard time with ____" that involves your SO, or even just like venting about them being unreasonable sometime if you just need reassurance you're not being the rear end in a top hat if you have a friend that knows both of you and would be honest with you

I'm not sure "keep absolutely everything negative involving your SO to yourself or a therapist" is really realistic or healthy but certainly just like insulting your SO is bad I think everyone agrees on that

as long as your friends don't think they're therapists themselves, which is hella common these days

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the internet makes you stupid

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Just…wow. Pictures of the slanted straw that broke the camel’s back are at the link. Use of a level would have saved the towel rod but not the dying relationship.

The argument that led to the dissolution of my my 7 year relationship
I hung this, and it came out too crooked. One thing led to another, and it's been non stop arguing for 5 hours.

This was in the new house we bought together. Good times. 🙃

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/1c3nnep/the_argument_that_led_to_the_dissolution_of_my_my/

turns out the real issue was OP forgot how to dress himself and kept walking around town with his dick and balls hanging out

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mystes posted:

Can you explain why you think it's reasonable to refuse if the other person is paying for the cost of changing it? Would you feel the same way if they weren't boyfriend and girlfriend?

Is it that you feel the ticket home is an offer that is conditional on providing accompaniment on the way back?

it's unethical to leave a huge dumbass to their own devices in a foreign country

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Quackles posted:

Content!

AITA for walking out of a dinner after being accused of supporting incest?

The show in question: Loki, with the relationship being between Loki and Sylvie, his female alternate self from another timeline.

Mary has established dominance and is now leader of the group

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA For backing out on an agreement my husband and I made years ago regarding potential kid names

she ain't gonna listen to any advice

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

At least they can't call him Trey

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I feel like even knowing the word fandom is too much

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The word’s been around for over a hundred years.

it's worse than I thought

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

he's actually married to Inspector Clouseau, who was trying to tell him about the time a sinister guy delivered a message

I froze when I read this

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Steve Vader posted:

I used to have the big "human suffering as entertainment" argument against horror movies, until I realized that pretty much all drama is also deriving entertainment from watching other people suffering adversity of some kind. Even in a goofball comedy, good chance you're gonna see a nut shot or something.

I still have that lingering ick about true crime, though, although I understand there's a fascination about the worst of humanity that does help to avoid being victimized by it. But I'm still not sure there should be a podcast called My Favorite Murder.

NGL I still suffer for Harry and Lloyd every time they turn down that oil boy job

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like the one with the sheet wall and headphones to watch gamer thrones

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Alchemist posted:

AITA for wanting to finish a game of monopoly?

dude has a problem with forfeiting and then cites chess, people forfeit chess games on the reg

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the thought of chili with maple syrup in it is really pissing me off

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

*Trevor clunks all of your heads together like coconuts*

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

My husbands friends Gf claimed my husband was cheating with her.

r/relationships: I know his D when I see it, I've been using it for a very long time

well it was a good plan otherwise

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what about ant farms

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

thread is being watched, just need to chill for a bit until the crusaders get bored

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hughlander posted:

I read fidgeting as stimming

OOP loses her best friend and husband over a DNA test (not what you think).

woops

Baronjutter posted:

Probably the uncontrollable fidgeting, but that alone sure isn't a diagnosis.

oh it's uncontrollable now

god drat, y'all

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

knew someone would bitch about that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

AITAH For telling my husband that his affair child is not welcome in our home and if he wants custody he will have to move out?

"Wait but you're a woman, you're supposed to instantly pack bond with any child. Why aren't you clamoring to become this kid's mommy?" Although this "I won't divorce HIM, he will have to divorce ME" stuff is loving childish.

not really seeing what OP is getting out of this whole situation

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if you're gonna rant about stuff you need to be funny, like me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Danger posted:

After rereading the email correspondence it appears like this was actually a lady? I had always pictured a guy too.

interesting, I figured it was a woman by the way they write

mystes posted:

They basically admitted they were a bad manager but it seems like they didn't admit that they wronged the employee? I would have more respect for them if they admitted that.

still views it like they were in competition and op just lost

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hughlander posted:

Can't find the link but I believe we discussed part 1 but...

Aita for leaving my wife over a computer?

Aita for leaving my wife over a computer? (Update)

Aita for leaving my wife over a computer? (Update 2)

Did not see that one coming!

just a straight shooter with upper management written all over her

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

artsy fartsy posted:

TIFU by not telling my doctor how many Tic-Tacs I eat per day

seems like someone read the tic-tac factoid on TIL and made up a boring story about it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

me watching my cat take her food out of the food bowl and eat it off the kitchen floor

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Christians are masters of being judgemental and irritating while maintaining plausible deniability that they're doing it on purpose, it's like all they learn in church

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

everyone keeps calling my stepdad sancho

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Maybe your stepdad should stop following around that old man who hates windmills, then :colbert:

idiotsavant posted:

I don’t get along with my stepdad because every woman he meets is “the most beautiful castellana in the world” and he promises to go questing on behalf of each and every one AITA

sancho is slang for a dude your girl is cheating with, I assume because of the character sancho

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yah but op is a man

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

AITA for keeping all my prize money even tho it would helped my dad and stepmom

*banjo music plays*

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

beating around the bush and not just saying what you want does get real fuckin old after a while

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

degen as short for degenerate just isn't working for me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

when did degenerate become a no-no word?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

Fallout New Vegas release was 2010, so about then I'd say.

I'm only partially joking, I think there was some sort of direct line between Ceasers Legion and 4chan using the word as a catch all for "people I hate"

ngl NV is the first thing I think of when I hear it

same with profligate