Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Gotta get it for the 'gram! Don't most gyms have a "no recording other people" policy, anyway? I don't go to any since I don't like working out in public, but that was my general perception.

Yeah most do. I record a lot since my form is generally garbage and I have a coach but I'm psychotic about not bothering people and I never upload anything if someone else is in the shot. I also workout at 430 am most days so really not a lot of people at the gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Mx. posted:

AITA for not addressing a parent “correctly”?

Send a new mass e mail replying to her complaint

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

idiotsavant posted:

I would posit that actually, it is not a good thing to use your kid as a therapy dog for a mom having a hard time

Yup. Also making the request for mother's day itself is super weird. Like I get a weekend lunch date with an aunt would be super fun but this is borderline creepy

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Crocobile posted:

Whattup dysfunctional childhood friends. :smith::hf::smith:
These guys know what’s up. SIL isn’t acting like a normal adult who wants to do a nice thing for a kid, she’s projecting her fantasy of the child she wished she had (because she’s unhappy with the kids she has) onto OP’s daughter. OP is right to be creeped out!

And there is specific relavent info in the post:

:whitewater:

Yeah as someone who was his dad's primary therapist for like 10 years the SIL needs therapy and boundaries not playdates

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Public education as a public good is in danger and that causes people who have devoted their life to it, like some teachers, to overreact to any perceived threat or criticism.

Many teachers are great, not every teacher is terrible, but it's the bad ones who leave oversized memories and populate our anecdotes.

so, like, LoG, i get what's going on for you, but: stop.

I had several amazing teachers that genuinely cared. I also had a teacher call me a fa**ot, several actively encouraged kids to pick on me and several openly made fun of me in class. And a gym teacher assaulted me once. I don' hate teachers but god I wish I was naive enough to not believe the weather story.

Shanghaied posted:

We've had intruding MILs, now get ready for the creepy FILs!

AITA for telling my husband and father-in-law that they could have a say in my birth plan if they had skin (or genitals to be more exact) in the game.

Lol this woman rules and gently caress that husband.

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Ominous Jazz posted:

if i'm not using it on wounds why do i have a whole bottle of hydrogen peroxide

Getting blood out of clothes.