Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Baronjutter posted:

I wish more parents would think about how the name they think is so cool or quirky or deeply meaningful to them in them in the moment will affect their kid in the future. Name based bullying can be intense.

When I was around 12 my uncle was having a kid and actually got some of the older cousins together to run some of their chosen names by us to see how kids would react. Some of the names absolutely invited bullying and lovely nicknames or rhymed with something rude. He took those names off their list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiQiTz3KWCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The bi-wife situation is easy to resolve. Just sit at your desk frowning, and when someone asks 'what's wrong' you reply "Well, it's my wife, she's been acting really odd. Came out as bisexual, and says if I don't tell everyone I can I'm not supporting her properly."

Situation resolved, and in the manner of one of the four designated non-work conversastion topics at the office: Complaining about the SO. The other three are weather, weekend plans and recent TV.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Hughlander posted:

AITA for telling my son that he acts too much like a woman.

I hate my son, he's patient, considerate, helpful, doesn't road rage, he should be an rear end in a top hat like me.

It'll make him a pushover! I told him this and he said no, and now I don't know what to do!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They're like Catholic Diosces but you move the victims when you find abuse instead.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Quackles posted:

Little bit of context about me, and my job. I've worked at a movie theater for 4 years, and love it. I always come in, and try to go above, and beyond. My managers have taking notice, and have been giving me a lot more responsibilities. Now it's not a promotion, and it doesn't increase my pay, but I know how this works.

No you don't. Evidence: A new general manager was brought in from out of state, not promoted from among the workers.