Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Corky, can you ask me where my sense of fun is?

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Where's your sense of fun?

It's off somewhere eating breakfast in a hotel bed.

edit for content

AITA for refusing to answer to my grandparents "nickname" for me?

quote:

I (15f) started living with my grandparents last year because my mom ended up needing to be taken care of and couldn't take care of me. So my grandparents took me. Ever since I moved in they have tried calling me "Elizabeth". That is not my name, that's not even my middle name. I have always used my first name "Astraea" or my a cutesy version of middle name which sometimes gets used for a nickname but is not connected to Elizabeth at all. My grandparents never liked my name. They admitted that to me when I moved in with them. They asked me if I would be okay with a nicer more classic name and I told them no, because I love my name. They asked me if I would like Emily because that was their unused girl name when they finished having kids and my answer was no. So when I rejected Emily they decided Elizabeth was the way to go.

They call me Elizabeth and not my name or my middle name or even the cutesy version of the middle name. It annoys me so freaking much. I have asked them to use my name but they told me the name is weird and they have no idea what my mom was thinking of when she named me. They told me they tried to get her to pick a normal name but she was set on that and she was 19 so at that stage where listening to your parents is seen in a negative light.

I reached the point where I refuse to answer to or respond to them when they call me Elizabeth. I will totally ignore them. My grandparents told me I'm being rude and I would want to start thinking of my future and how a name like Elizabeth or Emily would be better received by future employers and other adults in society. They told me even without that it's rude to ignore people and to refuse to engage with them.

AITA?

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 2, 2024

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITA for telling my in laws that their adopted kid isn't welcome here anymore and that I will kick them out if they go against me?

Was the son blasting Guns n Roses while riding away with Budnick from Salute Your Shorts on the back? If so op needs to leave that house immediately

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The bed in his guest room should be comfortable.

Not the issue really, but why is your guest bed uncomfortable

So they won’t stay too long.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Runcible Cat posted:

NGL Jezebel rocks as a name.

She can be friends with Harlot

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I heard that Sam can’t cum unless Emma wears men’s underwear anyway.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

the holy poopacy posted:

I went to look at the comments and reddit is mostly voting NTA :psyduck: I guess that, yeah, on the surface of it uninviting a close family member over slinging some mud is an overreaction, but it's pretty clear that there's a lot more going on here between 1) mom "accidentally" hitting her future DIL instead of her husband and going to console her husband for not being hit with mud and 2) the rest of mom's family ganging up on her son for not defending mom enough.

Yeah I was on his side until I read this

quote:

I didn't see it make impact, but immediately saw the result. My mom was embarrassed and ran to hug her husband, calm down, apologize.

That reaction doesn't make any sense if the mom actually gave a poo poo about the fiancee. And he didn't see it happen.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

We need fewer cows yes. That is an incontestable point. Forests turned to mud and methane and beef yay!

I’ll do my part, if I see someone drinking milk in a bar I will fight them.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I asked a flight attendant why they still had ashtrays and they told me it was so they could have somewhere to put out cigarettes when people tried to smoke during the flight.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

the holy poopacy posted:

the abuse guidelines are very much an Old SA type of rule: "it's OK if it's funny"

the main problem is, people who come from well-adjusted childhoods (by goon standards, anyhow) see a very run-of-the-mill abuse story and go ":eyepop: wowee lookit how crazy this is!!" and want to share it because it seems weird and exceptional to them

Some people also read posts here and go hey that’s normal and then find out no, it’s abuse, I was abused.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITA for abandoning my boyfriend in Disney World after he threw a tantrum about a park map?

This guy is obviously TA but I do miss getting paper copies of certain things, the main one being concert tickets. I have a collection of old ticket stubs that just stops abruptly in the late 2000s.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Mx. posted:

AITA for saying to my grandmother “I thought you used a stove for years do you not know how to use it”

:owned: but also maybe don’t ask grandma for help anymore

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You could ask grandma for help regarding toilet etiquette.

Maybe that’s why the stove wont work

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

420 Gank Mid posted:

This post would make 100x more sense if people had said "oh its just 100 miles away" instead of "a two hour drive"

What is so uniquely terrible about middle England that isn't even worse in Ohio or Western PA

I googled maps’d Derby to Manchester and there’s a lot of turns and roundabouts, there’s only like 3 stretches that are over 8 miles with the longest being 14, so you’re basically having to make a turn every couple minutes. Sounds pretty annoying actually when compared to just driving for a couple hours on an interstate, but probably isn’t really that bad. There’s roundabouts!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

AITA for fighting with my wife about the lights in our house?

