Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

bazzzzeeeddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

it passed the house something like 390-10 its in senate now apparently and thats an obvious pass as well

can they go back to not passing anything I liked that better

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Scarabrae posted:

gently caress JOE BIDEN

:hmmyes:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Toph Bei Fong posted:

The rule of thumb for conservative endowment investing is $1 million yields $50k in payout each year.

That's not "NYC Penthouse Limo Full Maid and Champaign Service" rich, but it's certainly enough to get a paid off house in a small upstate town and live comfortably without ever having to lift a finger again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNpkhX85yf0&t=838s

This is part of why I think there's a certain subset of the "working class" that falls into a grey area because they could very easily stop working if they no longer cared about things like "living in a nice house in a super expensive area" or "paying to send their children to Harvard" (and they also derive a significant portion of their income from investments).

It's true that such people can't maintain their preferred lifestyle solely off of their capital returns, but their "need to work" isn't the same metaphorical "gun to the head" as it is most of the rest of the working class. There isn't the same level of coercion involved.

The main thing that gives this the ol' Trump charm is the "(New York Post!)"

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Apr 26, 2024

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

biceps crimes posted:

lol was nodding along and then saw the name. alex jones has outflanked the fraud squad to the left

I'm sorry, but you are now a horse shoe my friend.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao imagine getting outflanked on the left by loving Alex Jones.

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again
I'm not sure Biden would survive a debate with Trubmo. He's looking fit.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

cool zone 2 incoming

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Scarabrae posted:

gently caress JOE BIDEN

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Scarabrae posted:

gently caress JOE BIDEN

Many are saying this! They should!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ytlaya posted:

This is part of why I think there's a certain subset of the "working class"

(and they also derive a significant portion of their income from investments).

hmmmm

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1781120448186462407

emphasis mine, in light of the current and on-going prosecution of dissidents, up to and including just today
https://twitter.com/IUonStrike/status/1783620195581350102

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it's all such a bizarre overreaction

my own beloved alma mater just called in the cops on a bunch of dorks on a damp, chilly lawn near the old library, the one nobody uses. if it had been left on its own it would have been gone inside of 24 hours, 36 on the outside. they have absolutely no way to accomplish anything beyond generate It's A Bad Look, Chief memes, and the administration's coming down on it harder than they've come down on anything in a generation

if they could believe it was going to dissuade the kids I could -maybe- see it but come the gently caress on, you have just told a bunch of late teens early 20somethings that they've got some kind of power over you, what do you think their next move is going to be

It's fascism. That's what it looks like. "A bad look" doesn't matter anymore.

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

VideoKid posted:

can they go back to not passing anything I liked that better

Democrats spent the first two years of bidens presidency whining that they couldn't do anything because of republicans/manchin/sinema, gave up on doing anything for year 3, and now for year 4 are suddenly passing alot of things with complete bipartisan support.

I really wish liberals would self reflect on why all the sudden there is a change

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

those snipers actions are completely on Joe Biden and his supporters.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1783585267481276861

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Straight up how do these people remember to breathe.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

"Its okay that the thing I identify as facist is happening now, because hoh boy, have you seen the other guy?"

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Nonsense posted:

those snipers actions are completely on Joe Biden and his supporters.

gently caress Joe Biden and gently caress anyone who still defends him.

Zero difference between a bloodthirsty chud and a lib who says bloodthirst is the best we can do.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Oh good! So there's still time to vote the fascist out?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

i almost want to make an account to scream at him but im sure someone already pointed out that this is happening under biden

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bootleg Trunks posted:

i almost want to make an account to scream at him but im sure someone already pointed out that this is happening under biden

https://twitter.com/bookybook5050/status/1783637293322154308

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

the poop handlers are real

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
i can’t wait until joe biden loses and the amphetamine withdrawal shoves his rear end right into everywhere at the end of time stage 5

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
these days i'm hoping joe strokes out because i think kamala could actually win and is the harm reduction option

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

kamala has probably a worse chance of winning

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Automata 10 Pack posted:

i can’t wait until joe biden loses and the amphetamine withdrawal shoves his rear end right into everywhere at the end of time stage 5

he's gonna gain so much weight when he hits up the jenis without his desoxyn enema

