Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Gatts posted:

:( I didn't know which thread to post in since there's no gdt.

RAW after Wrestlemania is basically an extension of Wrestlemania. The comedown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

why did htey change ricochet's sound effect from a ricochet to a gunshot

delightful posted:

Afraid to post in the main WWE thread because of the people who want you to know they aren't watching, despite keeping up on everything that WWE does, all the angles and storylines, and reading every WWE related tweet. Maybe they're the smart ones, they're basically watching WWE without the commercial breaks.

I wouldn't say afraid, it's just pointless

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
imagining if ospreay had signed to wwe and we'd gotten an absolute dogshit runback of one of the most important feuds in the last decade of wrestling

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gatts posted:

:( I didn't know which thread to post in since there's no gdt.

i think i'm going to make one next monday. how much more damage can someone do to my av??

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

was that richochet screaming while drew was powerbombing him lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Intruder posted:

was that richochet screaming while drew was powerbombing him lol

i would too!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i was actually kind of looking forward to this main event so of course they've gone to commercial break 3 times in ten minutes to make up for the commercial free first hour

sorry ricochet, rocky had to monologue

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
The main event of the show is taking up like 14% of the screen. I mean at least make it 50/50 with the commercials. So disrespectful.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

oh i didn't even know it was pip on tv im just watching on the usa stream where its all full screen ads

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PIP beats watching loving UConn win a natty

e: man the crowd is so dead for this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ow ow ow rico mostly hit table on that

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
lol, get rolled Drew

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

not ideal

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Drew is going to kill him.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

who needs a hip bone?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jey Uso vs. Damian Priest as a main event title feud? Ew

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

bold to assume it will be the main event and not going on under some cody multi-man

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ah the classic CM Punk under the ring comes out for a screwjob like Hornswaggle. On Drew.

This Drew vs Punk thing better be a blood death match hell in a cell or something. Not that Punk's body would survive.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Gatts posted:

Ah the classic CM Punk under the ring comes out for a screwjob like Hornswaggle. On Drew.

This Drew vs Punk thing better be a blood death match hell in a cell or something. Not that Punk's body would survive.

He’ll get injured regardless, might as well look cool doing it

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I honestly don’t think Priest will hold the title long.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm currently half way through NXT: Stand and Deliver. It has been ok so far, but you can frequently tell some of these guys and gals are not very good or extremely inexperienced.

Match 1: Axiom & Frazer vs Corbin and Breakker. This great match was made just ok by Corbin being a bad wrestler. Axiom & Frazer have the potential to be a very funny tag team or solo intercontinental type wrestlers. Bron Breakker has Suoerstar potential. Man is a beast and you can tell he is a Steiner. He combined Rick's and Scott's movesets and it was impressive.

Match 2: Dijcak vs Briggs vs Oba Femi
Thus is one of the worst matches I have ever seen and Oba Femi is one of thee worst wrestlers I have ever watched. Frequent missed spots. Frequent botched moves. Awful, awful match and wrestlers.

Match 3: Jayne, James, & Dame vs Hail, Henley, & Jordan
None of these wrestlers were out right bad, but inexperience show through. The match itself was ok, but a bit of a mess making it just ok.

The Knuckles Mascot being featured frequently is funny. I guess Booker T's announcer gimmick is "Horny"?

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm currently half way through NXT: Stand and Deliver. It has been ok so far, but you can frequently tell some of these guys and gals are not very good or extremely inexperienced.

Match 1: Axiom & Frazer vs Corbin and Breakker. This great match was made just ok by Corbin being a bad wrestler. Axiom & Frazer have the potential to be a very funny tag team or solo intercontinental type wrestlers. Bron Breakker has Suoerstar potential. Man is a beast and you can tell he is a Steiner. He combined Rick's and Scott's movesets and it was impressive.

I haven't watched NXT in any variation since...Bobby Roode was champ, I think, I honestly thought Axiom was a CAW that New Legacy Inc made for 2k gameplay videos

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It's crazy that people look fondly on the Triple H era of NXT where they were producing Takeovers with nonstop bangers every other month by bringing in the best talent from the indies. Where I watched a house show in a theater where the floor and the ring was slanted, I went to Takeovers where the entire upper deck was tarped off at Allstate Arena.

Now NXT is somehow doing their biggest arena show ever while the product is dogshit.

I don't get it

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
wwe fans aren't interested in wrestling so it makes sense to me

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

Match 2: Dijcak vs Briggs vs Oba Femi
Thus is one of the worst matches I have ever seen and Oba Femi is one of thee worst wrestlers I have ever watched. Frequent missed spots. Frequent botched moves. Awful, awful match and wrestlers.

