Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

haveblue posted:

A 15-year-old would have been born in 2009

Are the parents perhaps fans of a certain game studio known for very difficult action RPGs?

No, they just really like Fate Grand Order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Invisible Clergy posted:

Bold of you to assume she's using a spoon.

quote:

...None of these tubs have lids, they are always open with a spoon in it...

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

I changed my full name but now the bank always questions purchases by a Grey Cat.

Santos L. Halper

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I've followed the thread for years and I didn't understand the reference at all

You'll understand when it happens to you.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

selec posted:

Zaza is just a dumb name for a child outside the weed thing but that kid would also end up getting Dracula Flowed by weird Middle Aged Men randomly as they grew up so that might be exciting and confusing for them.

Makes me think of Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Usually you'd get in trouble for being in possession of a human skull but this one's been grandfathered in.

This is a good post.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

FMguru posted:

Here's a cute one for the end of the week

AITAH for the way I responded to my daughter asking if I had a crush?

Good recovery, mom.

Artist's rendition of OP's daughter:

Secret final update buried in comments:

Tuesday it ain't

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

FMguru posted:

I was thinking something more along the lines of seeing if the French Foreign Legion is hiring.

To take in the baby?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Coca Koala posted:

I have to know what the snacks are because if this guy is like, busting out potato chips during a theatre performance and eating them he should be executed.

It was a durian.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Biplane posted:

Legitmately shook I ended up sort of on the side of a hentai-and-feet guy

https://i.imgur.com/75OtBW8.mp4

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Rockman Reserve posted:

it’s literally a neurological thing, the part of the brain that deals with feet is squished all up in the part of your brain that deals with genitals and wires can get crossed there really easily

it’s called like the sensory homunculi or something

Just a little prank by evolution.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Modal Auxiliary posted:

YTA for talking like this

Lol, you're a grumpy old fart

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

it's at the extreme end of "acceptable"

anything "weirder" than feet doesn't get talked about

"vanilla sex"---------------feet--------------------weird poo poo they don't talk about

Horse's full toilet (everything about)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I'm so glad that poo poo has been banned from most public spaces

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Smoking makes you look cool, nerds.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Let me know if this has been posted…

It ain't Tuesday so you'd find out p quick

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

They prefer the portrait office instead.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Men be so brazen without bringing anything to the table.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Mx. posted:

Just get better at sex

I wonder if she's tried to gently guide him and he just didn't take the hints, as men are wont to do.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

Stories are so over the top at r/AITAH that you get posts calling all of them fake once a week, lol

Wife wants me to wear something under my swim trunks and I prefer not to.

Compromise and get speedos instead

Smh, wife won't let OP just hang dong.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Shanghaied posted:

If I have to guess, it has to do with climate change denialism. It's the only way it makes any sense at all.

Like maybe the kid said "and this poo poo is only gonna get worse with climate change" and the English teacher overheard and thought "I have shut this down now, before he turns everyone trans!"

"Better not teach the transitive property in mathematics just in case."

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

This is like when my kid yells at his mom to get out and then when she leaves the room he yells no come back!

Did you mean to type cat?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Neito posted:

There's a BBQ place in Hartford near the convention center (Bears, if there's any CT folks around) that has some bussing robots, which doesn't super work given the cramped size of the place tbh.

Got that robussy?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Shanghaied posted:

First of all, the word is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Um, actually, if you don't spell it bourgeoisie then you're a filthy philistine.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

They're not synonymous. Compare:

"I was gifted a set of commemorative dishes."

"I was given Chlamydia."

I was actually about to make this exact point.

Saying you've been gifted something specifies that what you received was a gift (or at least that you consider it as such). You can be given things that one would not consider a gift, like advice or gonorrhea.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Hmm, that can’t be right…
Dick is cheap and plentiful

Someone bought it all up in an attempt to raise the market price.

E:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/04/15/magazine/polycule-polyamory-boston.html

quote:

My husband and I are very, very different, which is our strength. He’s a frat bro who loves sports, and I’m a radical alien witch academic nerd. In the beginning, we did all the typical stuff. Read the books on nonmonogamy, did the relationship check-ins. We’d sit down, take notes. We did every exercise in the books, listened to every podcast. We learned a strategy from the Multiamory podcast called “agile scrum,” which was adapted from business-meeting models.

Further proof that agile methodology was a mistake.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 20, 2024

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Just give every newborn a maternity test :shrug:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Slaw Haters and Slaw Lovers should really be the best of friends. More slaw for the lovers to eat, less slaw for the haters to have to turn down.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Wurzag posted:

This is incel fantasy

Incel Fantasy VII: Rebirth

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

emSparkly posted:

Is this transphobia bait? I don’t exactly see it in the post but I really dread the comments.

The terlet one? Apparently some people in OP's family sit on the loving rim so he thought it was a normal thing some people do? Lmao

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

emSparkly posted:

Siting on the bowl would be so cold though.

Shocks the poo/pee out of you. So chilly!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Regarding the whole toilet thing, I am a queer cismale. I started sitting down to urinate a long time ago and I have never understood the opposition. In my own place, someone I know, someone that has invited me to their place for the first time, etc. If nothing else it means you don’t have to deal with the lawn sprinkler bullshit and you can just wash your hands and move on.

Do you park your rear end right on the porcelain rim, though?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Where....exactly do you think taste buds are located :raise: ?

The anus.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Imagine preparing for your wedding day when you'll be marrying the love of your life and when you get to the altar there's just a miniature plastic figurine of your future spouse waiting for you and they're nowhere to be found.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Extra Large Marge posted:

There is this radio show on NPR on the weekends called "Zorba Paster On Your Health" where listeners call in and ask health related questions to the host, Dr Zorba Paster.

I remember there was one caller who's husband was complaining about stomach pains. The caller lived out in the country and would go into town with her husband every few weeks to get groceries at Farm and Fleet. As you may know, half of Farm and Fleet is dedicated to the sale of bulk candy (circus peanuts, gum drops, and the like). The caller's husband would buy several gigantic bags of black liquorice, then eat one of the gigantic bags on the drive home. By the time they got home, he would be doubled over on the ground with extreme stomach pains.

Apparently, he would go to the doctor with concerns about his stomach episodes, but would never mention the black liquorice. The cause of the problem was so obvious that his wife had to call freaking NPR to confirm that yes in fact eating an entire 1 lbs bag of black liquorice will probably cause stomach problems and you shouldn't do that.

Isn't liquorice toxic in large amounts? Like, it causes heart and circulation problems?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

strictly speaking nta but lol at this person for being a slobbering little willy loman at a dead-end AMC job

I usually lol if they look down on their coworkers that don't do extra (for no pay) but it sounds like OP made life better for their coworkers with their efforts.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

TBLALV posted:

Pros: Wipes own rear end

Cons: With socks

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

sullat posted:

Maybe she should check to see if he's been replaced by the fae or a doppelganger. Does she have any silver in the house?

You need coldiron for that, dumb dumb.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Wonder if he went on WikiHow to learn how to be better at oral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

torgo posted:

AITA for hiding the codes so my boyfriend won't set off his tactical poop nuke?

They really do give you everything in Helldivers 2.