Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

kntfkr posted:

Death is not the end OP. No one knows how souls work. HTH

Nuhuh, I do but I won't tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly idk it makes no sense that consciousness exists to be destroyed so it stands to reason it probably has to go somewhere

Until you start reading about split brain patients and then everything you understand as being yourself becomes a joke.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

les enfants Terrific! posted:

What if I ask really, really nicely?

Hmmm, okay but you have to promise not to tell anyone!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Hollismason posted:

I read up on this and the evidence suggests that there are not in fact two consciousness in split brain patients. Although its loving crazy to read about.

Right I don't mean it makes you into two people, but more the fact it breaks down what we understand as being ourselves. It's pretty much all just a hosed up illusion to make our brain activity make sense.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bad Purchase posted:

what’s the overlap with people believing 3 year olds are recalling past lives with people big into UFOs? it’s gotta be drat near the exact same set of people right?

I'm not sure but it's definitely an overlapping circle of people believing stories of people being "medically dead", especially children, who say for the couple minutes they were "dead" that they saw heaven or hell.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

500excf type r posted:

when youre such a hater nerd that your venn diagram is also a square

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

syntaxfunction posted:

It's always kind of telling this sort of magic thought logic is pretty much always Christian-centric, with a splash of vague "orientalism" to make it seem more palatable.

Either that or the Hindus are right and we just keep ignoring all the times kids say "I was a bug!"

When I was like 3 or 4 I used to put a blanket on the floor and pretend I was a joey in a kangaroo pouch. I also used to stuff my shirt with laundry and pretend I was pregnant then walk in the living room and dump it all on the floor saying it was my baby. Or put a pillow in my shirt pretending I was a fat dad. Or I'd roll around like a rolypoly.

This is all irrefutable evidence of my past lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things