Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BATTLE OF WILLS 32 47.76%
DANIELSON VS MURDERHAWK MONSTER 11 16.42%
GUNN VS SWITCHBLADE 5 7.46%
BUCKS VS BEST FRIENDS? 15 22.39%
MAY VS ROSA 4 5.97%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

This is the best I could do on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just remembered Punk had never seen Rocky III and couldn't understand Mox's idea of a comeback story

I think Phil might have hot brain, or is just dumb as poo poo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Phil is from the era of chairshots to the head, draw your own conclusions from there

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

is Tony Khan booking Mercedes like Jade to spite WWE for booking Jade like Jade?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I have stopped trying to analyze the women's booking of AEW and have learned to just accept what is on my screen is what is on my screen. But Mercedes should wrestle sooner rather than later

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

no its better if she comes to the ring and gives a wooden promo then dances like a child excited to open presents at christmas

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

post hole digger posted:

The expectations re the tape seem very high in here. Hope it is funny enough

its gonna be the worst part of a fun night of wrestling

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Even if it's just going to be a bit, I hope it at least got Phil shook to his core at the prospect of the footage coming out.

if the last year and a half of punk being annoying in the news is any indication it will make him rock hard to have people talking about him and gossiping and justify his persecution complex. the guy has come back to have somewhere between good and lukewarm matches while making anything he says during or after a show the most painful form of torture imagineable.

I hope the heel bucks just got tony on board with working the internet drama demographic and we get to laugh while loving hating them as god intended.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

if the last year and a half of punk being annoying in the news is any indication it will make him rock hard to have people talking about him and gossiping and justify his persecution complex. the guy has come back to have somewhere between good and lukewarm matches while making anything he says during or after a show the most painful form of torture imagineable.

I hope the heel bucks just got tony on board with working the internet drama demographic and we get to laugh while loving hating them as god intended.

something tells me punk wasn’t happy the last couple times people were talking and gossiping about him

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

I would not be at all surprised if the footage was just of FTR stealing cookies from catering and then the Bucks were like "What? What were you expecting?"

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

StarkRavingMad posted:

I would not be at all surprised if the footage was just of FTR stealing cookies from catering and then the Bucks were like "What? What were you expecting?"

candid footage of ftr bald shaving his head before a match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1778196211901808752

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lots of aew fans on twitter and reddit who normally watch the show are saying they won’t watch tonight because of the punk tape.

it’s one of the biggest examples of a core audience rejecting their association with something since the successful #walkaway political movement

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

As a new-ish AEW viewer I don't care about punk drama at all but I am crossing my fingers this will be funny and or cool.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

post hole digger posted:

The expectations re the tape seem very high in here. Hope it is funny enough

My expectations are so wildly low and I think it’s a weird move to do this at all, so I’m just hoping for something funny or exceptionally stupid

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lots of aew fans on twitter and reddit who normally watch the show are saying they won’t watch tonight because of the punk tape.

it’s one of the biggest examples of a core audience rejecting their association with something since the successful #walkaway political movement

fake fans

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWT1B3h1Fhg

jack perry is just the lousy escape goat

with a cameo from darby at the end

No idea why but that is the most hilarious thing I’ve watched all day. Thank you.

I bet this is the work of Sir Nicholas Jackson. I heard he was a bit of a hothead. Can anyone confirm?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Good, time for the fan base to shrink and radicalize. I'm not going anywhere

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I'm hoping the tape just ends up looking like a recreation of that one scene from the Naked Gun with OJ Simpson on the boat, with CM Punk as Nordberg instead.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

holy poo poo

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I’m just not convinced the footage is going to be anything special. I hope I’m wrong.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

a dumb moron posted:

I’m just not convinced the footage is going to be anything special. I hope I’m wrong.

well punk can't fight so we're guaranteed sub-highschool brawling

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

This is the best I could do on my phone

I want this as a gang tag

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Also regarding Dynasty:

My prediction is Hangman Page returns and costs Swerve the match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a dumb moron posted:

Also regarding Dynasty:

My prediction is Hangman Page returns and costs Swerve the match

it is very rare in AEW for a world title match to end with someone helping someone retain with interference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Shard posted:

it is very rare in AEW for a world title match to end with someone helping someone retain with interference.

Which is why I think that’s what will happen. Tony is very good at keeping rare events rare.