Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Quackles posted:

AITA for Refusing to Let My 16-Year-Old Cousin Drive My New-To-Me Ford Mustang Shelby GT500?

Your diverse insights and advice are invaluable as I seek resolution in this challenging situation.

Why does this person write like this? Was this written by an AI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Irisi posted:

I wrote "You will come back stronger! You are sharklike and powerful!" on the card I sent to a work friend who was getting a prosthetic leg fitted after being in a wheelchair for some years.

Next time I saw him I asked how he was doing and he said "SHARKLIKE AND POWERFUL" in some triumph. It is clearly a motto that speaks to all of us, on a deep and primal level

It’s basically calling him a really smooth operator, since sharks are so smooth

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

edgeman83 posted:

My favorite part of all of this is how in the comments they say how they themselves can't eat an entire bowlful and it took a while to build up a tolerance for more than a single spoonful. The whole thing seems really intentional.

Anything to get the taste out of their mouths, I guess

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

The Maroon Hawk posted:

that's not what gaslighting means AAAAAAAAAAAAA :blastu:

Yes it is. That’s what gaslighting has always meant.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Cacator posted:

Was the boy named Sue?

No, I think he was probably named Cat's Cradle.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Cool Dad posted:

She misheard, they were calling her Tony Pizza

That would make her even more angry. She hates being Tony Pizza.

Chewbecca posted:

Both MIL and husband can get hosed. How are they not even accounting for wife/DIL in the equation when eating? Where did they think the food came from?

Sounds like son is a good egg trying to make up for lovely family members

Of course they are accounting for OP in the equation when eating. There's no way that both of them would simply forget that she would need to eat too. This is probably their way of "helping her lose the pregnancy weight". Honestly, she should get a divorce.

Nebrilos fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Is there a name for the kind of manipulation where a husband says something kind of demeaning to his wife and then she says “Would you mind not saying that to me? I find it kind of demeaning.” And he blows up and shouts “WELL I GUESS YOU DONT WANT ME TO SAY ANYTHING AT ALL AROUND YOU, THEN!” ?

It isn’t quite weaponized incompetence, but rather more like pretending, in bad faith, that the other persons position is much more extreme than it actually is and acting wounded by it, to get them to apologize and abandon their position.

I’ve seen it in a bunch of these posts.