Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I'm lucky to have not had a lovely relationship with my brother, nor my wife with her sister, so all of this stuff is extremely foreign to me, but it also seems that a lot of these people also think they have good, loving sibling relationships until they the day they come home unexpectedly. drat that sentence got away from me.

I love my sisters-in-law, but also um gross?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Shanghaied posted:

Also OP writes terribly for a lawyer.

yta for the crimes of not using spaces before parentheses, for using spaces BEFORE PERIODS AND COMMAS, various misspellings, "alot," et cetera

GAVEL

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Modal Auxiliary posted:

I got major ESL vibes, it's possible that YTA here.

Well my first language was Spanish and I don't put spaces before my drat punctuation

ed: I know the french (at least -canadians) do before colons (and semicolons?) but

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Shanghaied posted:

Australian motorsport fans screamed bloody murder when they limited the amount of alcohol you can bring to the Bathurst 1000 race to 24 cans of beer or 4 litres of wine per person per day.

just hurling empties down mount panorama

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Danger posted:

The YouTube video that had to explain the humor is exponentially worse than just admitting you don’t get the humor

Maggie Mae Fish is a hero and a scholar

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Midnight Voyager posted:

I pity that woman's undercarriage, Jesus

The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Halloween Jack posted:

Bourgeoisie is the class of people, bourgeois is the adjective describing the behavior that justifies their violent expropriation.

I hate it when people say “judgy.” The word is “judgmental.” Aw, was the waitwess all judgy-wudgy when you ordered chickie nuggies for your 40th birthday party?

Yeah, I hate it when people say "aggravate" when they should say "irritate" or "less" when they should say "fewer" but language is going the way of stop signs and turn signals oh it's that GODDAMN CLOUD AGAIN I SEEN YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Every time he turns off the hot water, just leave the shower running. Turn on the taps in every room the second he's out of sight. Flush all the toilets. Turn on the hose outside. The neighbors' hoses.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

mailorder bees posted:

I read the use of "degen" as coming from someone who probably watches letterkenny. same tone to me as "degens from upcountry wrecked the fishing shack"

this is of what it made me think

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

FMguru posted:

This one is mostly notable for sounding like it was written by the main character from Sling Blade

AITAH for telling my cheating ex wife's parents that i don't give a gently caress about her anymore and she is not my problem?

OMG they should be banned from keyboards

Also I feel for that other lady bc I also try to avoid buying anything from Nestle; they're a garbage company and it's not just the rainforest. Both Perrier and San Pell are owned by them, but I'm happy that they sold SweeTarts to Ferrara which is apparently a decent company. Though I wouldn't force my wife to go into Oreo-related hiding i mean i'm not crazy

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
drat what the hell were they even talking about? Newman-Os? Hydrox?

Nobody goes into hiding for Hydrox

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
sharklike as hell

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

cat botherer posted:

Hydrogen peroxide is awesome to gargle with, even if its not good for wounds. It's cheaper than Listerine, doesn't hurt, whitens your teeth, and the mechanical action of the bubbles is great at dislodging biofilms and stuff below your gum line.

I gargle with 70% hydrogen peroxide. Highly recommended

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Steve Vader posted:

Miracle Whip calls itself "salad dressing" so it's not technically trying to be mayo. It was the only mayo we had growing up though.

My wife, from the South, has decreed that it sucks and Dukes is the only acceptable mayo. It definitely tastes better.

We have a family recipe that is known as Dad's Chip Dip, and his kids all loved it. Pimento cheese, deviled ham, and our favorite line was always "Miracle Whip to taste."

My wife proved it tasted better with Dukes.

And my mom eventually let us know that Dad just got that recipe from an old Playboy magazine.

Shut up, Leonard! I found your YouTube page. What's the point in reviewing frozen pizza?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I heard Band of Brothers was really good, but I never had the time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Baronjutter posted:

I sometimes feel I'm living in another dimension because I've never in my entire very large extended social and family circle known anyone who has:
-Had a gender reveal party.
-Proposed in front of anyone other than their partner let alone made a big event out of it.
-Announced a pregnancy at an event or even really made a big deal about it besides simply telling people they're close to.
-Had a bad wedding.
-Had any sort of social or family drama that involved people "blowing up their phone"

Yeah same

I guess most of the people I know are pretty chill. Even my buddy Torkbuzz nowadays