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

HallelujahLee posted:

kamala has probably a worse chance of winning

right now, yeah, but i think it could be a LBJ moment for her

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't want anything to happen to Biden (except for losing in November) just because I don't want the old gently caress to become a lib martyr. Let him lose, poo poo himself and then kick the bucket from old age. No one would hopefully give a poo poo about a genocidal one term old loser.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Joementum posted:

these days i'm hoping joe strokes out because i think kamala could actually win and is the harm reduction option
i'll look back at this post if the US goes balls-deep into a simultaneous three-front war under kamala's administration

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i'll look back at this post if the US goes balls-deep into a simultaneous three-front war under kamala's administration

buddy, i have literally made six digits of Posts on these dumb forums, almost all of them bad

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Wow, President Harris imprisons everyone to maximize the 13th Amendment carveout!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Joementum posted:

right now, yeah, but i think it could be a LBJ moment for her

shes a complete imbecile though like even biden in his state is ahead of her

i do agree in terms of israel probably because she isnt a rabid zionist

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1783645631556280557

code:
[url]https://twitter.com/Mr_Andrew_Fox/status/1783463501123485795[/url]
I gave a presentation this morning, partly about Afghanistan. On the drive home it set me thinking.

My hunch is that part of the reason for Western protests about Gaza is a total failure to understand what urban war is, and what it looks like, and people are horrified to see it. Totally understandable. Now couple that to a powerful disinformation campaign that exploits those feelings of horror and tells them what they’re seeing and can’t comprehend (urban war) is something else (genocide).

As a commander in Afghanistan on my first two tours, which were before the “counterinsurgency” era, I saw my job as being to apply maximum violence to kill the enemy legally within rules of engagement. If I had a Harrier or an A-10 or an Apache to call on, I’d use that as a first option. If not, I’d use mortars or Javelin or machine guns if I had them. Only as a last resort would I commit my rifle sections.

That’s war. And that’s what Israel is fighting, on a far more brutal scale. Hamas and the surrounding Iranian proxies are an existential threat to Israel’s existence as a country. It’s that which people in the West fail to understand. We’re used to expeditionary wars of choice on the other side of the world. Israel has kibbutzim 5km from where their troops are fighting. The IDF in Gaza can look over their shoulders and see their home. It’s a totally different perspective on war from the one we in the West are used to.

Hamas have to be deleted as a fighting force for Israel to survive as a country with safe borders. To achieve that is the single most basic function of government. This isn’t a war Israel wants but it’s one they’ve been forced to fight. They’ve already taken double the fatalities the British did in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.

If they wanted to, they could stand off with jets, and hit Gaza City and Khan Younis and Rafah simultaneously and level the place - and legally. If it’s a military target and you can justify the collateral damage, the law of armed conflict says that’s legal. That Israel hasn’t done that tells you all you need to know about whether this is a genocide or not.

I don’t blame people for being sucked in by disinformation about Gaza. It’s been sophisticated and effective information warfare. I have no limits to my contempt for those who throw around “genocide” when they know perfectly well it isn’t. The most serious of crimes shouldn’t be debased like that, and shame on South Africa and their allies who have abused international law in this way.

War is horrifying, brutal, and extremely violent. Gaza isn’t a conventional counter-terror campaign. We saw on 7 October how well armed, organised and tactically aware Hamas are. They use human and humanitarian shields. They’ve forced Israel into the only appropriate response, and it’s the innocents in Gaza who suffer. That the numbers of innocents injured and killed is so low is a testament to the IDF using tactics that have incurred far higher IDF casualties than other options on the table.

“War is hell” is a cliche for a reason. But it’s nothing more than a war that we see in Gaza.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Danann posted:

Hamas have to be deleted as a fighting force for Israel to survive as a country

In that case: long live Hamas.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
wonder what instigated the Beirut bombing. probably nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

wonder what instigated the Beirut bombing. probably nothing.

Ariel Sharon was invited to Lebanon! Nothing happened!