WHAT THE gently caress!?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Finished up Stand and Deliver.
Match 5: Perez Vs Valkyria
was pretty good. Lots of fun moves and both can sell it pretty well.
Match 6: Dragunov VS D'Angelo
Was a fun match to watch. D'Angelo isn't as good as Dragunov and it showed. Enjoyed it still.
Match 7: Williams VS Hayes
Kind of a bleh main event centered on a fued I knew nothing about with no belts at stake.

NXT 4/9/24
Perez is a decent wrestler, but not very good at promos. Lol
The lesd in promo with chase U was very funny. What and odd gimmick this is.
Match 1: James & Dames VS Henley & Jordan
Fun match to watch. All 4 women are competent to good wrestlers giving us a good show.
Match 2: Scrytps VS Evans
This is Evans TV premier and frankly he was good but some rough edges. The match was fun to watch to watch.
Match 3: Natalya VS Perez
A good match made bad by the lovely ending.
Match 4: The Family VS No Quarter Catch Crew
Awful match. No redeeming qualities.
Match 5: Parker VS Reece
Mid Match. Skippable
I guess Ivar is going to job to Oba Femi. Oba also has zero charisma. Everything I've seen from him has sucked so far.
Match 6: The Wolf Dogs VS Frazer and Axiom
What a great match. The 2 teams work well together and against each other. Corbin is still the weakest of the 4, but overall a very fun and good match to watch.
I don't care about this Final Testament thing lol
Last promo was Williams challenging The Czar. This will be a all or nothing for Williams and he will have to leave NXT if he loses, but first Williams has to get through a steel cage match against Melo next week during NXT Spring Breakin'

Overall my first experience with NXT was positive. I think I will watch more. I'm also interested to see who will get called up to Raw or Smackdown. I could see The Czar or Wolf Dogs go.

An Taoiseach posted:

I haven't watched NXT in any variation since...Bobby Roode was champ, I think, I honestly thought Axiom was a CAW that New Legacy Inc made for 2k gameplay videos

He is a high flyer, flippy small guy. Him and Frazer are fun to watch.

1glitch0 posted:

WHAT THE gently caress!?

Which part?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Dijack vs Briggs vs Oba Femi owned

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

Dijack vs Briggs vs Oba Femi owned

We will have to disagree 🤝

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

We will have to disagree 🤝

Well, we'll always have our mutual love for JK Rowlings.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Main Event 4/10/24
Match 1: women's tag team wasn't good.
Match 2: Ivar vs Creed brother was OK. Nothing fancy, and Ivar is fun to watch.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hoot brother you can not watch main event, it really never gonna be better than that. Better off watching Saturday Night Main event from the 1980s, much better.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

Hoot brother you can not watch main event, it really never gonna be better than that. Better off watching Saturday Night Main event from the 1980s, much better.

I only watch the 2 matches and fast forward the recap, but yes I am thinking of not watching it. The first episode I watched had a great match Akira Tozawa and Jinder Mahal.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

main event got 1 viewer this week.

Tozawa does own though

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Smackdown 4/12/24
Cody promo where he talks about how everyone is coming for him now, outlines rock will be back for a fued later in the year, and an undertone of paranoia.
Match 1: All Mighty vs LA Knight vs Escobar
triple threat no DQ for a chance to go against Cody. Fun match with LA Knight coming out on too after street profits save him and Lashley.
Lwo promo that didn't matter.
Bloodline promo where solo sikoa throws out Jimmy Uso and kayfabe injures him, brings out Tama Tonga, and setting up him overthrowing Roman Reigns. Heyman is worried and scared guessing he will betray solo for betraying the tribal chief. Very fun and shocking promo.
Match 2: Bron Breakker vs Cameron Grimes
Some missed studf, but god drat Bron is already fun to watch. Breakker's Steiner line is a thing of beauty. I'm guessing he is drafted this year.

Edit: didn't mean to post this yet.
Bayley promo. Her new entrance theme is so good. Stratton interrupts and says she wants a match against Bayley, but Bayley says no she wants Naomi. This leads into match 3 for a chance at Bayley.
Match 3: Naomi VS Stratton
This match was not very good. Naomi wins.
Theory and Waller promo. Both of these guys are fun to hate.
Logan Paul promo. Again great to hate this guy.

Edit: time to finish
Match 4: Green & Nivan vs Cargill & Belair
They are building Cargill up way too much lol and lol at them telling her no more tongue when pinning. I still like Green and Nivan as fun heels.
KO promo. I think I really like this guy. He is a fun.
Match 5: KO vs Mysterio vs Styles
triple threat for the chance to go against Cody. A Hella good match. I'm pumped for the Knight Vs Styles rematch for who goes against Cody at Backlash.

