Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I am not around ##vote egalz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote Egalz

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is plurality at least, so that’s a plus

God idk why I keep forgetting this

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

EGalz18 (5): PhantomMuzzles, SporkChan, Hal Incandenza, Your Personal Muse, Johnny Keats

Not Voting (1): EGalz18

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 21st, 2024 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 minutes.

Today's vote is by PLURALITY. The player with the most votes at the end of the day will be discarded.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

And that's it for Day 4.

Also for The Fool, whose journey is over.

EGalz was SCUM aligned.

TOWN WINS!

Thank you all for playing and for patiently waiting out this day.

Limbo and all chats will be available soon. Spoiled, at last.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
when was the last all-lurker scum team?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Wow, it really was all lurker. No shade to the scum team intended

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I'm afraid if I run another game I'm gonna have to insist on a minimum post per day.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Sometimes life just gets in the way, it happens.

This was a really fun game Rhymes, loved the theme.

Also, I didn't see them all so I couldn't be sure, but was every card from a different Tarot deck?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Perhaps the Fool… had errands

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks for running this RWC, it was definitely a cool idea

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah sorry, one of my teammates completely disappeared, I got surprised with a work trip when I'm not supposed to ever have to travel for work, and I was pretty bummed by how stacked this setup felt against us from the jump.

Good game regardless.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

The players' cards were from different decks. There may have been some overlap.

lih
May 15, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah sorry, one of my teammates completely disappeared, I got surprised with a work trip when I'm not supposed to ever have to travel for work, and I was pretty bummed by how stacked this setup felt against us from the jump.

Good game regardless.

yeah i think it's a very high variance setup - it could easily favour scum much more if you'd been dealt better cards, that seems like it went about as badly as possible for you.

my one complaint is that the op was a bit inaccurate about maugrim's role, causing unnecessary confusion there.

thanks for running this rwc!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
gg yea this was bad luck for scum all around.

Thanks for the game!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Thank you so much for running this RWC! And for putting me and Hal in the dog lovers masonry :)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Mr. Humalong posted:

Good game regardless.

Really bad rolls for scum all around.

Everyone claiming N1 was strange and unexpected.

Hum, your masonry chat was pretty good. I can definitely see why Keats townread you most of the game.

lih
May 15, 2013

my suspicion before the game was that claiming d1 was bad for town but claiming d2 would probably be rather good for town? and that turned out to be correct

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Thanks for running, RwC!

I like that this is repeatable. High-variance setup, but that's probably okay? The different tarot decks was a nice touch.

It's an interesting setup because everything being a one-shot meant endgame was actually pretty vanilla-y, but all the possibilities upfront make it a challenge.

It "felt" closer to a closed-setup than any other open setup I've played. And the randomness of assignments made it fruitless to setup spec, so it's actually more of a challenge in some respects vs. typical closed setup, medium-power games.

In the future, would want to explicitly clarify that "plurality" days will keep going even if a player hits the majority votes. And clarify the vig action details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Rhymes With Clue posted:

So the town firing squad lined up and took aim. Only one had a bullet, and no one knew who it was.

Shots were fired!

And now, the Emperor is dead! Anarchy! Panic in the streets!

Also, dancing in the streets.

Mr. Humalong, the Emperor, was SCUM aligned, and is now in Limbo.

Amid the lamentations and celebrations, they barely noticed at first that The World had ended.

Lih was TOWN aligned, and is now in Limbo.

Today’s card is:

9. The Hermit. Even though The Hermit has summited the mountain, he is still searching for answers.

If the vote is tied today, both players will die. If more than two players are tied, two will be selected at random.

Living Players

EGalz18 (She/Her)
Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
Johnny Keats
SporkChan (He/Him)
PhantomMuzzles
Your Personal Muse

Two cards from the same deck appeared in the same post