Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Spiteful Sister posted:

asked if I can get an annulment so she could try to win her family back. I laughed in her face and said this is my family now

Her new trauma-marriage probably won't last but lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

OP just had to say, "Wish I could help but I'm legally full-up on the amount of children I can daycare. There's a pretty long wait-list but you're free to sign up for it."

Anyone with kids knows that's how every daycare is and only the most difficult of parents will argue with you. But when pressed she decided to poo poo where she sleeps rather than leave it.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

If they're truly raging alcoholics and you have an open bar then your "do not serve" list is going to do jack poo poo.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

This sounds like a cool rear end mom tbqh. Too bad her son is a pussy-whipped loser.

If anyone ever attacked my Mom, they'd be dead. I would go to jail for that bitch.

Yeah but my girlfriend is really cool once you look past the ultra psycho attacking behavior

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Troublemaker posted:

AITAH for walking away after I discovered my fiancé had intercourse with a douchebag?

I keep going back to his "recently my wardrobe broke down" like that's just a thing they do like cars. What do you mean man did you break it or did it collapse? I can't wrap my head around that phrasing.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

It also ignores that a lot of people don't have access to therapy due to cost/location/etc and maybe a trusted friend is the only person they can talk to.

In the grand scheme I don't think it's terrible to vent to a friend about your SO as long as you're not slamming them and instead looking for perspective on the situation you're dealing with. The biggest issue is making sure your friend is someone trustworthy and not like that one guy's Dad who will give you advice that leads to you being single and homeless because you pushed everyone away.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Dameius posted:

I know the classics posts were about 10 pages back but this one has to be included:

My (29F) Boyfriend (29M) keeps getting into fights with a cook at Waffle House

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1260126130687881217?lang=en

The Waffle House is a legendary fighting arena

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'm all for using technology for making life easier but removing the ability to just walk in, look at a menu/goods, and handing the establishment cash is straight up creating barriers. Technology should be an option and can even be the preferred option but there needs to be a bare minimum that should be required and it's the one that's existed for over 1000 years.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Kenshin posted:

Did I miss something explicit, because there was nothing in there that gave me the impression the kid was neurodiverse, just sounded like a normal bright 11 year old

Yeah same. Other than maybe knowing a little bit more about how babies are made for his age nothing about that kid sounds nuerodivergent. He sounds like your average kid at a wedding trying to keep themselves entertained.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Even if both parties are happy with a clear-cut "I drive, you clean" arrangement, they both should have drivers licenses/knowledge of the cleaning needed in order to pick up the slack if the other person is out of commission for awhile IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I had a journalism class in college that at the end of one class the professor told us to email him before the next class what topic we planned to do on our next project and he'll let us know if it's a decent one or if we should rethink it.

The next class that motherfucker has printed off all our emails and graded them on our grammar which gave everyone an F on something that no one knew or expected to be an actual assignment.