Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Just learned that Friendly’s discontinued the watermelon roll a few years ago. I’ve been wondering why I can’t find it anymore but that possibility seemed inconceivable! :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

Just learned that Friendly’s discontinued the watermelon roll a few years ago. I’ve been wondering why I can’t find it anymore but that possibility seemed inconceivable! :(

Friendly’s has been slowly discontinuing itself for the last 15 years.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

tabasco_hijikata posted:

only one page for ice cream thread is crazyy

I live in the UK, and consequently only feel warm enough to enjoy ice cream two months a year. Winter is not prime ice cream posting season.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I make my own. Vanilla custard: 3 cups dairy (usually 2 cups heavy cream, 1 cup milk, but can vary), eighth teaspoon of salt, 5 eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, simmer til 160 degrees Fahrenheit, add 2 vanilla beans or 2 tsp vanilla extract/paste, cool in fridge. Add Nutella when the mixer is almost done.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

AvesPKS posted:

eighth teaspoon of salt,

Is that "eight teaspoons of salt" or "an eighth of a teaspoon of salt"?

I feel like that is important, but one seems like so little, and the other seems like a lot.

I'm guessing the one that is more because the other seems like too little to make a difference?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

it’s gotta be 1/8th of a tsp, little goes a long way

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Twenty Four posted:

Is that "eight teaspoons of salt" or "an eighth of a teaspoon of salt"?

I feel like that is important, but one seems like so little, and the other seems like a lot.

I'm guessing the one that is more because the other seems like too little to make a difference?

One eighth, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

AvesPKS posted:

One eighth, sorry.

No need to be sorry, my bad, poor inebriated reading comprehension the other night on my part. It still seems like so very little, but I guess apparently:

WEH posted:

it’s gotta be 1/8th of a tsp, little goes a long way

I guess I was thinking "I like salted caramel ice cream". Also since you were talking about making your own ice cream, there's those old do-it-yourself at home things that involve a tub with a crank and an outside ring full of ice and a bunch of salt if I remember correctly, though the salt doesn't actually get mixed in anyhow.