Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I misread the thread title as “It doesn’t make sense how many 3 year olds are seemingly incarcerated” and I was very upset for a few seconds.
They're in time out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

:lol: when you find a kid who was raised in complete isolation start talking about who they were in a previous life including social security number, birth date, and last three known addresses get back to me.
After OP dies they should have to log back on to their forums account and post in this thread from their next life in exactly in 3.75 years

mystes
May 31, 2006

Bad Purchase posted:

what’s the overlap with people believing 3 year olds are recalling past lives with people big into UFOs? it’s gotta be drat near the exact same set of people right?
Maybe the 3 year olds are reincarnations of ancient aliens?

If you can only be reincarnated from being that lived on the same planet, it can't be based on fixed location, since everything in the universe is moving, so the reason must be that the souls must get trapped in the Earth's gravitational field. Therefore, if there were ancient aliens on the Earth who built the pyramids, it stands to reason that their souls are still in circulation on this planet.

mystes
May 31, 2006

There is definitely a surprising amount of overlap between weird pseudoscientific/new age beliefs that you would normally expect would be mutually incompatible.

I imagine there are a lot of people who believe in both memories of past lives and alien abductions

mystes
May 31, 2006

Esplanade posted:

Is it always 3 year olds?

Like, what happened 3 years ago to let a bunch of souls loose in our plane?
Obviously 3 is the sweet spot where kids are able to talk but haven't quite forgotten their past lives yet

mystes
May 31, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

Ever notice no one is ever the reincarnation of like just the worst people? Like no one is ever "oh yeah I'm a serial sex pest who died during auto erotic asphyxiation in my gooning cave while kicking puppies".

Those are bad souls, so they don't get reincarnated is the cop out answer is guess, which is both lame *and* dumb as an answer.
If you had memories from your past life as a "serial sex pest who died during auto erotic asphyxiation in [your] gooning cave while kicking puppies" would you go around telling people about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Disco Pope posted:

Mike Tyson isn't dead, so these 3 year olds running around with duplicates of his soul are pretty troubling, existentially and metaphysically.
Maybe souls can time travel

mystes fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 19, 2024