Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BATTLE OF WILLS 32 47.76%
DANIELSON VS MURDERHAWK MONSTER 11 16.42%
GUNN VS SWITCHBLADE 5 7.46%
BUCKS VS BEST FRIENDS? 15 22.39%
MAY VS ROSA 4 5.97%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The thing about them treating Switchblade like this (between the awful Gunn match and the awful ridiculous MJF booking) is a) it sucks and b) New Japan is sucking too at the same time, so I can't even go "just ship him back at this point" because it's not like he'd be treated better again there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

You don't have to push or protect Daddy rear end. You could have released him on Monday!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I didn't mind the match and I'm looking forward to Jay and the Gunns as trios champs.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I'm just going to trust that this happened because Jay and Gunns are going to win at dynasty and Juice is going to come back like a hero

Tony, you coward, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt :mad:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Miching Mallecho posted:

Tony, you coward, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt :mad:

The guy who buries Jay White every chance he gets?
The guy who just mercilessly released some of the hottest up-coming talent?
Give me a break :rolleyes:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Bucks threatening Sue got an audible gasp in my household, I'm really enjoying this reinvention for them.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Tony saw smooth Jay

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Weird show. Not entirely bad, but that Jay/rear end match killed me completely. Way too long, way too slow, way too much of making Jay look like a boob.

I may also just not be into Rosa anymore. She hasn’t looked very great since coming back and I kind of checked out on that match despite liking Mariah. I know the story and redemption of Rosa coming back to challenge Toni makes sense, but I wish Mariah had won to go with the fan vs idol thing they’ve got going on.

Everything else wrestling wise was pretty good, though I did find myself checking out during Danielson/Archer too. I like them both but I don’t know. Didn’t feel like an exciting or high stakes match at any point.

Tag match was good, though I wish the tournament was being used to make a new team rather than going back to Bucks/FTR which I assume is the final. Not that it won’t be great, just nothing new.

Hobbs rules. Swerve rules. Willow rules. Bad Trent rules. I hope he starts wearing all-denim outfits again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There's 0% chance of it happening but it would be hilarious if Chuck turns and Okada bounces on the Bucks to be with his shipmates. He wasn't gonna waste time on a babyface team.

Anyway, it will still be nice to see Chuck turn heel just because. I see no reason for him not to.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

god drat you I told you to knock this poo poo off!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really hope they look at the response to that billy match and just go no thank you. Such a shame after Jay looked like such a killer in the Darby match

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Vandar posted:

Lmao who the gently caress did Jay White piss off to get buried so hard.

TK saw the pictures of clean shaven Jay White u_u

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jay refuses to not job, he’s the reverse Malarky Black

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I just feel like Jay White should be a bigger deal but maybe I over hyped him.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

jay white is fantastic. even while he was getting beaten by a 60 year old, i thought his heel antics were great. loved him trying to scissor bill rear end.

Shard posted:

god drat you I told you to knock this poo poo off!

:evilbuddy:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Stroker Ace posted:

Nah, he fuckin rules and has not been used great. There have been flashes and at times it felt like BCG were the most over guys on any given episode of Collision, but that’s been squandered a bit.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

The Stroker Ace posted:

He should. He's just not TK's favourite Nooj wrestler probably.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Jay White is so great as a begging off cowardly poo poo. His trying to start the "Scissor Me Daddy" chant was hilarious. I don't think the match itself was the issue, just the slow start and the weird ending that didn't make much sense and soured the entire thing. I think it's just time to have the unification match and be done with it. And bring Juice back! I miss him.

Thunder Rosa still hasn't gotten her edge back sadly. I liked the Mariah match a lot because Mariah May hits people so loving hard and it rules, and Storm/Rosa at Dynasty is a great story that makes sense, but Thunder Rosa needs to shake the cobwebs out before it happens.

The eventual Toni Storm/Mariah May match is gonna be so good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Will Ospree

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

holy poo poo i just saw this on twitter

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Billy Gunn emerging from the darkness behind Jay White was pretty cool looking, though.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

Billy Gunn emerging from the darkness behind Jay White was pretty cool looking, though.

probably the only good thing about that entire match, if anything. I haven't really liked anything Thunder Rosa's done since she's come back personally, I think Mariah made her finisher look way better than it's been any other time I've seen it done but that's more Mariah good than Rosa being on form imo

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Pylons posted:

Will Ospree

Lol I thought he was going to correct himself but he just kept saying Ospree. Adam Copeland out here shilling AEW hard while not actually watching the product.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sisal Two-Step posted:

a menace youre a loving menace!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
so we can expect to see Mercedes v Willow at Double or Nothing in May. I assumed she would wrestle SOMEONE at Dynasty, but that looks unlikely. I assume AEW will make a big deal about her first match for them as well.

AEW better not wait until Double or Nothing to be her actual in-ring wrestling debut, because she is way too boring to pull off not wrestling for that long. I don't think 2 more months of badly delivered promos and pull-string "CEO!" dancing will be able to sustain her.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Lol I thought he was going to correct himself but he just kept saying Ospree. Adam Copeland out here shilling AEW hard while not actually watching the product.

He's Canadian

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rosa comes across as, like, shoot angry and whether it's real or not it doesn't feel very justified considering she's looked real sloppy since coming back. Ironically radiating Ivellese vibes.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I can be your angle….or yuor devil

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

enigmahfc posted:

so we can expect to see Mercedes v Willow at Double or Nothing in May. I assumed she would wrestle SOMEONE at Dynasty, but that looks unlikely. I assume AEW will make a big deal about her first match for them as well.

AEW better not wait until Double or Nothing to be her actual in-ring wrestling debut, because she is way too boring to pull off not wrestling for that long. I don't think 2 more months of badly delivered promos and pull-string "CEO!" dancing will be able to sustain her.

She should have like The Double Or Nothing Chip or something silly like that, an actual contract that says she has a title shot at DoN, but what makes it double or nothing is that anyone that beats her will take it from her, so she can have like 3 matches in the build up from any woman under the excuse that the challenger would get a title shot of course they'd fight Mone.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's going to be crazy when Tony starts booking Jay for big wins and everyone likes it even more from the anticipation

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

enigmahfc posted:

This did kick rear end. I yelled OH NO at my TV, caught my Switch-playing partner off guard.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's going to be crazy when Tony starts booking Jay for big wins and everyone likes it even more from the anticipation

any day now...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nick Comoroto's hot now

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1775538749369184431

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ROH pape looks sick, as always

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

jesus that might be the first time no beard has been an improvement

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shard posted:

jesus that might be the first time no beard has been an improvement

https://twitter.com/That_Happy_Cat/status/1775558819289989192

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wow, imagine someone predicting things that end up not happening.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It makes me so happy that more wrestlers are going all in on their chest hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rosa definitely lost a step since she came back but I thought her match last night was probably the best of her return. She's still got the same energy but it feels like she can't quite string together a series of high energy moves into a solid match.

She was still super inconsistent before her injury, too. She'd have an amazing match one week and then what felt like a crazy uncoordinated mess the next week. Very much a performer whose success depended on her opponent.