Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The "event" was ignored by the thread until lih finally noticed.

lih posted:

would josef be a good target to try to have at #2 today?

if we end up executing town then we at least get a clear result on josef, but scum/3ps get a bonus if he's town in that case so i'm not sure. if we execute scum then we don't get a result on josef but we would have executed scum so it would be good anyway.

regardless of that, my thinking is that if i had a mechanical way to infer josef's alignment i would really want to do that. i would also want to test this but i don't have a reliable way of doing so:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

lih posted:

what did you do last night b-minus1? you've claimed you had a shot of deathproof, the permanent bus-drive n1, and the meteor shower n2. the meteor shower as you describe it sounds like it should be a one-shot, and the deathproof should count as one of your three abilities (it did for tokes), so that should be all three abilities.

I imagine the empower had something to do with my meteor shower being mostly useless. It prolly blocked any potential negative effects.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

b-minus1 posted:

Do you think josef is scum?

If not How do you explain th lack of a scum rush?

Somewhere between 4 and 6 scum have already died (5-7 if you count Mona who would almost certainly be activated eventually), you're assumption that there are at least 2 left is odd. Also, this game has had a million killing roles, scum rushing it would be a bold strategy

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Somewhere between 4 and 6 scum have already died (5-7 if you count Mona who would almost certainly be activated eventually), you're assumption that there are at least 2 left is odd. Also, this game has had a million killing roles, scum rushing it would be a bold strategy

god dammit, *your

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
27 player game

Known scum:
Wins
Fos
Tom Tucker
Zzxyz

We don’t know dans or dominoes alignment

Still seems like there should be more than one non town left

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

b-minus1 posted:

I imagine the empower had something to do with my meteor shower being mostly useless. It prolly blocked any potential negative effects.

surely the role would just say what the possible negative effects were?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn it I'm sorry guys I threw this one pretty hard

I'm not scum though, and Keats did boost me again last night

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

lih posted:

surely the role would just say what the possible negative effects were?

Nope. 25 percent chance to be struck. The negative effect is random and includes death

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It might be just Josef left. Even if he was scum with someone else you'd think they'd want to do a rush to make themselves look good

lih
May 15, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

Goddamn it I'm sorry guys I threw this one pretty hard

I'm not scum though, and Keats did boost me again last night

you should probably just full-claim given the circumstances? do you have any investigation results to share?

lih
May 15, 2013

or josef were you responsible for the stomach acid?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am town, attempts to rush me are scum and should be treated accordingly

Out right now but wanna read the results more thoroughly before claiming

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming dominoes was town and scum used a boon to janitor them, could have been their boon from the top two thing OR from the submafias

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I could see binus as going heavy bussing d1 and then backing off after that, he's a little too on the nose D1 and early D2

b-minus1 posted:

[quote="Pussy Quipped" post="538905923"]
##vote Tom tucker
Too much effort d1. Idk if it’s a town or scum move but I don’t like it either way!
[/quote

b-minus1 posted:

Btw I’m trying a new strategy in this game where I only vote scum

b-minus1 posted:

This post is scummy af

Wins showed up, claimed to read every post the thread (lol) and ended up basically including all of the people with the most suspicion in their scum list. It feels fake. Wins quoted one post for every person on their list except PQ who is on the list for seemingly no reason. It reads like a scum trying to find the right balance of townies and scum in their scum team list.

I don’t like the interaction with voodoo either. But for now I am going ##vote wins
This quote feels like he knew how PQ was gonna flip

b-minus1 posted:

##vote pq I wanna see the flip.

Then immediately takes credit for wins D2

b-minus1 posted:

LOL

I loving told you all wins was scum
I knew PQ was town.

Man my town list was awesome. Hal and tpc were also on there

ALSO

I busdrove fancy and someone else last night.

AND

someone tried to kill me last night

##vote sandwolf

b-minus1 posted:

You successfully kill your target.

lih
May 15, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

I'm assuming dominoes was town and scum used a boon to janitor them, could have been their boon from the top two thing OR from the submafias

the top two thing was fake, zzyzx did it.

what were the subgame boon options? you're the only one alive who's received one so you should claim that too

if scum used a subgame boon to janitor dominoes then it would have to be fos or you though, everyone else who got one has flipped town i think?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I can see where this is going and it’s not good. I know I didn’t play a good game. I’m town. Don’t really know what else there is to say. I’ve been upfront about all of my reads, night actions, and my frustrations that all of my strong town reads died early and I had a hard time finding my footing after d1

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lih posted:

the top two thing was fake, zzyzx did it.

what were the subgame boon options? you're the only one alive who's received one so you should claim that too

if scum used a subgame boon to janitor dominoes then it would have to be fos or you though, everyone else who got one has flipped town i think?

Ah poo poo didn't read the flips in detail yet, I'll get the full list later when I'm home but it was pretty much every mafia action that exists except a vig. Like 10 or so

lih
May 15, 2013

was the janitor option 'janitors them whenever they die' or 'janitors them if they die tonight'?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

b-minus1 posted:

It seems likely that everyone actively posting is town. Scum have very little reason to post at this point. Let’s turn up the heat on someone. Voodoo, ypm, zyxwvut

I still feel like this is true today. Who’s trying to make sense of the game? Who’s coasting

Ypm, opop, illusionis. Ther has to be scum in that group

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
They definitely neee to fill claim

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Probably illu, should always kill replacements

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lih and Josef are my main picks though

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Opopanax posted:

Probably illu, should always kill replacements

I’ll be mad if it is sandwolf. That mofo targeted me the same night I lost my deathproof and then got mad that I was suspicious of him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

I’ll be mad if it is sandwolf. That mofo targeted me the same night I lost my deathproof and then got mad that I was suspicious of him.

Yeah I'd be mad too if I got caught red handed like that

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

b-minus1 posted:

Wasn't that when Hal was the lightning rod or whatever?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Wasn't that when Hal was the lightning rod or whatever?

Wait, how did you know Sandwolf targeted you? Sandwolf couldn't target you, everyone targeted Hal

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Opopanax posted:

Lih and Josef are my main picks though

lih was pushing zzyzx basically forever

lih
May 15, 2013

Jose Valasquez posted:

Wait, how did you know Sandwolf targeted you? Sandwolf couldn't target you, everyone targeted Hal

sandwolf claimed he doced b-minus1 n1 before people put together the hal lightning rod stuff

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
I don't think Sandwolf was lying about the doc. He seemed genuinely frustrated with binus

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
(not that I think frustration makes people Towny in general)(just in that instance where he got frustrated with binus specifically because he thought binus was lying, and then he ended up replacing out)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PhantomMuzzles posted:

lih was pushing zzyzx basically forever

Easy bus, zyzz wasn't exactly winning the game for them

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

PhantomMuzzles posted:

(not that I think frustration makes people Towny in general)(just in that instance where he got frustrated with binus specifically because he thought binus was lying, and then he ended up replacing out)

I would be annoyed if they are both scum, but I could see frustrated Sandwolf with either individual one of them being scum

lih
May 15, 2013

looking at n2 action claims & unverified kills:

n2 action claims:
b-minus1 - meteor shower, 25% of giving all players a negative effect (potentially including kills) - responsible for killing salad
keats - buffed josef to have action resolve first and two targets - josef verifies this but says cpig made an error and forgot to tell him about it so he didn't have two actions?
lih - i was not responsible for any of the kills. i will claim if it helps though i admit my action is likely unverifiable. my flavour is 'yoshi's island' and i did hint at this very early on.
jose v - lie detector on josef's post about how his deathproof stuff works - likely unverifiable but i'm inclined to believe this right now.
opop - has claimed no active night actions but 'woke up with blood on his hands' n2 and suspects he was somehow made responsible for the 'knife in her back' kill on tokes.
pmuzz - has claimed she roleblocked tokes and it failed (likely because tokes was empowered by hal) because she has no other night action on even nights. this is likely unverifiable
josef - ???
illusionis - ???
ypm - ???

