Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Now they're too busy drinking potato vodka and hanging out in the local bog. Smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Paddy O'Whiskey went from semtexing British soldiers to laying in the gutter drunk at 8am. Truly disgusting people

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Big fan of the semi mass produced recoiless rifle made from a fire extinguisher and a packet of digestive biscuits (cookies). Also laying around drunk in ditches

040524_2
Apr 5, 2024
welcome to 2024

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

040524_2 posted:

welcome to 2024

toilet world

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

040524_2 posted:

welcome to 2024

no thanks I just ate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DaysBefore posted:

Paddy O'Whiskey went from semtexing British soldiers to laying in the gutter drunk at 8am. Truly disgusting people

sad...

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
and what happened to those cool french terrorists from superman 2

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

they should kill more british "people" and unionists, imho

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Fictional

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

they should kill more british "people" and unionists, imho

What, like just kill random people in the street?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Regarde Aduck posted:

What, like just kill random people in the street?

We'll leave that to the experts in the UDA

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

040524_2 posted:

welcome to 2024

leave gromsquatch alone

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
mcmagic was never cool

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The Black Irish are still cool. Like the guy from Thin Lizzy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WTF

speng31b
May 8, 2010

see something you like, sport?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

speng31b posted:

see something you like, sport?

yea i'd like that fat green piece of poo poo to cave my skull in with his big gnarled shillelagh

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

this is what you look like eating a shamrock shake. still think it's "cool"?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Smythe posted:

yea i'd like that fat green piece of poo poo to cave my skull in with his big gnarled shillelagh

what about the nipple clamps

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

speng31b posted:

what about the nipple clamps

lol

hmm

he can attach those to a car battery while he does it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Smythe posted:

lol

hmm

he can attach those to a car battery while he does it.

whatever it takes. every minute mayor mccheese's life is at greater risk

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

This guy carried out the Warrenpoint Ambush

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Grimaci have waaaay more nipples than that

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

how would you know

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've been to ireland

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 3 days!)

OP your shoulder would blow into 3 pieces if u tried to fire an armalite and you'd get winded from it somehow

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 3 days!)

if u wanna be like the IRA so bad go to work tomorrow and kill your boss

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol the userid guy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

Lol the userid guy

lol

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
up the RA

edit:

The revolutionary era micks were pretty cool. Post ww2 micks have been pretty loving miserable. Realpolitik sucks.

Post 1980s Neoliberal micks loving suck - the Industrial relations Act 1990 gutted union power, political striking is banned. Were we to generally strike on Palestines behalf (for example) we could be arrested on mass? More than likely we'd be brutalised with batons and police cavalry. The Gardai literally don't have the manpower to deal with the sort of paperwork arrests would require, so it'd be some kind of physical assault on the strikers.

The government are bloodless conservatives who will run with any progressive policy they see so long as it doesn't hit anyones bottom line. This has given Ireland a reputation for progressiveness which isn't necessarily without merit, but we still have the same kind of american money coming in to bolster the right wing and the weirdo hiberno-fascists who think women should be barefoot and pregnant, chained to a sink. I'm being snide of course, but the fascist impulse for a fantasy catholic ireland that never existed has been vocalised and amplified in a way that would never have happened when I was a kid.

I suppose something positive to take away is that the left in ireland is growing in power and momentum and the next general election is going to be bloodsoaked.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

DaysBefore posted:

Lol the userid guy

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

This is Irish American cultural heritage and should not be confused with irish cultural heritage which is similar but not the same.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

RedSky posted:

up the RA

edit:

The revolutionary era micks were pretty cool. Post ww2 micks have been pretty loving miserable. Realpolitik sucks.

Post 1980s Neoliberal micks loving suck - the Industrial relations Act 1990 gutted union power, political striking is banned. Were we to generally strike on Palestines behalf (for example) we could be arrested on mass? More than likely we'd be brutalised with batons and police cavalry. The Gardai literally don't have the manpower to deal with the sort of paperwork arrests would require, so it'd be some kind of physical assault on the strikers.

The government are bloodless conservatives who will run with any progressive policy they see so long as it doesn't hit anyones bottom line. This has given Ireland a reputation for progressiveness which isn't necessarily without merit, but we still have the same kind of american money coming in to bolster the right wing and the weirdo hiberno-fascists who think women should be barefoot and pregnant, chained to a sink. I'm being snide of course, but the fascist impulse for a fantasy catholic ireland that never existed has been vocalised and amplified in a way that would never have happened when I was a kid.

I suppose something positive to take away is that the left in ireland is growing in power and momentum and the next general election is going to be bloodsoaked.

I was wondering what Irish trads were like lol, aside from the Troubles (non-posting variety) the popular image of Ireland is basically The Shire so that makes sense

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm the perfect new englander, italian on my dad's side, irish on my mom's

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Lib and let die posted:

I'm the perfect new englander, italian on my dad's side, irish on my mom's

Everywhere else on the planet you would be called American.

I was on some cam chat site once. A guy in his 60's with an american accent appeared on screen. He asked where I was from and I said Ireland. He looked shocked and told me he couldn't speak to me because he was Italian and Italians are racist against the Irish. Bullshit. He was American and the people he was being racist to were also American.

I've been to Italy and had a great time there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Micks vs wops lives on in the arena of fast food burgers to this day