Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Use this thread to shitpost through the live events this weekend if you want including the Hall of Fame tonight at 10PM EST.

The class going in:

Paul Heyman
Bull Nakano
Muhammad Ali
The U.S. Express
Thunderbolt Patterson

The card for Night 1 of Mania 40:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes and Seth "Freakin" Rollins

Becky Lynch vs. Rhea Ripley for the Women's World Championship

Gunther vs. Sami Zayn for the Intercontinental Championship

Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso

Six-pack tag team ladder match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship: Damian Priest and Finn

Bálor vs. R-Truth and The Miz vs. Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano vs. Kofi Kingston and Xavier

Woods vs. Austin Theory and Grayson Waller vs. Pete

Dunne and Tyler Bate

Bianca Belair, Naomi and Jade Cargill vs. Damage CTRL

Rey Mysterio and Dragon Lee vs. Santos Escobar and Dominik Mysterio

The care for Mania 40 Night 2:

Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship

Seth "Freakin" Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre for the World Heavyweight Championship

IYO SKY vs. Bayley for the WWE's Women's Championship

Logan Paul vs. Randy Orton vs. Kevin Owens in a United States Triple Threat match

LA Knight vs. AJ Styles

Bobby Lashley and the Street Profits vs. Final Testament in a six-man tag team Philadelphia street fight

Will Cody finish the story?
Will I have an entertaining mental breakdown if he doesn’t?

Find out.

gently caress Vince McMahon maybe the show will kill him via the rage of a Rhodes beating his golden boy. Who knows. Find out with me and probably two other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bull Nakano is cool, you should just make the entire thread about her

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I only seen like 5 of her matches but I agree she was loving awesome

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Vince hired Cody too. Cody is a Vince guy.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Majinfoose posted:

Vince hired Cody too. Cody is a Vince guy.

Vince also hired Bryan Danielson, so by that metric, he is a Vince guy too.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Danielson had the absolute worst response to the allegations but I still love him

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Danielson's a better wrestler, and Cody's responses were worse

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'll watch a little bit of Smackdown before the Iowa game starts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is this on tonight

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I get it’s your gimmick and all but nah, Danielson said “love rapists”. You’re mad Cody didn’t turn heel 5 years ago.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is this on tonight

Hall of fame is

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Don't forget that Smackdown is considered part of Mania weekend because of the esteemed Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hall of shame they should call it

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m partial to Hall of Lame

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I get it’s your gimmick and all but nah, Danielson said “love rapists”. You’re mad Cody didn’t turn heel 5 years ago.

If this thread is going to be back and forth sniping I'm just gonna gas it so yeah don't do that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people should just let a wwe wrestlemania thread for two nights get 1 or 2 pages just from the few people that want to talk about until they stop posting in it than coming in and boosting the thread imo

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

people should just let a wwe wrestlemania thread for two nights get 1 or 2 pages just from the few people that want to talk about until they stop posting in it than coming in and boosting the thread imo

I dunno. Like the Superbowl for TFF, we get a lot of spill over and random posters for Wrestlemania. Maybe we can gently talk about AEW in here, too, and get them to watch that too?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

I only seen like 5 of her matches but I agree she was loving awesome

WWWA World Champion for about 6 weeks shy of 3 years, wrestled for both biggest American companies in the '90s, amazing look with the face paint & hair (god the hair was so cool). So much charisma, great character, absolutely masterful wrestelr. And then once she retired from wrestling she went on to become a pro golfer. I've no idea how good she was, but it's a fun factoid. Her & Aja Kong vs Hokuto & Kandori at Wrestling Queendom 1994 ruled so much. The brutal cagematch with Aja at Wrestlemarinepiad '90.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

WWWA World Champion for about 6 weeks shy of 3 years, wrestled for both biggest American companies in the '90s, amazing look with the face paint & hair (god the hair was so cool). So much charisma, great character, absolutely masterful wrestelr. And then once she retired from wrestling she went on to become a pro golfer. I've no idea how good she was, but it's a fun factoid. Her & Aja Kong vs Hokuto & Kandori at Wrestling Queendom 1994 ruled so much. The brutal cagematch with Aja at Wrestlemarinepiad '90.

That cage match is one of my favorites

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Empty quote

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

That cage match is one of my favorites

cody and this are things I agree with EMF on

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Looking over the Hall of Fame class for the first time, glad to see people like Thunderbolt Patterson and US Express not relegated to legacy inductees or whatever the hell they called the people that were quickly shown in a minute montage.

Although Heyman being inducted by Reigns is going to be way too much "character work" for the HOF. Hopefully Rock inducting his grandmother is just one line.

Surprised not to see any ECW wrestlers being inducted but I'm guessing if they do induct any more it will be after they are dead so that they can't say anything to get in hot water.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

New Jack should have gone in. Heyman has been giving some very heartfelt interviews so I expect his speech to be good

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Just reading the Observer recap of Smackdown and I'm really glad that this was made clear

quote:

Owens eventually welcomed everyone into "a special edition of The Kevin Owens Show." Randy Orton was officially introduced and out, Orton walked. The two sat in separate chairs and Owens outlined their Wrestlemania match

I kept reading and there was ALSO a separate Logan Paul segment later in the show. The battle royal was only 10 minutes but they had two different interview segments dedicated to the Owens/Orton/Paul match....

Havoc904 fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 6, 2024

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Smackdown was bad. WWE should hire Dasha their current backstage interviewers are awful and can’t improv

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They should have let Tommy Dreamer induct him and tell the story about how he planned to kill him at Mania 17

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Sounds lame, but I get chills when I hear the opening of the ECW theme.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Why they’re starting with the main event idk but this is already an all timer HOF promo

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

the weed jokes, jesus.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why they’re starting with the main event idk but this is already an all timer HOF promo

Glad they are doing this because Wiseman is the only one I want to hear.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Brian Christopher level pop for Alundra Blayze

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Brian Christopher level pop for Alundra Blayze

LOL

I also feel sorry for everyone that has to speak after Heyman.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A loud murmur from the crowd when the Undertaker is mentioned and they realize it's going to be a 20 minute TED talk for him again.

Yeah, I guess them doing Heyman first was so that the crowd wouldn't poo poo on the rest of the show with ECW chants but I would imagine a good portion of them are just leaving now.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alundra got them gamecube disc earrings and the delivery of a Mortal Kombat 4 Cutscene

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bull looks fantastic!!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Having undertaker induct 1 dead person per year is messed up but kind of funny too

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I still have this on for some reason. loving JBL standing there while Thunderbolt Patterson was trying to have a moment with Gerald Brisco like Patterson wanted to talk to him.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t have the energy to keep up with WWE these days, but will always try for the big 4 and… hm well I sure hope the packages sell me on the two headline matches looking like the same with but with half the amount of guys on one night.

Always got that hope in me they pull it out just like 30 again, but I’m not sure that’s possible on a 2 night event.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
aww man i was gonna make the Mania thread with the title: State's Evidence presents TKO presents Snickers presents Wrestlemania 40 to Life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don’t have the energy to keep up with WWE these days, but will always try for the big 4 and… hm well I sure hope the packages sell me on the two headline matches looking like the same with but with half the amount of guys on one night.

Always got that hope in me they pull it out just like 30 again, but I’m not sure that’s possible on a 2 night event.

I normally check in but I can't do it this year. I always knew the company was an outlet for an old men's fetish but just how much of it was and willingly really turned me off even wanting to check it out. It will probably be the best one in a bit and also bland and tasteless.