Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Heck of a card tonight that I'm really excited for, here's a quick rundown:

Kyle Fletcher (c) vs. Lee Johnson (ROH World Television Championship)

Fletcher has made quite the name for himself since winning the TV title in a six-way elimination match at Survival of the Fittest 2023, successfully defending the belt four times since then and putting on an instant classic with Ospreay on the March 6th episode of Dynamite. Johnson, meanwhile, has been a bit more adrift - perhaps even frustrated that he hasn't yet lived up to his massive potential. Going after Fletcher seems to have given the talented young competitor a measure of focus, however, and his impressive performances on ROH as of late make it clear that Johnson can easily grab the upset if the champ looks past him.

Mina Shirakawa, Maika & Mei Seira vs Saya Kamitani, Tam Nakano & AZM (Special Stardom Showcase)

In perhaps the most definite sign yet of its growing relationship with AEW/ROH, Stardom has sent over six exceptional members of its roster to give American audiences a small taste of what arguably the world's greatest in-ring promotion has to offer. Not much of a story to this one, just a special treat of a trios match that promises to be terrific given the incredible talent involved. Though if Stardom and Ring of Honor's fates are in fact growing more intertwined, the fallout from this contest may have unseen impact on ROH's rapidly-improving women's division...

The Undisputed Kingdom (c) vs The Infantry (ROH World Tag Team Championship)

The Infantry have made leaps and bounds as of late, scoring an upset (if slightly tainted) victory over House of Black on their way to earning a title shot against Undisputed Kingdom by lasting ten minutes in a Proving Ground contest. Matt and Mike haven't exactly lit the world on fire as titleholders, defending the belts only once since winning it in (*checks notes, sighs*) a handicap match against MJF. Can they take this opportunity to prove that they're not paper champions? Or will the fire and hustle of The Infantry be enough to propel them to their first title?

Queen Aminata vs Billie Starkz (ROH Women's World Television Championship Tournament Finals)

The tournament to crown the first ever ROH Women's TV champion has been, by all measures, a rousing success. Perhaps the best storyline to emerge from the bracket has been the growth and the triumphs of Queen Aminata, who has in recent months shown remarkable development in all aspects of her game. Standing in her way tonight is none other than Billie Starkz, a wrestling prodigy who's grown quite a bit herself thanks in part to Athena's tough-love guidance. Both women represent the future of the ROH women's division, but who will be the first to carry that torch forward?

Johnny TV vs Dalton Castle (Fight Without Honor)

Finally, it's come to this. After months of being at each other's throats - months marked by cheese singles, convenient parkour and terrible disguises - Johnny TV and Dalton Castle will finally face off in the most brutal match RoH has to offer. Though there was no love lost between these two even before Johnny and Taya took custody of The Boys, Dalton's vicious hatred of the flashy, cackling pair only grew deeper and more obsessive when they promptly lost his beloved companions. Will their disappearance spur Dalton to destroy his most hated rival? Or will Johnny and Taya's mindgames prove too much for the flustered peacock?

Athena (c) vs Hikaru Shida (ROH Women's World Championship)

Athena's reign on top has been nothing short of historic. She's successfully defended the belt 18 times over a staggering 482 days, more than earning her self-appointed moniker of Forever Champion. And yet, Shida intimidates the Fallen Goddess in a way no challenger before has. The Shining Samurai's own record is, of course, nothing to scoff at - and it includes, most notably, a victory over a young Athena a decade prior. The champ has seemingly never gotten over that loss, and with her confidence shaken she appears unusually vulnerable to the serious threat Shida poses to her groundbreaking reign. Will Athena overcome the ghosts of her past? Or has she indeed never surpassed Shida?

Eddie Kingston (c) vs Mark Briscoe (ROH World Championship)

Eddie Kingston seemed on top of the world at the end of 2023. He'd put up his NJPW Strong and ROH World Championships when he entered the Continental Classic, effectively defending both belts by winning the tournament while also taking the Continental Championship for his own. After losing the Continental title to Okada, however, Kingston took a step back and questioned whether he was the champion Ring of Honor deserves. In trying to find that answer, he handpicked Mark Briscoe - the unquestioned heart and soul of ROH - as his next challenger, giving himself the greatest test possible against one of his closest friends. Mark, meanwhile, looks to honor the one year anniversary of his brother's passing by winning in Jay's name and carrying on the Briscoe legacy as a singles star. Both are desperate to prove themselves. Neither will back down an inch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
card looks really good :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my opinions:

hell yeah
oh hell yeah
yeah
hell yeah
yeah
hell yeah
oh hell yeah

don't freak out about it. you can do yours or just wait for the show or talk about anything

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the knobfeel guy uses a similar rating system

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Pretty excited

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

if I subscribe to honor club to watch this do I have to pay extra for the ppv or is it included in the monthly cost

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

if I subscribe to honor club to watch this do I have to pay extra for the ppv or is it included in the monthly cost

all you need is the subscription

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sticky Nate posted:

all you need is the subscription

cool, thanks. Shida/Athena is enough to justify the $10 on it's own for me

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I am trying to watch more ROH this year and I appreciate this card.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im excited

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Here to sob at Mark Briscoe winning the big one

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

IcePhoenix posted:

cool, thanks. Shida/Athena is enough to justify the $10 on it's own for me

same

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I am watching ROH at watchroh.com!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
We're live :dance:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
is this Daivari's first time appearing with these guys? neat addition to the group if so

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

is this Daivari's first time appearing with these guys? neat addition to the group if so

Our first glimpse of him with the group was a very short video last night on the show, so yes. Definitely a different vibe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ROHSSLING! :woop:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Neat finish

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
PA looked good there, other team seemed to have some timing/rust issues

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Why that dude so orange?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

wasnt feeling that match, but it wasnt bad or anything

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
RIP Boys :(

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
This feud has been the best

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Squall posted:

RIP Boys :(

So apparently they were fired for no-showing a lot?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

that was what Tony Khan said, the boys denied it though

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

PLEASE DESTROY JOHN TV

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Jerusalem posted:

They got eaten by bears.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Taurus!!!

Interesting new name to get around the trademark

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Black Taurus looking good

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Black Taurus looking good

Duke Pukem posted:

Taurus!!!

Interesting new name to get around the trademark

oh okay I was wondering how I'd never heard of this guy before

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The Beast Mortos

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
...that's crazy :stare:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

that was sick

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Also, HI IAN

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
This match is fun.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I get why he’s working babyface but Blake works so much better as a shithead heel

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

What did the 5 fingers say to the face

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I get why he’s working babyface but Blake works so much better as a shithead heel

And he has to head over to JJSB right after this, right?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I don't know why Black Christian does absolutely nothing for me. Like he's talented but he's a wrestler that feels like he does moves for the sake of doing moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Taurus kicks so much rear end