Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Joe Gacy beat Sean Spears on the NXT pre-show.

Current Wrestlemania weekend record: AEW stands 0-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Not blaming the wrestlers but I really really hate how unauthentic and inorganic emotions look in WWE matches. The heel kicks out at 2 and the babyface has to be on his knees shaking like “oh my god I can’t beat him :gonk:” or when a heel is getting heat and the camera mics catch him yelling “give up! Give up! It’s MY time!” or whatever. I like that stuff in matches when it feels believable or makes sense, but it’s clear that NXT agents tell every wrestler to do that in every match and it’s grating.

It’s like they are wrestling AI that’s trained on other matches.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

This is the quietest I’ve ever heard 13000 people be

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

PASS THE MASH posted:

Fed crowds are bizarre. They’ll be loud for every entrance then dead for every match.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Fed crowds are bizarre. They’ll be loud for every entrance then dead for every match.

I dunno, they seem pretty hot to me. But it's also been a really good match too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

drat that stacked DVD was cool

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Codependent Poster posted:

drat that stacked DVD was cool

That whole match owned.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Holy crap! Oba Femi vs. Dijak vs. Josh Briggs has been my match of the weekend so far.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kelani Jordan looks like she's gonna be such a star each time I see her

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I didn't realize wrestling was happening this early today so this is a bonus

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t watch NXT much but when I do it’s always impressive just too much content

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah, I gotta find time to watch all my other trash reality shows too

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t watch NXT much but when I do it’s always impressive just too much content

All 3 matches have been good to outstanding. Nothing to clown on yet. :(

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

PASS THE MASH posted:

They were at the Smackdown/HOF tapings until almost 1 AM last night, with the main guy they were excited for be inducted at 10:30. The rest of that show really dragged at points, especially since they ended the night with Patterson with Rock's grandmother headlining. Not exactly going out on a high note.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i mean i imagine most of the crowd left after said guy talked at 10:30pm, they did that on purpose

mostly i assume this is a crowd with a lot of people who don't know much about current nxt (same!) kinda trying to figure out in real time what everyone's big spots are and who they're supposed to root for. and also were forced to watch baron corbin, which is never good.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Did Knuckles have a former run in NXT? I wonder if he's the former NXT person in the crowed they were teasing.

It's either Knuckles or MJP prolly.

edit: i wish AEW had gotten Roxanne Perez.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

crap, Giulia is #AllNXT.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I love Rok-C but I am so unconvinced by her as a heel

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

I was so surprised earlier when knuckles was just hanging out behind the announce table

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

crap, Giulia is #AllNXT.

There was always the time they showed Kota on camera at NXT Takeover and then he noped out of there. But maybe they learned their lesson from that

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Michael Cole about to chuckle and say “you mean the chaos emeralds?”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Aardvark Barber posted:

I was so surprised earlier when knuckles was just hanging out behind the announce table

I'm not a fan of advertising but if it's going to be Knuckles hanging out behind the announce table and Vault Boy on the outside mats during the FALLOUT NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP match I guess it's not so bad.

Havoc904 posted:

There was always the time they showed Kota on camera at NXT Takeover and then he noped out of there. But maybe they learned their lesson from that

Last I heard Tony wasn't interested, which is nuts imo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Giulia has been confirmed for WWE for what feels like a year now.

She's supposedly staying to help Rossy launch and then head over in the fall.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A guy walking around in a Knuckles costume is the type of silly marketing that I'm fine with

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

awwww i like lyra

*sad wooo*

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

lol giant pop as heel Roxanne Perez wins by tap out.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Was that Rossy sitting next to Regal?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

A guy walking around in a Knuckles costume is the type of silly marketing that I'm fine with

Yeah, I just saw the video of blank faced Knuckles popping up. Then I googled it and love this headline "Dijak punks out Knuckles in EPIC FASHION ahead of WWE NXT Stand & Deliver"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Ilja gonna drag a gentlemens 3 star match out of tony pepperoni

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

this sucks, i don't want to watch the champ sell an injury for literally the entire match.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

is pepsi ok posted:

this sucks, i don't want to watch the champ sell an injury for literally the entire match.

Why do you hate cinema

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

just gonna have a whole rear end conversation in the middle of a title match

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

KungFu Grip posted:

Ilja gonna drag a gentlemens 3 star match out of tony pepperoni

That remains to be seen!

is pepsi ok posted:

this too

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I refuse to believe the mobster gimmick is over enough to be #1 contender for a world title

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They think the Trick Williams vs Carmelo Hayes match is hotter so Tony D is just padding like a Summerslam or Survivor Series title challenger

not sure if it scratched Gentlemen's 2

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

KungFu Grip posted:

They think the Trick Williams vs Carmelo Hayes match is hotter so Tony D is just padding like a Summerslam or Survivor Series title challenger

One would think Trick v Carmelo would be for the belt…

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

KungFu Grip posted:

Worst match of the show. Big fall from Vengeance Day when Ilja had a ***** match with Trick.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

a dumb moron posted:

One would think Trick v Carmelo would be for the belt…

they did like ilja vs carmelo like 4 times and they werent as good as some people kept saying. trick also isnt that good/at that level either

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
jay malachi video is nice to see. him moving up from nxt level up to nxt tv is good because for some reason (a stupid rights deal i assume) nxt level up replays are delayed by two weeks on peacock but nxt is next-day

now am i going to watch anything on nxt tv that isnt jay malachi, no, but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Couldn't we have just made this no DQ instead of "relaxed rules" with multiple ref bumps?