Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

AmiYumi posted:

"Neither of us drink, and our families are packed with full-blown alcoholics we insist on inviting.

The wedding will have an open bar.

We are very smart."

Oh come on, we all know that a significant amount of people consider a dry wedding to be an abomination (including many people in the last thread), I'm sure there would have been a shitload of drama whining about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

mystes posted:

I can't decide if
1) Gina really thinks the OP is going to have sex with Antonio
2) Gina is just really homophobic and doesn't want Antonio to interact with the OP because of that
3) Gina just doesn't want Antonio to go at all and she's just latched on to this as an excuse (in which case what if the OP really just was like "oh okay fine I won't go"? But maybe she didn't actually think it through that far)

I think it's close to #2: Gina is homophobic and thinks of gay men as not fully counting as men, so if a gay guy is there then it's not really men only, so why can't she go too?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Captain Fargle posted:

There was the mashed potatoes with crisps and raisins in it one. That was a hell of a thing. Or the white lady that completely turbofucked her entire catering career by being hella racist about the cook for a big Chinese restaurant in NY.

Ooh, can someone post the racist chef one?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

babypolis posted:

no obviously plantations are monstrous places that should be burned to the ground, but it feels sort of hypocritical to think that of plantations and not the parthenon or whatever (this includes me and is not an insult)

Do people enjoy getting married at the Parthenon or the pyramids? Or host company events?

They literally still have cotton there, which honestly surprised me. There's no reason it should have, except that it means that dude could take real field slave cosplay photos because actual slaves picked actual cotton right there.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Yeah I feel like if he had been clearer that his uncle specifically said he should do that it would have gone over a lot better.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

He also says he probably wouldn't have shown if he knew it was a dry wedding, so maybe just don't go to weddings for people you don't give a poo poo about?

Yeah this whole debate feels pretty strange; like weddings are just really expensive and elaborate parties somebody hosts with their spouse. There are actual people that are supposed to be the focus, not free booze. If you actually give a poo poo about that, you can just go for your friends having a wedding, and whether there's booze or not isn't as big of a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Moon Slayer posted:

TIFU by showing my dick to my wife's grandparents.

I instinctively pulled my shorts down and started doing the helicopter.

A lot of people seem to say "instinctively' when they mean 'impulsively'.

Can't control the biological instinct to be a loving idiot, nope can't be blamed for my behavior because :biotruths: