Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

I'm trying to figure out what sort of niche they were going for by watching the gameplay and all I can tell so far is "we were having fun making things"

And honestly that's a positive trait in a game

yeah, i think overall i probs am not as positive on the game as i could be, but i have to respect its sheer amount of mechanical excess. i atleast think we as a world of gamers shouldve supported the tekken spin-off.

TwoPair posted:

Can't believe they made a spinoff Tekken game and it's not about King or Kuma. It's like they wanted it to fail! :v:

they did the science. gamers everywhere ranked nina williams and her many acts in the IRA as the number one popular thing in 2005. unfortunately the death of pope john paul the 2nd left the world in mourning, and unwilling to give the game its proper success.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Nina can stealth neck break me any day of the week

uh-huh yeah man for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

So the only result I got from Namco developed horror games is Splatterhouse, but that's more of a beat em up than a survival horror game.
And the first game in the series came out in 1988 as well.

After that I there's just Bandai Namco titles.

and splatterhouse ftw. so look forward to the otaku trash machine apology video for this grave ignorance

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

The info may be a bit out of date, but I believe this was reported as the reason the game was made with Tekken's Nina Williams in the lead role, and that no character ever came close to dethroning her. She's still probably one of the most popular characters in Tekken but I haven't kept up enough to know if someone else is #1.

the number 1 most popular character in tekken is negan from the walking dead now op