confirmed:
voodoo - responsible for 'cuts up and down her arms' kill on tokes

unaccounted for kills n2:
tokes was found with a knife in her back - i think this could actually be fos, this fits with the 'ex assassin' power in his flip
yuming was eaten by a bear - pmuzz flavour claimed in masonry that she is 'something holding food' and 'cute and fuzzy' - i didn't piece things together before but it's at least plausible this is a bear cub holding food?
hambeet was digested by stomach acid
fos was blasted by an arquebus

i'm suspecting josef did the stomach acid kills given that there were two last night and keats claimed to have buffed josef again giving him two targets for his action - this is enough to make me think he's not scum at least, barring a counter-claim or some shenanigans that lead to zzyzx being killed n3. it's possible dominoes did one of the unaccounted for kills, of course. i doubt jose did either the bear or arquebus kills, i don't know how they would relate to the chaos flavour-wise, and having multiple killing abilities would probably be a bit much?

if opop was somehow forced to carry out the 'knife in back' kill on tokes, that's another unverified ability from someone else. i find it hard to believe that fos would not use his one-shot jugg kill on n2 after they were a clear suspect for the next day, so i really think he was responsible for killing tokes. he didn't use it n1 since it would have hit hal.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I don't think Sandwolf was lying about the doc. He seemed genuinely frustrated with binus

I agree. It seems unlikely that he is scum

lih
May 15, 2013

if josef is responsible for the stomach acid kills, i'm a bit wary that he seems to have a juggernaut kill (given there were protective roles claimed to have been used n1 which hit hal) that he's used every night, but i don't think he's scum given the zzyzx kill.

i can see a scenario where pmuzz killed yuming n2 alongside fos killing tokes, in order to try to pocket me. this is worth considering.

i have generally gotten town vibes from illusionis all game and it' seems likely he killed fos given the how the claims line up. it's likely dominoes was responsible for the kill on fos, or much less likely it was ypm. sandwolf's frustration felt very genuine and mirrored his frustration as town in periodic table too.

ypm has not really done much all game to think make me think he's town. opop has also not done much all game to make me think he's town.

lih
May 15, 2013

if josef is responsible for the stomach acid kills as i suspect, but they are not juggernaut kills normally, then that implicates both pmuzz and illusionis who claimed to have used protective actions that hit hal n1.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I want to know who roleblocked/jailed me

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Here is where I am at with Josef's role:

1 - If he actually can be executed normally, then I no longer care. We can have a day be wasted if he stays dead.

If he cannot be executed normally...

2 - AND he is scum OR he is a serial killer, then I should stop hypercharging him at night but otherwise have nothing I can do to interact with the game in a meaningful way if my vote doesn't work on scum.

3 - AND he is town, then anybody who hammers him is confirmed scum I guess for wasting a day, and Josef has the ability to kill them so it's not a winning strategy for scum to take advantage of his role's downside.

In all of these cases I don't care about removing Josef from the game, if it's even possible. When it comes to Josef I'm assuming he's town so that I still have something to do.

lih
May 15, 2013

if josef did the stomach acid kills like i think then i really doubt he's scum given that he killed zzyzx unless someone wants to claim redirect shenanigans? serial killer may be possible, but afqm did have a kill that bypassed protection that he could use every night as town, so it's possible josef does too i guess.

JosefStalinator posted:

Goddamn it if you're scum, Keats

I have a lot of deathproof stacks, I'll let you know precisely how many if it becomes problematic for town that I remain alive so you can pop aome

You can pop one by voting me but it won't kill me any time soon so it'll be a waste

jose claimed he used a lie detector to verify this, so as long as jose isn't scum then josef is known to be at least killable eventually? it would be pretty stupid if the deathproof & hated stacks weren't actually connected though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

i'm still suspicious of b-minus1 and keats for their posting but not as suspicious of them for their claims at present. i feel worse about b-minus1 right now.

i'm suspicious of pmuzz mostly because of what she claimed about her flavour and n2 action in the masonry.

i'm suspicious of ypm and opop for being generally lurky and low content, there's not much reason to think either is town.

illusionis has felt pretty towny all game but voting voodoo over zzyzx yesterday could be something. he still seems less likely to be scum than most of the game.

i was suspicious of jose v for his d2 posts but he has improved since then. not anything like a clear town read but he's less suspicious than most right now.