Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The soul must be forged in a cage of flesh then released by death to move onto the next cycle of its growth. This is how it all works, but when you get to the afterlife you have to do a lot of paperwork. It's crazy amounts the younger you die the less paperwork you have to do. Your brain only starts growing once it realizes it has to prepare for doing tons of paperwork. Some brains just don't get it and are really unprepared for the paperwork because something went wrong. Generally, doing the paperwork is what's implanted as your subconscious goal, so at the end of everything you'll at least be able to know enough to get through it, but if you're a baby or something then you don't have to do any paperwork if you're unfortunate enough to go that early, so that's why babies are really dumb and don't know anything, they're still at the state where being smart enough to do paperwork isn't necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pac and Cheese posted:

i had a bad trip once where i was obsessing over the cycle of samsara and the yuga cycle and the everett many worlds theory and thought that possibilities would contract and expand over the course of 1000 years or so and i was stuck in this condensed part of reality where i had no free will and couldn't do anything about it. diagram attached, the arrow is where i was

I was on LSD with my friends once and at one point we all were startled and chilled to our cores because some creepy child's voice wascoming from downstairs. Anyway it turned out we had put A Phantom Menace on downstairs and in our acid fueled haze we had completely forgot about it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Devils Affricate posted:

The quantum uncertainty principle has nothing to do with consciousness. Conscious observation doesn't change anything in the physical world. That's all just new age woo bullshit.

I actually manifested this post. I imagined you making this post exactly and it now manifested.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I just got rung up by God. He's shutting the thread down.. someone got too close to the truth im not saying who.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I always thought a neat plot device for some horror movie or thriller or whatever would be the discovery that there were only ever a few souls to go around that would have to be divided up for the living, and as the human population grew and grew, the integrity of these souls was stretched thinner and thinner to accommodate for every current living human, and it causes a violent descent into some sort of societal decay or hell on earth situation.

But that doesn't really stack up to the fact that people used to burn people alive in front of a town's population for minor poo poo, or that racism was so very, very worse the farther back you go. We got problems, absolutely but the past is always more brutal.

The Obsidian game Pillars of Eternity

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pac and Cheese posted:

nobody should ever put a ghost inside a child

The children are inviting spirits in. That's why kids these days are so demonic.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My dad reincarnated as ur dad

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ginette Reno posted:

The thing that always fucks me up thinking about this is why am I the person that I am? I don't mean like why I am the way I am but why am I this brain controlling this body? Why am I not someone else? I could have been anyone else in history but here I am existing at this time in this body with this brain. How the hell does that work and why am I not anyone else?

I don't know that that premise necessarily leads me to reincarnation (or anything else) but it does make my tiny pea brain hurt thinking about it.

All our existences are cosmological miracles imo, your swimmer was the one whose material successfully achieved fertilization. That's crazy odds.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

We're in the dead magic zone.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hammerite posted:

souls are an energy field permeating the universe, like the force or some poo poo. in 200 years some physicist is gonna receive the nobel prize for finding the soul boson or w/e

I can't wait to monetize it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smugworth posted:

I was a tree in my previous life

Feel the wind burn through my skin
The pain, the air is killing me
For years my limbs stretched to the sky
A nest for birds to sit and sing

But now my branches suffer
And my leaves don't bear the glow
They did so long ago

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SlenderMALE

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

syntaxfunction posted:

If souls are made of matter and they inhabit a body wouldn't that show up on scans and stuff? Or is it quantum matter where when you observe it then it isn't matter. Because quantum.

Same way we can't physically detect that u a buster and a mark but we all know it anyway

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

syntaxfunction posted:

What's a buster is that some old timey slang or something

smDh

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Bible posted:

Not really. There's no difference between this and outright fantasy.

Whats yo fan-ta-ta-see

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

YOUR BROTHER'S SOUL IS MINE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Just got back from the afterlife. I'm sorry to say but Heaven's legislature has just passed new regulation which means even more paperwork on entry. You're looking at a couple of millenia of paperwork before they even let you in the door.