Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robyn-
Jan 31, 2024

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

I'm not real up on how the het and mono dating world handles things, but aren't you supposed to to either be banging or have a 'we're not having sex with anyone, we're saving that for us' conversation with someone before you consider yourself exclusive? Asking someone who you're not having sex with if they're cheating on you just seems weird to me, like if I was playing chess with one person and asked someone else if she was cheating at the chess game she's not even in.

Since dude is ace and misses social cues, I hope he picks up a habit of explicitly negotiating whether he's in a relationship or not, otherwise this won't be the last experience with that kind of awkward conversation.

this is how i understand the conditions that constitute a relationship, and i miss every social cue there is, there has to be dialogue about where you stand where the other person eg exclusivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU