Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What about it doesn't make sense? That not all of them are?

E: Anyway the answer is their parents are woo-woo new aged imbeciles for whom my contempt knows no limits and they coached them, either on purpose for attention or just accidentally while trying to figure out who their special indigo child was reincarnated from.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How many 3 year olds with the soul of a bronze age farmer could you beat up?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That's where groove is. No, it has to be somewhere else.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

syntaxfunction posted:

Citing physics to prove the existence of a soul or reincarnation or mindreading is like citing gastronomy to prove that dragons are real.

Well if it's a recipe for roast loving dragon why not? Why would someone go to the trouble?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The Bible posted:

If the soul were real though there would be no reason it couldn't be proven to exist.

If dragons are reptiles then they'll be crawling with salmonella. There's a reason we typically don't eat reptiles.

Now I'm waiting for someone to post actual reptiles that are eaten.

Chicken is riddled with salmonella and we eat more of them than anything else but we eat 12 times more lizards than fish.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

OMFG FURRY posted:

why is the pug getting sluttier

A complete lack of restrictions and oversight for dog breeders.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's a big lady out in space just floating about with her legs open and that new souls are eternally wafting out of

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Ahhh the Mormon theory of souls

Is it correct though? Maybe the James Webb telescope will tell us

Maybe if those nerds at nasa were looking out there for hot babes instead of quasars and pulsars but until then you'll just have to take my word for it and you're not calling me a liar are you?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

redshirt posted:

Name one shark with a soul. I'll wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYonjn1oYcQ

Shark = water dog go pat some today

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No it's the events those stories are based on that make him real.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pontificating rear end posted:

Believing in a spiritual soul is a fantasy? You really think a person dies forever and there is nothingness for all infinity (even though there is actually provably somethingness for all infinity)? Call me the quantum soul guy, but I'm guessing what you believe is a nihilistic oversimplification mostly influenced by conventional physics?

Too far imo. It was the conventional physics line that did it. I'd have gone with "science communicators" or "youtube physics videos" or something less on the nose. At least, that's what I believe.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Sceptics my rear end. Been here for 22 years while holding the insane rear end belief that there's a rogue, unconventional physics that the universe really operates by without being well known as the crackpot "secret physics goon"?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pontificating rear end posted:

You're just putting words in my mouth, I only said it was unprovable, which it is, objectively. You have exactly as much evidence one way as I do the other

How do you know that a soul isn't detectable? You'd think someone that believes so strongly in the concept of a soul would be all "Of course they're real. They're inside everybody. Go get all that fancy science equipment and have a gander you're gonna see that I'm right." But no, right off the bat "UNPROVABLE! Objectively can never be proven!"

Did you know we've detected loving neutrinos but I guess our technology is still not sensitive enough to find all that soul stuff that's apparently everywhere.

God dammit I fell for it. :mad:

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 24, 2024

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
People that say nothing happens when you die don't need any kind of evidence to support that notion. They're not proposing anything. They're not putting any idea on the table.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Do you mean like the Ghostbusters?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Some souls are just so good they get an immediate upgrade.

Can someone who is part of a religion that believes in reincarnation remind me of the soul hierarchy again.

Does it go human>cow>bird>magical mythological animal>nirvana? Am I missing some animals? Is the order wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In one of them, I think Hinduism, cow and bird are higher on the hierarchy. So a particularly good human could be reincarnated as a cow or a chicken. Now, I don't know if you've notice the sort of lives cows and chickens tend to live but for one would sin on purpose to avoid being reincarnated as one if I believed in that horseshit.