Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Bro, it's not you that detonated your family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
The closest I have ever come to complaining about my wife to a third party IRL in our 14 years of marriage was once her own mother grumbled about one of her picadillos and I did not argue.

It's probably related to growing up in a house where both my parents' favorite subject was how much they were unhappy with the other.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I took my daughters to an AGD store for Christmas and I consoled myself with finding out about these crab cakes AND THEY WERE NOT ON THE MENU:argh:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

That's a surprising level of not having any interest in her parents without any specific reason aside from "They did things together that I wasn't interested in. And my parents never had any time for me"

The probably just had bad vibes

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
It’s from at least three versions of the thread back, but my favorite one was the woman slowly driving herself crazy with disgust about what a liar her husband is.

The lying in question being his enthusiastic ease and skill at small talk and other social situations.

Or the OG Pete story, of course .

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
When I was a young man I thought it would be interesting to be a on a jury and my parents told me to go ask Grandma what it was like, she had been on one.

So I go ask grandma if being on a jury was interesting and she turns white and threw me out of the house.

She was on the jury for :nws: [url] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Gene_Simmons[/url] :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Ominous Jazz posted:

it also had an infamously bad ending

Did they never get around to meeting the mother?