Try this yourself to see where I’m coming from. Try to hang out in your living room after work around 5pm with no lights on in the house, or any time throughout the day on a weekend.

YTA. Yeah buddy, no one reading this has ever sat in the dark before.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

In my old apartment, the lady upstairs had just moved in and she flushed like 100 wet wipes down the toilet. They clogged up right at my bathroom, and backed up a bunch of gross stuff into my bathtub and bathroom floor. I discovered this by stepping in it right after I woke up. They had to use a hydro jet to cut through all the wipes and unclog the line. I also got the landlord to pay to clean it up, but I’ll never forget the sight of it.

Wet wipes are not flushable. I mean, technically, they are able to be flushed down the drain, but it’s like flushing a towel. It doesn’t disintegrate like toilet paper does, it just gets clogged.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

DemoneeHo posted:

The lesson is never buy a house with only one toilet, and OP's wife should have let him have a bidet in OP's toilet.

Or she could stop being weird first so OP wouldn't have to out-weird her.

AITA for bringing a generic product vs the name brand I was asked to bring?

OP shouldn't have waited until the last minute, and should have gotten what was directly requested. But that doesn't excuse the mil for being hilariously passive-aggressive. And if it was so important to have the terrible topping, she should have gotten the Cool Hwip herself.

Op should have gone to get the name brand stuff, maybe with the dad so they can bond. Who cares if it’s unimportant to you, it was important to the person you’re trying to impress. The fact that he knew it was wrong and didn’t say anything about it even after arriving and hearing them talk about buying the correct brand makes him the rear end in a top hat. He didn’t even apologize for bringing the wrong thing.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Feel bad for everyone trying to convince themselves the store brand is exactly the same as the name brand. It’s not.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The_Franz posted:

Poop socks.

Wasn’t this related to WoW, and the origin of the term “poopsocking”? I swear I remember the detail about the duffel bag.

Edit: I guess I just conflated the story and the term, the Know Your Meme article only has references to Urban Dictionary definitions as the oldest sources.

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 12, 2024

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Whorelord posted:

AITAH for eliminating a rattle snake after it threatened my niece and nephew?

Posted by Reddit user "Snakemaster2002"

gently caress this dude. I’m an avid hiker and I’ve ran into dozens of rattlesnakes. They just want to chill, they will leave you alone if you leave them alone. It wasn’t even rattling. The most I’ve ever had to do is kick dirt at one because it was laying longways on the trail. It just slithered off. His actions were completely unnecessary.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

“California sober” specifically means you don’t drink but you do smoke weed, and maybe other drugs too.

Wedding invitations should have:
An agenda
Meal options
Bar status (open/cash/none)

ESH because the invites didn’t specify bar status, but op shouldn’t have assumed, and shouldn’t have sent the Venmo request because he ended up going out and needing the sitter/Ubers/airbnb anyway.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Stoner Sloth posted:

Yeah this guy can go and get hosed.

Ex and sister at least called him out on it but what a piece of poo poo to go hunt out an animal that's harming no one and kill it in order to feel like a big man.

50 feet off the drat trail. Don’t go off the loving trails!!!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The kid should have made up a plausible story instead of a time travel story, and the parent missed the opportunity to teach that lesson.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Most Power Alex posted:

I'd imagine male strippers are more likely to be DTF because they have less reason to be physically afraid of there clientele than their female counterparts.

They also probably have to get hard to perform so they’re already ready to go anyway

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

fast cars loose anus posted:

The fact that the girlfriend is furious that he didn't do it indicates an incredibly hosed up family dynamic there; I hope Reddit is telling him to run

Yeah, she was supposed to work too. Super hosed up, she’s mad at the wrong person.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

A lot of attractive people do move to LA to try to make it in Hollywood, but most of them go back to the Midwest after inevitably washing out so it doesn’t move the needle as much as people think.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

TIFU by showing my dick to my wife's grandparents.

3 days later ...

The Sentinelese, famously known as one of the last uncontacted primitive peoples left on the planet, have been seen waving their dicks at the observers, ironically sometimes at actual helicopters. There's probably nothing closer to a universal gesture, except for maybe this (from Wikipedia):

quote:

...sometimes they turned their backs and assumed a "defecating" posture, which Pandit took as a sign of their not being welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

This story from LegalAdvice is short, but I just like how well the even shorter title sums it up. And while I'm not exactly a police fan, a guy like this getting arrested for sucker-punching a cop who actually wasn't doing anything wrong works for me.

I like how the op doesn’t say how they got involved, they’re just suddenly being held down along with their friend.