Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Smugworth posted:

I hate hater nerds, if I see a hater nerd Imma slap the poo poo out of em

You ain’t gonna do drat thing about it, dork.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol dawg how can meditation “really gently caress you up” haha

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

*downward dogs, coquettishly* gently caress me up fam!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

redshirt posted:

Eventually all becomes One, that then begins a new Universe.

Sucks

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Merging my consciousness with the unified godhead sounds lame leave me alone.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:hmmyes:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pontificating rear end posted:

I didnt make anything up, you expect me to provide evidence of the soul with cited sources on the somethingawful forums, seriously bros? My entire argument literally fell back to "this is all unprovable so believe whatever you want." You guys know nothing more than I do, and the "evidence" everyone ignores is a pervasive infinite somethingness. Even the emptiest vacuums of space are filled with something.

I'm not telling myself this to feel better; this life is trash and dying forever and all infinity would honestly be an eye-rollingly expected conclusion after spending an entire life slapping around in the mud with a bunch of tiny-brained know-it-all cosmic horrors on garbage planet.

:chloe:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

syntaxfunction posted:

You know the wild thing is someone choosing to believe in heaven, or an afterlife, or reincarnation is really quite milquetoast and inoffensive. It only gets weird and a lil culty when people insist that they've figured it out and everyone else is dumb/naive/ignorant/a malcontent/etc.

"Everything is vague and unknowable except the things I personally believe" is a brave and courageous statement and people are heroes for saying it ngl

What

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pontificating rear end posted:

Y'all talk about "burden of proof" like Im prosecuting someone in court, it doesn't even apply. There is 0 evidence you dissipate into nothingness when you die, however reincarnation simply implies you live again-- it's NOT the same as "you turn into a butt" which is provably insane. Studies like this are more evidence than you guys have (none):

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26299061/
https://www.scientificamerican.com/...ly-just-cynics/

Meaning I'm not making this up out of nothing, it's a culturally significant and fairly simple concept that millions or billions of people have believed (however not a single conscious individual has ever believed you will turn into a butt).
Now that I have more evidence than your side, the burden of proof is on you because we get to use that term however we want.

Yeeeesh

Edit: I am way more embarrassed for you, a poster, than I should be.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The pontificating rear end post is a banger. Awesome mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My eyes were born dead.