Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

for sure kill josef

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
alas I guessed wrong

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Scum genuinely have me perplexed, sorry my dead townfriends

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to postgame obs chat about how it was obviously so and so

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Yeah not buying this at all. lih did a ton of night action bingo puzzling last night and we coordinated our roleblocks and the only thing to do is ##vote Josef

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Dammit josef I intentionally left myself vulnerable last night so you could just go ahead and kill me :argh:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: JosefStalinator was actually town, I can't believe you all.

Votecount for Day 5

JosefStalinator (4): PhantomMuzzles, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous

Not Voting (5): Illusionis, Jose Valasquez, JosefStalinator, Opopanax, Your Personal Muse

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 28th, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
No one was executed on day 5!

It is now night 5!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
"We're all in suspense! What a great season this has been!"

PhantomMuzzles - a drop bear who's holding a whack-a-mole mallet in one hand and a 5 dollar footlong in the other - SCUM aligned was digested by stomach acids on night 5!

You are a drop bear who's holding a whack-a-mole mallet in one hand and a 5 dollar footlong in the other?

Dimension - Crytozoology A2
Designation - Altered Cryptid
Alignment - scum
Abilities - Drop Bear, Whack a mole mallet, 5 Dollar Footlong

Drop Bear - Just your own terrifying self is powerful, At night, you may target another player, you will then drop out of a tree onto the player and devour them. This counts as a kill and has the Ninja modifier (You cannot be tracked or watched when doing this action)

Whack a mole mallet - If you're feeling a little less aggressive than your normal self you can bonk someone at night roleblocking them.

5 dollar footlong - If you're feeling a bit peckish you can eat the footlong, this will protect you from death for a full night/day cycle (The night you use it you will be protected from all kills, the following day you will also be protected from being the execution or any dayvigs as if you had deathproof)"

You are scum aligned and win when scum control the vote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Illusionis - Skanderbeg, Iskander Bey, Albanian Scourge of the Ottomans - Town aligned was killed on night 5!

You are Skanderbeg, Iskander Bey, Albanian Scourge of the Ottomans

Dimension - Historic M1
Designation - Historical Figure
Alignment - town
Abilities - Outstanding Leader, Good at War, Albanian Hero

Outstanding Leader - You are an excellent leader, each night you may target another player, that player will be both protected from kills and empowered (immune to roleblocks and jails). You may not target yourself with this ability but can target the same player in a row if you want.

Good At War - You really know how to get another dude to kill another dude for you real good. Pick a player at night, that player will kill a second player of your choice. Each time you use this ability pick one from the following list: Strongman (Bypasses doc protects, jails, and roleblocks), Ninja (can't bee seen by trackers or watchers), Poison (The target dies the night after being targeted). You can only use each kill modifier once. Once each of those killing abilities are used once you can no longer use Good at War.

Albanian Hero - You are a near mythological Albanian Hero and are loved by the people, you have the Loved 1 ability meaning you require one more vote than normal to execute.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated

A list of players who visited someone:
Illusionis

It is now day 6!

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 28, 2024

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (4): Jose Valasquez, JosefStalinator, Opopanax, Your Personal Muse

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 30th, 2024 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Nothing to do but ##vote YPM I suppose

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Got shot Josef, that was a laughable vote by Phantom

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##ITS HAPPENING JoseV

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Jose Valasquez really stepped in it this time!

Votecount for Day 6

Jose Valasquez (3): Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous
Your Personal Muse (1): Jose Valasquez

Not Voting (3): JosefStalinator, Opopanax, Your Personal Muse

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 30th, 2024 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Your Personal Muse posted:

##ITS HAPPENING JoseV

The flags fall, and land on JoseV. 3 votes are placed on jose v.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
JoseV - World renowned mod, CapitalistPig - town aligned was executed on day 6!

You are World renowned mod, CapitalistPig

Dimension - The Best Dimension A1
Designation - An Excellent choice
Alignment - town
Abilities - Literally the Best Mod, Very Humble, Why yes, I do enjoy a little chaos.

Literally the best mod - Congratulations, you have stumbled on a surefire way to attain great power. You are the mod of the game.
You will be able to use these abilities each one time during the game:
Bomb - If you are targeted with a kill at night your attacker will also die.

Lie Detector - You may target a single post made in the thread during the game, the post cannot contain a player stating they are of a certain alignment , for example, any post that contains any variation of "I am town" is an invalid choice for detection.

You will learn if a lie was told in that post. You receive results of "Lie" or "No Lie" with no other context.

Doctor - You may choose another player at night, that player will be protected from kills. You can use this on yourself.

Very Humble - I am very humble it is true, I'm so amazing and humble. Once per game you may activate this ability, any action targeting you that night will fail, even abilities that say nothing can make them fail.

Why yes, I do enjoy a little chaos - Once per game you can target the entire game, there will be a 40% chance for each player not including you to die.

It is now night 6!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Opopanax - Naked Mole Rat. Just a regular one - Town aligned was killed on night 6.

You are a Naked Mole Rat. Just a regular one

Dimension - Beings X0
Designation - Nonfictional Living creature
Alignment - town
Abilities - Pain insensitivity, Burrowing, Also known as the sand puppy

Pain insensitivity - The skin of naked mole-rats lacks neurotransmitters in their cutaneous sensory fibers. As a result, the naked mole-rats feel no pain when they are exposed to acid or capsaicin. You ignore any kill that relates to acid/acidity/chemicals/or hot peppers.

Burrowing - At night you can choose to Burrow which acts as a hide making you untargetable by night actions. This may not be used two nights in a row.

Also known as the sand puppy - Sand puppy, can't get much more adorable than that, you have loved 2 which means you require 2 more votes than normal to execute.

"Here it is folks, the only two living contestants enter the arena, The secret feeling that almost everyone shares that, when in an auditorium that has a row of different countries flags and listening to someone drone on and on about something no one cares about, that a slightly tipped over flag at the end of the row will eventually fall over and hit another flag, creating a domino effect that eventually leaves all of the flags on the ground slowly stalking the inexplicably, infinitely inflating yoshi who is now so big no one can possibly ignore him. Quick on the draw , The secret feeling that almost everyone shares that, when in an auditorium that has a row of different countries flags and listening to someone drone on and on about something no one cares about, that a slightly tipped over flag at the end of the row will eventually fall over and hit another flag, creating a domino effect that eventually leaves all of the flags on the ground instantly votes the poor yoshi, ending the day, however, the inexplicably, infinitely inflating yoshi has one protective scale left going into the night, The secret feeling that almost everyone shares that, when in an auditorium that has a row of different countries flags and listening to someone drone on and on about something no one cares about, that a slightly tipped over flag at the end of the row will eventually fall over and hit another flag, creating a domino effect that eventually leaves all of the flags on the ground tries to stab him but it bounces off the last scale just in time for the inexplicably, infinitely inflating yoshi to gobble him up thus winning this season of interdimensional ultimate deathmatch!"

TOWN HAS WON despite never executing a single scum aligned player!

The final scum -

YPM - The secret feeling that almost everyone shares that, when in an auditorium that has a row of different countries flags and listening to someone drone on and on about something no one cares about, that a slightly tipped over flag at the end of the row will eventually fall over and hit another flag, creating a domino effect that eventually leaves all of the flags on the ground.

Dimension - Situations J7
Designation - Hypothetical Desire
Alignment - scum
Abilities - Good Acoustics, Subtle shared desire, IT'S HAPPENING

Good Acoustics - This auditorium DOES have pretty good acoustics, each day a report will be posted in thread containing a list of players who visited you, no one will know what the list of players means aside from you unless you decide to tell them.

Subtle shared desire - All the players in the game REALLY want to see those flags fall down, like real bad this lecture is so loving boring. Each night, you will randomly visit another player, this visit does nothing on its own, but is tied to the next ability.

IT'S HAPPENING - YES THE FLAG FELL! Once you have visited 3 unique players you may activate IT'S HAPPENING, however, you may continue using Subtle shared desire to increase the efficacy of IT'S HAPPENING. Once activated you may then at any point in the game post ##IT'S HAPPENING <player> in thread during the day and you will place as many additional votes on them as the number of players you visit with subtle shared desire, so if you wait until you visited 6 unique players, you would drop 6 votes on a player targeted with IT'S HAPPENING etc.

You are scum aligned and win when scum control the vote

The surviving town player:

JosefStalin - the inexplicably, infinitely inflating yoshi

Dimension - Pop Culture S9
Designation - Theoretical Fictional Entity
Alignment - town
Abilities - Snag, Inflate, Inexplicable

Snag - At night you can target a player to snag with your tongue and pull into your mouth. That player is Jailed, You also determine whether you want to swallow or not, swallowing a player kills them bypassing any kill protections they may have.

Inflate - You can inflate infinitely, once during the game you can choose to ##inflate at any point day or night privately in your confessional, once this is done you will gain 5 stacks of deathproof that are automatically used whenever you would die, however, you cannot stop inflating and will begin to accrue a stack of hated each day as you become much more noticeable to the other competitors, this can't go lower than 1 vote to execute.

Inexplicable - You cannot be explained, if you are targeted with any investigative ability that action will fail.

Thoughts on the game, obviously the game isn't balanced, this series is not designed with that in mind, I just make a cool sounding role based on the flavor, whatever strikes me at the time. Then after i make the roles, i assign the alignment so scum or town could have gotten any of those roles. Including the , admittedly wildly overpowered inflating yoshi role.

I made SO many mod errors in this game and I apologize for each one of them, there was a TON to keep track of and to top that all off i was running this during a very difficult time in my life with a lot going on.

With that in mind, when i run season 3 of this, I will DEFINITELY be getting a co mod or two to help with accuracy on actions.

Thanks for playing!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Lmao nobody was expecting balance on this one, we were expecting wacky

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

In retrospect the balance was perfect because I won the game

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
gg all :sun:

Thank you for running this madness Cpig ! !

Now let's all sing and dance and hug and sing and dance and hug~

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lol good work Joey Joe joe

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

told you guys I was town

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

cpig post my flip :cmon:

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

quote:

That awkward look on your face where you are trying to find the words to gently tell your friend that the beer they've not shut the gently caress up about for weeks now, and have been harassing you to try all that time, tastes like poo poo

quote:

Tesla fan boy whose cyber truck keeps trying to kill him but he still loves the car

Co-MVPs.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I got to pick my three one shots from:

Mason(Pick another player to start a masonry with when you choose this ability)
Ninja
Paranoid Gun Owner
Poisoner
Rolecop
Roleblock
Tracker
Watcher
Bomb
Execution Bomb
Busdriver
Cop(unknown sanity)
Doctor(self protect, no same target in a row)
Doublevoter
Firefighter
Framer
Godfather
Gunsmith
Jailer
Janitor
Lie Detector

I almost took bomb AND execution bomb

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

GGWP!

PM: You did an astounding job as scum; never would have caught you.

CPig: Thank you for the yuge amount of effort on the role gen, flavors, etc.

And my god: The town win without lunch. Nice job to the vigs!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry to all my townies I murdered

YPM you did a great job avoiding any suspicion from me whatsoever

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dans Macabre posted:

cpig post my flip :cmon:

You are Ticketmaster

Dimension - Capitalism F1
Designation - Corporation
Alignment - town
Abilities - Very wealthy, Tickets, A Long list of controversy

Very Wealthy - Once, at night you can ##buy out another player, that player will get a shot of deathproof at the open of the next day in exchange, if you are targeted for a kill that night, they will die instead.

Tickets - You can sell tickets, you have the following tickets:

Winter Throne - the most kvlt black metal band in operation (1 shot daykill)
Rotten Scallywags - The newest old school punk throwback nostalgia band (1 shot track)
C.O.O.L. - A pop group trying to bring back the early aughts boy band experience. (1 shot cop)

You can pick a band and a player and they will receive the corresponding ability, each can only be sold once.

A Long list of controversy - Boy have you had a lot of problems, like, a LOT. You've done some shady rear end poo poo (But then, so have most corporations) - You are nearly untouchable by normal means, lots of red tape, bought judges, bribed officials that sort of thing. If you are targeted by a kill, it will not work the first time, someone has to target you two nights in a row in order to successfully kill you, even then, you can't truly die, you'll just keep crawling back under a different name or merge with another corp. If you ever die or are executed your flip will not be shown and you will become a stump instead.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

lmao at the inflating yoshi being the unstoppable town x-factor

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i have no idea what was happening even after reading everyone's confessionals so i guess that fits

it was fun up until day 4 when josef's power kinda brought the game to a standstill but at least he managed to win it for us in the end.

i was at least right about pmuzz being the bear

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I legit don't understand how this game could be solved at all

I enjoyed while I was alive though lol

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I'd say "good game town" but the town never executed scum which is pretty hilarious

But really, good game town! It was a lot of fun playing as scum with the EV of Damocles hanging over my head. Chekov's Cybertruck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Town's most effective weapon became nightkills and scum's most effective weapon became the dayvote. I find this poetic (even though as town without a kill my position was very silly)