Overall I really enjoyed this episode.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 13, 2024

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm just watching the NXT show on Tuesdays, and it's a perfect equal mix of some of the worst fuckin promos and gimmicks thrown in with am occasionally banger match like this week's Ilja vs Jay Malachi (J'Von Whatever they renamed him). This week was a rough one though, promo wise. Everyone is so goddamn awkward on the mic.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Smackdown 4/12/24
Cody promo where he talks about how everyone is coming for him now, outlines rock will be back for a fued later in the year, and an undertone of paranoia.
Match 1: All Mighty vs LA Knight vs Escobar
triple threat no DQ for a chance to go against Cody. Fun match with LA Knight coming out on too after street profits save him and Lashley.
Lwo promo that didn't matter.
Bloodline promo where solo sikoa throws out Jimmy Uso and kayfabe injures him, brings out Tama Tonga, and setting up him overthrowing Roman Reigns. Heyman is worried and scared guessing he will betray solo for betraying the tribal chief. Very fun and shocking promo.
Match 2: Bron Breakker vs Cameron Grimes
Some missed studf, but god drat Bron is already fun to watch. Breakker's Steiner line is a thing of beauty. I'm guessing he is drafted this year.

Edit: didn't mean to post this yet.
Bayley promo. Her new entrance theme is so good. Stratton interrupts and says she wants a match against Bayley, but Bayley says no she wants Naomi. This leads into match 3 for a chance at Bayley.
Match 3: Naomi VS Stratton
This match was not very good. Naomi wins.
Theory and Waller promo. Both of these guys are fun to hate.
Logan Paul promo. Again great to hate this guy.

Edit: time to finish
Match 4: Green & Nivan vs Cargill & Belair
They are building Cargill up way too much lol and lol at them telling her no more tongue when pinning. I still like Green and Nivan as fun heels.
KO promo. I think I really like this guy. He is a fun.
Match 5: KO vs Mysterio vs Styles
triple threat for the chance to go against Cody. A Hella good match. I'm pumped for the Knight Vs Styles rematch for who goes against Cody at Backlash.

Overall I really enjoyed this episode.

cant wait for this poo poo to degrade like a resident evil note

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

cant wait for this poo poo to degrade like a resident evil note

itchy

tasty

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

SLOB poo poo load of blood

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I did raw, nxt, and main event in the other thread this week.

Smackdown 4/19/24
Match 1: AJ Styles VS LA Knight
I liked this match, but it really should have been a main event match. It was an enjoyable watch.
We now know Styles will be Rhodes first official opponent at Backlash. should be a decent match.

Bloodline has arrived with more Solo usurping Roman and is looking for KO.
Unveiling of the belts promo. Really like these belts. The raw belts should have looked similar to these.

Match 2: 4 way tag team match
Street Profits vs AOP vs Legado Del Fantasma vs New Catch Republic
Match was a bit busy and hurt by the 2 commercial interruptions. Overall though it was very fun to watch and all 4 teams looked good. Street Profits will now face Theory & Waller for the belts.

Bloodline promo. Heyman starts off saying stuff until Sikoa takes the mic away because he is displeased by what Paul is saying. They get interrupted by a bloody KO being driven towards the ring by Tonga. Officials show up and pull KO out and sikoa says some more things. KO charges the ring beating down Tonga then sikoa before getting taken out by both men. Security and Aldis show up and the Bloodline attacks some of them. Cuts to commercial. We then come back to Aldis yelling at Heyman it is then revealed that KO was injured by Tama ramming his car into KO's car and dragging him into the area. Aldis tells Heyman he has to get the Bloodline under control or there will be consequences. This promo was pretty good.

Match 3: Carlito vs Escobar
This match sucked. Carlito looked old and Escobar is never very good. Lopez and Vega were both there and they both suck too.

Promo with Damage CTRL that is interrupted by Cargill and Blair. They play Cargill's music for this interruption. Bianca and Cargill will be going after the tag team titles Damage CTRL have. Bianca has been pushed to 2nd fiddle for Jade. This feels like a huge misstep. We will see how it plays out.

Match 4: Bayley vs Naomi
This match ended OK, but started off bad. There were a bunch of missed spots and it is always hard to tell who is at fault, but this happens a lot when Naomi is in the ring regardless of who she is against. I did like Naomi's outfit for once. It wasn't too busy like the rest I've seen. It ends with some Tiffy Time interference setting up Bayley vs Tiff. I'm kind of digging Tiffany Stratton.

Overall I enjoyed the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Styles and Cody will have a great match I’m sure but what was the point of LA Knight going over at Mania if AJ was gonna get the title shot?