Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Because you were so sure I'm town all of a sudden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Dominoes posted:

I will be that guy: Can someone spell out for me the Joseph/Keats boon/clearing thing? (Maybe tomorrow actually; don't want to derail this)

keats has claimed a power that lets his target's action target two people & resolve first - this is completely unrelated to the subgame boons. keats and josef have claimed that keats used it on josef n2 but that cpig made a mod error and so josef didn't get a second target for his action or anything? josef thinks that keats using the power on him means keats is town.

keats also somehow guessed that josef had an investigative power without josef mentioning anything about it in thread from what i can tell and i'm suspicious of that.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Keats have you said one reason why I'm scum because I didn't see it in your 10 pages of posts

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Idk what to do

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Voodoofly posted:

ok yeah LIH I think you are right about keats

Voodoo you sre making me doubtful but the fact remains that I am suspicious of like literally everybody voting for zzyx

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Thx Joseph/LIH for the explanation.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

Voodoo you sre making me doubtful but the fact remains that I am suspicious of like literally everybody voting for zzyx

you voted me and called me scum long before I voted zzyzx this morning

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Except I guess dominoes now

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

Idk what to do

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Voodoofly posted:

you voted me and called me scum long before I voted zzyzx this morning

Yeah I know that was vibes

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

Yeah I know that was vibes

yeah I'm not really believing you on that one

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

look I'm heading out I'm not unvoting the person tied with me for the lead but I'll try and check back and if you all get keats up there be sure I'll swap

lih
May 15, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

This is a good point - I think Keats was guessing it, but now I have to re read if anyone revealed the lake boons in greater detail

your investigative power is from the subsubgame boon? i don't think anyone claimed what the boons were except that they were one-shots?

to me that at least suggests that keats is scum with someone from the subgames and i already think he's scum with shark so that fits.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

See like if you're scum right now then you are great at faking tone. But people have the ability to fake tone well! I'm not saying you have left any obvious markers but the whiff of scum is there. Some of it is the lack of engagement before and that has been whittled away in the last like 12 hours. But looking at you vs zzyx if it's not scum v scum then it's town v town so it doesn't make me inclined ti vote zzyx still...

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Aaaah I am here now sorry I got hung up at work but now I'm in the middle of dinner and lost track of time. Thank you for the ping, lih!

I don't understand the stuff with Keats and Josef and would like to know more but agree there's probably not enough time to talk about it today.

Rn it's 5&5 and I'd vote for either Voodoo or zzyzx but leaning toward zzyzx because I trust the people on that side more. I'd switch to Voodoo though if need be

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

b-minus1 posted:

Idk what to do

We could all swerve to binus

lih
May 15, 2013

keats how did you 'guess' that josef had an investigative role?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

lih posted:

keats how did you 'guess' that josef had an investigative role?

Only thought that he used one on me specifically because of (see top of this page post)

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Ok, I have to play age of empires now, and this is stressing me out.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

tough call imo

i do agree that the 'that was too easy' angle is less true now

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Oh shoot I forgot to actually vote zzyzx in my post. But now Keats is making sense to me and my main reason for not voting Voodoo was because I didn't trust Keats

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
(New York accent) i'm wafflin' here

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Well then. Regardless of what happens I'd suggest Voodoo and Dominoes, and add Opop/shark to the list for that "well gee, nobody's pushing back on Voodoo" followed by everybody suddenly pushing back on Voodoo.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Gonna trust my gut and ##vote zzyzx

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't trust pmuzz, ypm, shark, voodoo, or zzyz and they're all spread out goddamn it

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

lih posted:

how has voodoo been hard to get votes for? he's had more votes than anyone today?

When scum get executed it’s generally one of two things - either it’s a slam dunk and scum trample over each other trying to get on board, or it’s a toss up and scum generally push in other directions or just slow the vote down. A person getting 4-5 votes but the rest feel like pulling teeth when it’s 8 to execute feels a lot like the latter, while if voodoo were town it would be a lot easier as scum come in going “ugh close to the deadline I guess I will vote voodoofly”. This is how the zzyzx votes feel to me, more momentum as the voodoo execution stalls as scum shift the towns focus at the last minute.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Aaaah I am here now sorry I got hung up at work but now I'm in the middle of dinner and lost track of time. Thank you for the ping, lih!

I don't understand the stuff with Keats and Josef and would like to know more but agree there's probably not enough time to talk about it today.

Rn it's 5&5 and I'd vote for either Voodoo or zzyzx but leaning toward zzyzx because I trust the people on that side more. I'd switch to Voodoo though if need be

Dont like this post

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Can we vote pmuzzles

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

b-minus1 posted:

Dont like this post

If it helps, I don't like the dinner I'm making either

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

Can we vote pmuzzles

Many have been saying this all game

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Feeling a lot more sure about my vote now

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

both the voodoo/zyzz votes are more uninspiring compromises than slam dunks so if yall want to try a last minute pmuzz swerve im down

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

gonna be tough to swing 8 votes in the last 30 minutes though

lih
May 15, 2013

Tom Tucker posted:

When scum get executed it’s generally one of two things - either it’s a slam dunk and scum trample over each other trying to get on board, or it’s a toss up and scum generally push in other directions or just slow the vote down. A person getting 4-5 votes but the rest feel like pulling teeth when it’s 8 to execute feels a lot like the latter, while if voodoo were town it would be a lot easier as scum come in going “ugh close to the deadline I guess I will vote voodoofly”. This is how the zzyzx votes feel to me, more momentum as the voodoo execution stalls as scum shift the towns focus at the last minute.

if zzyzx flips town i will be heavily suspicious of ypm for shifting momentum to zzyzx and making it so that keats was no longer a viable prospect at all

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

the counterargument is "why is it so hard to execute zzyzx?"

it's wifom

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ypm also took the heat off of wins and led the town to a d1 pq misluncb

##vote ypm gently caress it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Assuming zzyxz is town lol

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

anyway if we're not doing the 24 minute surprise pmuzz execute then i think im gonna lean towards voodoofly again on the basis that i think josef and tom are town

##vote voodoofly

6-6, fuckers

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Voodoofly (6): b-minus1, Johnny Keats, JosefStalinator, zzyzx, Tom Tucker, Illusionis, b-minus1, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, sharkmafia
zzyzx (6): Dominoes, Dominoes, Voodoofly, Dominoes, Jose Valasquez, Your Personal Muse, lih, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, PhantomMuzzles
JosefStalinator (3): Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous
Your Personal Muse (1): b-minus1
lih (1): Johnny Keats, sharkmafia, Opopanax, Johnny Keats, sharkmafia
Opopanax (0): JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator
Johnny Keats (0): lih, PhantomMuzzles, Dominoes, Your Personal Muse, Dominoes, Your Personal Muse, lih, PhantomMuzzles
Jose Valasquez (0): Illusionis, Illusionis
PhantomMuzzles (0): Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
sharkmafia (0): lih, lih, Illusionis, Illusionis

Not Voting (0):

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 22nd, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 21 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote voodoofly

This game has broken my brain