Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

River
Apr 22, 2012
Nothin' but the rain
I work for ARB 4x4 Accessories, so my day job directly concerns questions like these.

I haven't seen a 12v fridge I would say you could take hiking, let alone a power source for one. Maybe there's some sort of tiny chiller available? My thought would be to make ice with a proper 12v fridge at camp or in your vehicle and then take your insulin in a small esky or lunch box with ice.

In regards to running a fridge out of say your vehicle, there are a number of options to achieve this, and many people here in Australia have a 12v system capable of running one or more fridges full time, off-grid or not.

• What is your budget?
  • What vehicle do you have?
  • How often and for how long do you drive said vehicle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU