Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

syntaxfunction posted:

"I can't be broke, my employer has been in business for 100 years!"

Reminds me of these guys: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kong%C5%8D_Gumi

1400 years of business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Pontificating rear end posted:

If you completely cease to exist when you die you would be dead right now.

I had no idea Jaden Smith was a goon

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My eyes were born dead.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
They call em fingers but you ever see them fing?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Ohhhhh, now I get it. Miscarriages happen when there's no available soul to reincarnate.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The iron that is in your every blood cell.... our very blood, forged in the fires of an exploding star. Long ago....

Not from our Sun. Some other star, long exploded, long ago, probably more than one...

We are brother/sister to the Sun, made of exactly the same stuff.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Some souls are just so good they get an immediate upgrade.

Can someone who is part of a religion that believes in reincarnation remind me of the soul hierarchy again.

Does it go human>cow>bird>magical mythological animal>nirvana? Am I missing some animals? Is the order wrong?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Some interpretations of reincarnation also attribute wealth to whether you're a good person or not. Born into money? You were amazing last life. Born into poverty? Probably a piece of poo poo.

This is a very normal and sensible thing of course, and not at all designed with ulterior motives.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Some souls are just so good they get an immediate upgrade.

Can someone who is part of a religion that believes in reincarnation remind me of the soul hierarchy again.

Does it go human>cow>bird>magical mythological animal>nirvana? Am I missing some animals? Is the order wrong?

Traditionally karma is the currency to determine future reincarnation; poor karma and you come back a wombat or pubic lice; good karma and you come back a Kardashian or a Bishop or something.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In one of them, I think Hinduism, cow and bird are higher on the hierarchy. So a particularly good human could be reincarnated as a cow or a chicken. Now, I don't know if you've notice the sort of lives cows and chickens tend to live but for one would sin on purpose to avoid being reincarnated as one if I believed in that horseshit.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

In one of them, I think Hinduism, cow and bird are higher on the hierarchy. So a particularly good human could be reincarnated as a cow or a chicken. Now, I don't know if you've notice the sort of lives cows and chickens tend to live but for one would sin on purpose to avoid being reincarnated as one if I believed in that horseshit.

Pictured: the final cycle of Samsara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You should just be able to buy yourself karma credits. An indulgence if you will