Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

This gap between the honorary starters and whenever the first group gets to hole 4 is annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Man those flags are whipping. Gonna be a fun couple days if it stays like this.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Mean Baby posted:

What cannel or app is this stupid thing on? I can’t find it on espn or paramount.

You can also watch it direct via their site.

https://www.masters.com/en_US/live/index.html

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I can’t get that site to work, I just get a stupid leaderboard or a radio. Unless it’s :amerikkka: only

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Eat poo poo Phil you fuckstain.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

The gently caress is going on with Day’s trousers?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

A guy named Glover doesn’t wear a glove?

Anno
May 10, 2017

The Rabbi T. White posted:

It's been a problem all year.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tiger is on pace to shoot -72, he's got this in the bag.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Already a fantastic Masters just watching the Cat clinically birdie #1. What a treat.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Suprfli6 posted:

Tiger is on pace to shoot -72, he's got this in the bag.

:yeah:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why is Bryson suddenly amazing

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Kirios posted:

he got to play before it got really windy

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Scottie!!

Anno
May 10, 2017

Fuckin' Scottie lol. It's not enough to be the best ball striker in who knows how long he also has to be like a top-10 around the green guy.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

didn't see who it was, but that one player's approach was going to go like 30yds past the green if it didn't bounce off the fan barrier post

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

A guy named Glover doesn’t wear a glove?

One of golfs long standing ironies

Kirios posted:

Bryson is really good, if somewhat polarizing. The issue is no one watches LIV

nerox
May 20, 2001
Bryson hit the longest drive I have ever seen in person on 14 at Tuesday’s practice round. He hit a fairway wood first and the crowd started to yell at him to pull out the driver. :lol:

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

They are very large.

Doesn’t he also sometimes have sponsors on them?

BoboThePenguin
Mar 1, 2005
My ping is one.
Cantlay with the eagle. Let's goooo.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
J-Day needs a 90's thick baggy cotton polo with the short sleeves hanging below his elbows. :colbert:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I believe in Jay Day's pants

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Tiger has a look on his face that says, I’m loving here and if it takes 10 cortisone shots and 10k mg of ibuprofen I’m playing all 4 days.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Malnati picking up his beaver pelt to repair the augusta grounds is so incredibly on brand.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

I just want Tiger to make the cut with relative ease and 'compete' the whole weekend.

And then I need the combo of Scheffler/Clark/Theegala/Zalatoris (Aberg as my alternate) to a) all make the cut, and b) put the lowest combined score in my work pool.

And I need Tom Kim to finish higher than all your picks too

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

You’re all delusional. Fox gonna bring it home.
:nz:

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
With those pants, Jason Day is going to fly away like a kite in these winds lol

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Day needs to go full early 90’s and cuff them pants like Cavaricis with some puffed out wigwam socks.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

GEMorris posted:

I'm a big feel-good-comeback-story fan and so while i want to say Glover I'm going to go with the neon ball man himself, Malnati.

We were picking who we thought would have the highest score, right?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Good save by Ti Ger Woods

(Sun Day Red still pisses me off no end.)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

so what do they do when it gets too dark to finish the round

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

AndrewP posted:

This all already happened by now, but they blow the horn, players can choose to mark and pick up their balls or finish the hole they are on, then they resume the round bright and early tomorrow.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tiger being in the afternoon today meaning he has to finish 6 holes early tomorrow and then go back out and play 18 is going to absolutely wreck him. Meanwhile if he had gone off in the morning today he would have an even longer rest tomorrow to get ready.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

AndrewP posted:

They ask the fans to drive their cars up along the fairways, illuminating each hole with headlights. It’s a tradition like no other.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 12, 2024

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

First time I've watched the Masters close to live, and the first time I've seen so many LIV players.

I only started taking an interest in golf recently, so I'm hoping to see some Tiger magic (but I'm realistic because I know he's past his prime years and mostly crippled which is a shame).

Someone explain to me how Scheffler hits anything at all while constantly slipping on banana skins during every shot.

nerox
May 20, 2001

AndrewP posted:

Augusta National has never allowed it to get too dark.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Carth Dookie posted:

First time I've watched the Masters close to live, and the first time I've seen so many LIV players.

I only started taking an interest in golf recently, so I'm hoping to see some Tiger magic (but I'm realistic because I know he's past his prime years and mostly crippled which is a shame).

Someone explain to me how Scheffler hits anything at all while constantly slipping on banana skins during every shot.

The chip on 11 was some near-prime Tiger stuff. Shots sneak through now and then, they aren’t totally gone.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

He still has flair, but has lost his consistency and ability to attack pins like he used to.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

nerox posted:

Augusta National has never allowed it to get too dark.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tiger's hosed up back is one of the greatest tragedies of sports honestly